Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Question what chars did you use to defeat the beast on madness difficulty?

well... I'm at that point in my game beast on madness!!

now, since CR Eddie's fury doesn't stop the beast from reviving like it used to (lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaeqLSHMf8 ), you acctually need a strong and reliable team to beat the level

so, question to all people who beat the level, what chars did you use to beat the beast? but it doesn't count if you revived!!

ps: also, feel free to check my team(eddie-8009), and recommend which chars I should use
    5* lvl100 toons:

MAGUS: Carriage Rider Eddie, Pharaoh Dog King, Speed Of Light Eddie, Grim Reaper Eddie (6x maxed out holy talismans!!!)
    ASSASSIN: Axis Soldier, Storm Eddie, Golden Son, Child of the Damned(6x maxed out assassin talismans!!!)
    WARRIOR: Troll, Golden Son, Child of the Damned (6x maxed out strength talismans!!!)
    GUNNER: Cheering Wickerdeer, Child of the Damned
    SENTINEL: Pharaoh Eddie

feel free to add me, I use all troopers every day
    \m/ Up the Irons!! \m/

OS
    iOS
    Tailgunner Eddie, Gunner CotD, and Prisoner.

Substituted Carriage Rider sometime in the third round, as Tailgunner starts to wear down, Beast casts Invincibility, and Carriage Rider steals it away while casting his nasty negative effects. Have done it several times and no need to revive.

I used to try with Pharaoh, but the Beast just steals his Invincibility so never worked real well for me. I would imagine if you had a Wicker Dog King you could just steal it back; may be a good sub for the Prisoner
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I used Soldier Eddie, a Sentinel Soulless Demon and a Pharaoh Sun Spirit to get through. Relied on Soldier's fury to deal out damage and buff my team up, whilst the soulless demon just hit as hard as he could. My Sun Spirit's Rise ability kept my team looking healthy after The Beast started bringing out the big guns. Took me a couple of attempts (and a bit of luck) before I was able to do it without the need for a revival!
    Bobo-5710 (HIATUS)

Current champion: Coalgiver Eddie, lv 100
    -4 5* Strength Talisman (Fierce), 2 2* Health Talisman (Overwhelming)

OS
    iOS
    I cant quite remember the 1st team to beat him, but Im pretty sure it was:

Soldier Eddie
    SoL Eddie (for the heal & extend beneficial effects)
    Assassin Golden Son (For immortality & the crazy damage)
    PSS? This one not so sure about, but he was a big thing for me in the early days. Could also have been the Blue Allied Soldier too.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Definitely used CR Eddie's fury to deal with the beast the first time through, but since then I haven't been able to survive w/o reviving, even with my CR Eddie, AoF & Assassin Golden Son.

I had a great idea, but it didn't pan out. I wanted to use CR's "ghost" right away, hoping the Beast would steal the beneficial effect, then die permanently in 3 or 4 turns. Unfortunately, he didn't steal it until he was in his final form & almost dead (fortunately CR's fury got rid of it - and for the first time I ended up winning without reviving). Do his skills change when he resurrects? Or is Ghost not considered beneficial?

Has anyone tried using a fury/power stealing toon/ability to keep him from gaining invincibility or silencing your team?
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    Soldier Eddie + Pharao Eddie
    Angel of Fear
    Assassin Golden Son

OS
    iOS
    No continues needed, 1 switch to alternate Eddie:

Soldier Eddie 5 star level 100, maxed skills, 2 fierce burning, 3 fierce strength, 1 boost will
    Allied Bomber Boy 5 star sentinel level 100, maxed skills, 6 overwhelming health talis
    Allied Soldier 5 star magus level 100, maxed skills, 6 overwhelming blind talis

Alternate Eddies were a maxed out Grim Reaper trooper (use alternate powers to your team esp because final cycles powers) and a Run to the Hills Eddie that I didn't use.

Always run a trooper whenever possible and buy skill shards with the points. After you max out a team of 4 to farm the dungeons and power up talismans you can then waste them on special events trying to get cool new stuff like Storm or Viking Eddie that would still need weeks to get up to madness level.

I'd do it slightly different from scratch since the fierce & overwhelming nerfs a couple of updates ago (I now run 2 boost wills on Soldier Eddie, 3 power freezes on the Allied Soldier & will tweak more as I power up new talis because even the wrong 5 star tali is almost always better than the right 4 star tali) and I actually wanted a Rocket Dog but didn't get one until after maxing out my Bomber Boy but for me the key is damage all beats damage 1 when facing multiple foes over time. Doing 4K x 4 enemies every round beats doing 12K to 1 enemy each round on the higher levels where you face 4 foes instead of 3.

My play style is to save magic points for the Allied Soldier reflect shield if I'm not sure I can kill them all in 1 round but only cast it every other round because it lasts 2 rounds. For example red Dungeon level X you cast it first because the maxed warriors have retaliate out of turn and can kill your guys before you even get a chance for them to all attack but against other color Dungeons you save it for last and estimate if you can finish them off quicker with a damage all instead of a reflect shield.

This team can farm Madness battle 1 on auto every day to max out trooper points but needs manual control for madness secret levels on battlefield & underworld because it doesn't use the shield effectively. The AI squanders magic points on power ups, etc instead of the reflect shield.
    Last edited by ErikInVegas; 12-14-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Erik-0726 1/50 avail 5* Allied Bomber Boy all skills maxed

OS
    iOS
    Back in the day I didn't have a CR, but I had an assassin undead axis soldier, and I went through hell on earth leveling him (one of my first three 5* chars) for his steal, which did the same trick as CR. The other would have been magus allied soldier, and I didn't have any rare eddies either...just worked off soldier and holy smoke.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Samurai Eddie with Magus Allied Soldier and Corrupt General. Both equipped with freeze talismans. As well as other 4-5 star talismans.
    Dallas-6897
    Champion - Samurai Eddie

OS
    iOS
    On the new account (today) I went with Rocket Dog (Lev. 88) WDQ (Lev. 74) Tailgunner (Lev. 85) and Pharoah (Lev. 100).

I died at assassin stage which allowed me to revive and defeat him with 100% health and achieve all 3 skulls in one go.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!