Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Is the red troll too overpowered for PvP?

Instead of derailing another thread, let's have this discussion here. I'm really worried that the red troll is going to cause serious problems with pvp. I know it can be countered with the prisoner or blue bat / death dog, but that's three seriously rare characters.

Passive shield, + high true damage basic attack is just too much in my opinion. Maybe if the true damage attack was a power move, it wouldn't be so bad. I guess the only common counter is to bring a group shield of your own, like the blue allied soldier?

Thoughts?
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Why worry about a good character ??
    No, let's think about thed things that we don't like, buying souls with ironite for example.
    I don't do that anymore because we have no chance to get a single rare soul we don't have already.

OS
    Android
    Blue Bat, Prisoner, Death Dog... That's how you counter him.

But he is very very good and I am happy to have him as number 1 farm toon with full maxed skill shards

OS
    Android
    So there's two smart alec answers from two people, one of which admitted to having the troll. Lets compare the troll to the Alliance General, who recently got the nerf bat. Both have a usefull passive, both have ok buff power moves. Yet the troll has a good damage area attack, while the green general has a single target attack. The writing is on the wall, folks.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I think the key is that he at least can be countered. Plus he's a rare character (arguably more rare than the blue bat etc).

In the end there are many really great chars and warrior troll is right up amongst the best for sure. But rarity and the fact there is a counter will hopefully be enough. In the end, it will probably depend on how PvP is setup (eg one char turn each, or one team) whether this troll is overpowered.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmar View Post
    Why worry about a good character ??
    No, let's think about thed things that we don't like, buying souls with ironite for example.
    I don't do that anymore because we have no chance to get a single rare soul we don't have already.
    Precisely.

this is an obnoxious thread. It is very old playing into the hands of the nerf bat woes. Worry about how to defeat the characters not spotlight ones to introduce for neutering. And how would we even know regarding such when we have no clue how the mechanics of PVP even works,?
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    I'm more worried about the game even making it to pvp. And if it does, what new bugs are going to pop up with it.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    I'm more worried about all the worrying
    Nicko-0517

Our internal playtesting has shown that he's solid, and definitely an asset to have on a defending team, but definitely not overpowered. If anything, Warrior Troll is great at ensuring the opposing team doesn't try to burst your team down right away, which can be helpful to ensure other teammates can do something meaningful to give you momentum. There's also the option to use characters that can remove beneficial effects... even if that means you're only removing one shield from so you can focus a character down on that critical first turn.

You'll be able to find out for yourselves soon guys, don't you worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    You'll be able to find out for yourselves soon guys, don't you worry!
    This is very good to hear! 😁