Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Are troopers a must have...

...for progression in the game? Currently trying to clear battlefield madness/underworld hard, and am getting crapped on. Is it possible to clear all worlds/difficulties solo, or do you have to have trooper support to pull it off?

Forgive my ignorance Im still fairly new to the game, and im still trying to figure the intricacies of the game.

Thanks for your time!

OS
    iOS
    A great question! Are they necessary? No. Are they highly important? Yes! You can grind your way solo if you really want, but it makes life that much more boring and slower imo. It does help if you get lucky and pull some of the top characters from souls early on.

Basically troopers serve 2 purposes:
    1) Good troopers will help you progress the game faster, keeping things more interesting and gaining better resources for your own players.
    2) the trooper points can be invested in skillshards to improve your characters, or souls to find those rare killer new characters (plus get a lot of crap & duplicates along the way too

In your case, if you hit a roadblock, I'd suggest finding troopers with great characters will really help you. Both, in that you will more likely clear the levels, but also you can check out their talisman builds and get a feel for what you can do with your characters.

Also, skillshards on the right toon can really help ramp up their damage.

The other advice is to go back over levels. Clear all the skulls in past levels so you get the secret locations. They always give the best drops for building your team (and the best gold).

Otherwise, keep posting here for help! If you give us your in-game name too, we can check out your team and make suggestions on what to focus on with developing your team too.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    A great question! Are they necessary? No. Are they highly important? Yes! You can grind your way solo if you really want, but it makes life that much more boring and slower imo. It does help if you get lucky and pull some of the top characters from souls early on.

Basically troopers serve 2 purposes:
    1) Good troopers will help you progress the game faster, keeping things more interesting and gaining better resources for your own players.
    2) the trooper points can be invested in skillshards to improve your characters, or souls to find those rare killer new characters (plus get a lot of crap & duplicates along the way too

In your case, if you hit a roadblock, I'd suggest finding troopers with great characters will really help you. Both, in that you will more likely clear the levels, but also you can check out their talisman builds and get a feel for what you can do with your characters.

Also, skillshards on the right toon can really help ramp up their damage.

The other advice is to go back over levels. Clear all the skulls in past levels so you get the secret locations. They always give the best drops for building your team (and the best gold).

Otherwise, keep posting here for help! If you give us your in-game name too, we can check out your team and make suggestions on what to focus on with developing your team too.
    Thank you your input! I have decided at this point that investing trooper points into skill shards would be more beneficial since previously I would use them on souls and my RNG with them was awful (do i really need 10 magus soldiers? Probably not, lol). I have managed to go back and unlock secret locations in all areas i have cleared outside of underworld normal. Still working on that one. My ingame name is James-2151 if you, or anyone for that matter, would like to take a look. I generally run 5* FotD Eddie with either 5* CotD warrior and 4* Blue Allied Soldier or 4* Hellhound. I am almost positive i am not using optimal talisman setups at the moment, but have been tinkering a bit.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated though! This seems like a fine community of players!

OS
    Android
    I use my troopers nowadays for the sole purpose of getting skillshards, seeing as it's damn near impossible to get them any other way. The class-specific souls are nice too, but I at least know what I'm getting with a shard!
    Bobo-5710 (HIATUS)

Current champion: Coalgiver Eddie, lv 100
    -4 5* Strength Talisman (Fierce), 2 2* Health Talisman (Overwhelming)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedLies View Post
    ...for progression in the game? Currently trying to clear battlefield madness/underworld hard, and am getting crapped on. Is it possible to clear all worlds/difficulties solo, or do you have to have trooper support to pull it off?

Forgive my ignorance Im still fairly new to the game, and im still trying to figure the intricacies of the game.

Thanks for your time!
    I finished the game months ago with my Soldier Eddie, Warrior COTD and Blue allied Soldier, but I have to say it would not have been possible for my team / talisman level without my troopers. Mainly the Alliance General troopers to help me get 3 skulls on the harder levels. Still haven't managed to get one of my own but can't complain too much with the other toons I've pulled. Still doing talisman leveling / tweaking since at first I had no idea what I was doing for and ended up with a whole bunch of "So / So" talismans instead of a few maxed ones. Lesson learned the hard way...

