OS
    iOS

Basic attack "Melt"

So I recently picked up an assassin pyro soldier and have been levelling him up with my carriage rider who is equipped with freezing talismans.

Now, the pyro's basic attack "Melt" states: "deals magic damage to a single target. Consumes burn effects on perfect attacks. The consume effect deals true damage and removes the effect."

After farming game of death a few times I noticed the following: when carriage rider freezes an enemy and the pyro solider then uses melt on that same target, it deals true damage and consumes the freeze effect, removing it completely.

I tested this a few times and it happens every time, even when there were no burn effects present.

*post has been clarified, see below*
    Last edited by Hypnos; 12-10-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    Freeze must be short for freezer burn.
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time

OS
    Android
    I noticed the same thing happen when a Trooper's corrupt General that has freeze with the gunner bomber boy and storm eddie. If you look closer on the freeze set icon while equipped, it says it freezes and inflicts magic burns for 2(I think?) turns. I guess that's the trade-off of consuming the burns for extra damage.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    I noticed the same thing happen when a Trooper's corrupt General that has freeze with the gunner bomber boy and storm eddie. If you look closer on the freeze set icon while equipped, it says it freezes and inflicts magic burns for 2(I think?) turns. I guess that's the trade-off of consuming the burns for extra damage.
    Indeed, the freeze effect includes a magic burn effect so it actually makes sense that the freeze effect is consumed.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Hmm, you're right! I never noticed that before, thanks for clarifying.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Hmm, you're right! I never noticed that before, thanks for clarifying.
    This also happens with shock, which is not a usual burn... And both freeze and shock can be consumed with CG's fury also