Hybrid View

OS
    iOS

Is this game ready for PVP

Sadly for me it's a no
    Players may want it but until all the character bugs are sorted out I can see badlum with its release

So I think we should have no more new characters until the old ones are sorted out

Developes need to concentrate on getting BNW Out first while still working on bugs in general game
    I'm hoping BNW a will solve the Rune problem because this is also a must before PVP hits

OS
    Android
    fully agree. no chance that we can get a balanced or good working pvp yet. some characters still scale with the wrong stat and some skills don't do what they should. some chars are ridiculous OP others are way to weak.
    In this state of the development it's not possible make a good pvp feature imo. Even if they would release in a big new tuning patch, i'd bet, that there will be a few more crucial things to fix.

pvp is a great idea, but at this point it makes no sense for me. let's take some time and release a good PVP i'd say rather than a bugged one.
    But i'm afraid, that they will release it asap nontheless.

Then we will get another beta feature, which will have to be adjusted many times, till i workes fine.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I hear what you guys are saying, but I am itching for some new content. Delaying it too long could cause a loss of interest for many end game players.

BUT -I could be patient awhile longer if a new world were to be released soon...

OS
    iOS
    For me the new content is the characters that I cannot use due to the lack of talismans. My progress has come to a complete halt in this game and I'm way behind most of you now, but I feel like it's not worth my time investment at the moment. I'm only missing about 20 rare characters, which I'll collect in time, but if I can't upgrade the ones I've got with max talismans I don't see a point. The other point of contention is some of my characters have been hit pretty hard by the nerf bat like samurai Eddie ->who by no means is a slouch, but LOTS of other characters hit just as hard as him now, do AOE damage on top of that, and add buffs as well. And the character reworks are still an issue with quite a few of the eddies sporting useless skills. I'm sure it will all work itself out eventually, but I feel like the devs have to work through every character one at a time, fix the issues/rework, then balance, then bug check ->which is an enormous task. Broken talisman effects are problematic like the thief and power steal. Lots of bugs. :/
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    I agree. We are way overdue for some new content, but I do not think PvP is the answer at the moment. I'm actually not sure which would drive players away from the game faster; getting no new content and continuing the daily farming grind, or getting frustrated with a broken PvP system and giving up on the game. I'm with everyone else - I'm most looking forward to A Brave New World. I'd love to have a way to build up talismans with a purpose, instead of the endless farming with the hope of a rune drop.

We can beat the issue of character balance to death, but I think it's silly to make a 1 star character just as potent as a legendary character once at 5 stars. For the RNG the way it is, I want to feel like I really hit the jackpot when I get a legendary character. Not slightly better than the 1 star that I've leveled up to 5 stars. I understand building teams based on skills and abilities, but I would like a legendary character to feel legendary.

Sadly, I'm not feeling great about PvP. Someone said it in a different thread, but I think this forum will blow up with complaints and whining once PvP is released. That's the nature of PvP anyway, but it will be greatly magnified if there are significant bugs and character issues.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
    We can beat the issue of character balance to death, but I think it's silly to make a 1 star character just as potent as a legendary character once at 5 stars.
    I'm not too sure about this one. The only reason I got my team to be any good was by grinding up lower level characters to 5*, and if you lock off the really powerful characters to legendary drops only, you run the risk of making the game feel pay-to-win, which is a dangerous path to go down.

I also like the variety that you can get with all the 5* characters being on the same level. If only a handful of characters were OP, people's teams and trooper selections would be pretty damn dull!
    Bobo-5710 (HIATUS)

Current champion: Coalgiver Eddie, lv 100
    -4 5* Strength Talisman (Fierce), 2 2* Health Talisman (Overwhelming)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    ... some chars are ridiculous OP others are way to weak. ....
    Name a few?
    I know some characters seem OP, but have their disadvantages,too
    Who might be OP?

- The warrior troll? Yeah, he has that massive passive, but only 1 round, plus you can counter him with the prisoner.

- Pharaohs revive and invincibility? Now there are enough characters that can revice characters (pharaoh water spirit, grim reaper eddie and now gunner corrupt rescuer), so it's a rather open field. Besides the fact PE only has single attacks and needs good AOE damage dealers to stay intact and regain his fury. Otherwise he's also a quick dead fish in the sands.
    His invincibility? A lot of characters give invincibility, endure or ghost, plus some characters can block or steal beneficial effects.

- PDK? His healing passive is now nerfed to near useless proportions.

- Golden Sun Mage ? Well, his team heal on hit now also triggers every 2-3 perfect hits, not everytime anymore. So not OP anymore.

Some others have great passives, but go single attack or have low stats as counterpart.

I know this "list" would rather inform the devs for "look who we will nerf next", but for me the most "powerful" characters, that were common, were already nerfed with the character/talisman tuning update (Like blue allied soldier or soldier eddie)
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    I hear all the concerns. I also grow very bored...

I need new PVP or new content so or I'll need to take a break very soon. The daily grind holds little value for me these days. The only reason I persist now is to make sure all my troopers get badges.

Gotta say the thing that really did it for me was the nerf rates on LOL dungeons of rare souls. At least that was something. I know they're trying to do new things w/ sacrifice and other things, but it was premature to do this. We needed something new before the little incentive to grind in limbo was removed. I know, I'm beating a dead horse...

Yeah, PVP is a big gamble for this game, but I say they need to let roll the dice and let the chips fall where they may

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post

Gotta say the thing that really did it for me was the nerf rates on LOL dungeons of rare souls. At least that was something. I know they're trying to do new things w/ sacrifice and other things, but it was premature to do this. We needed something new before the little incentive to grind in limbo was removed. I know, I'm beating a dead horse...
    I agree completely with this. The last promo especially where we had no rare souls following october promo wiped me out trying to catch up. Very premature and now I can't hold on to any ironite trying to catch up after the promo.

I agree about the need for new content (BNW/NC) but I am very wary of PVP. It's not additional content... it is the introduction of a new dimension to this game with potential for serious enhancement or consequence. I can see one of the worlds being a lackluster and disappointing execution that exasperates players who have waited, but a poorly-executed PVP should not be taken lightly. I think that has more significant ramifications.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!