OS
    iOS
    Thank you your input! I have decided at this point that investing trooper points into skill shards would be more beneficial since previously I would use them on souls and my RNG with them was awful (do i really need 10 magus soldiers? Probably not, lol). I have managed to go back and unlock secret locations in all areas i have cleared outside of underworld normal. Still working on that one. My ingame name is James-2151 if you, or anyone for that matter, would like to take a look. I generally run 5* FotD Eddie with either 5* CotD warrior and 4* Blue Allied Soldier or 4* Hellhound. I am almost positive i am not using optimal talisman setups at the moment, but have been tinkering a bit.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated though! This seems like a fine community of players!
    Good choice on skill shards - you have more than enough great chars to work on (soldier eddie and your sentinel angel could also use some love once youve got you main team more or less maxed out)

Yeah, thats a pretty nice team. Imo, you will want to shift around some of your talismans (and then work on maxing them out). My recommendation would be:

FOTD: 2xIron fierce + 2xguardian fierce (his def is higher than his att) + 2 x health or stone (doesnt look like you have any?) overwhelming - its all about physical damage & defence, though you could afford to have one of the reds a safeguard, just to help against magic a little.

Red COTD: Guardians are a waste as his defence is so low. Id be inclined to go 4xstrength (fierce & safe) + either 2xhealth overwhelming (for survivability) or go another set of fierce (or burn or pierce).

Hellhound: 4xguardians (Id go safe, as his def is pretty good!) + 2xhealth overwhelming. Your current setup isnt bad though, just guardians give a bit more of a boost than fierce.

Blue Allied Soldier: Your setup is pretty good. id just suggest maybe blinds instead of the health/one stray stone. Your end build will probably want to be 4xhealth (ward) + 2xholy(power) - Or I run with 3xblind + 3xfreezing.

Good luck!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Is it possible to clear all worlds/difficulties solo...?
    Short answer: yes. The real issue is: what's more important to you personally? The satisfaction of doing it by yourself or hording skill shards to eventually compete in PvP?
    Relentless-3385

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Good choice on skill shards - you have more than enough great chars to work on (soldier eddie and your sentinel angel could also use some love once youve got you main team more or less maxed out)

Yeah, thats a pretty nice team. Imo, you will want to shift around some of your talismans (and then work on maxing them out). My recommendation would be:

FOTD: 2xIron fierce + 2xguardian fierce (his def is higher than his att) + 2 x health or stone (doesnt look like you have any?) overwhelming - its all about physical damage & defence, though you could afford to have one of the reds a safeguard, just to help against magic a little.

Red COTD: Guardians are a waste as his defence is so low. Id be inclined to go 4xstrength (fierce & safe) + either 2xhealth overwhelming (for survivability) or go another set of fierce (or burn or pierce).

Hellhound: 4xguardians (Id go safe, as his def is pretty good!) + 2xhealth overwhelming. Your current setup isnt bad though, just guardians give a bit more of a boost than fierce.

Blue Allied Soldier: Your setup is pretty good. id just suggest maybe blinds instead of the health/one stray stone. Your end build will probably want to be 4xhealth (ward) + 2xholy(power) - Or I run with 3xblind + 3xfreezing.

Good luck!
    Once again thank you for your input! I knew my talismen placement wasnt optimal but its good to know it wasnt deplorable either. Are there any toons you would recommend over that core group? I really focused on my FotD Eddie mainly for his debuffs. Also are the blind/freeze sets worth it over just raw life/damage? The proc rate didnt seem all that high at first glance so I have kind of disregarded them for the time being. I suppose 35% isn't terrible though. I will certainly see what i have and tinker a bit!

OS
    Android
    I run blue soldier with freeze/blind. True they dont always proc, but plenty of times one or the other will, and they are really helpful. With a couple of shards and levelled up, he is a great character. I suppose paralysis would work instead of blind but it took me ages to get a set of them.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I run blue soldier with freeze/blind. True they dont always proc, but plenty of times one or the other will, and they are really helpful. With a couple of shards and levelled up, he is a great character. I suppose paralysis would work instead of blind but it took me ages to get a set of them.
    I getcha. Yeah i used a trooper earlier with a freezing set it seemed and it proc'd every time, lol. I may go with blind though since im overrun with them at the moment since ive been farming dogs of war exclusively. Id love to get him more shards they are just sooo slow to get the points for. I did manage to get my hellhound to 5* so that is exciting. Dunno if ill ever get those 3* blues though. Blue LoL is a bitch for me to clear even on lower levels.