When I started playing the game many months ago when it was released, I didn't really understand much about the strategy and even still today I learn more from reading this forum. In order for me to get the 3 skulls on all levels I had to rely heavily on my troopers and having some AGs at the ready made it so much easier. (Still don't have one of my own... but that's a different story)

My question is who to mark as "Your" trooper? I can pretty much auto-farm what I want and love it when my troopers are Eddies. Makes it so much easier since I can just take them along for the ride and my grinding team can just do the work and I don't have to remember or guess how much the trooper toon is built out. You win... I win... so trooper points all around. When I have to use a non-eddie I tend to have to step back a few levels in order to use them since I don't want a defeat while I farm.

With some of my troopers being new and some being veterans from day 1 I was just curious what you prefer to use as a trooper. With an Eddie, you can just move on as business as usual but with the allies you really don't know how it will effect your game. It's fun to try out a trooper of a toon that you are thinking of upgrading just to get a feel, but at the same time, you only need to do it once or twice to make the decision.

So what does everyone prefer? I see benefits on either side, but in the end the mob rules... :-)