OMG, This! It worries me....
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Our internal playtesting has shown that he's solid, and definitely an asset to have on a defending team, but definitely not overpowered. If anything, Warrior Troll is great at ensuring the opposing team doesn't try to burst your team down right away, which can be helpful to ensure other teammates can do something meaningful to give you momentum. There's also the option to use characters that can remove beneficial effects... even if that means you're only removing one shield from so you can focus a character down on that critical first turn.

You'll be able to find out for yourselves soon guys, don't you worry!
    So your internal testing showed that the Alliance General, who is a rare native 5* with a single target attack, was more overpowered than the troll? Come on now. The only thing overpowered was the fact that the buff was bugged and was giving a 100 percent chance at crits. The original percentage was fine.

And by the way, energy still isn't getting removed from the enemy team on any of these energy stealing skills or the talisman set.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    So your internal testing showed that the Alliance General, who is a rare native 5* with a single target attack, was more overpowered than the troll? Come on now. The only thing overpowered was the fact that the buff was bugged and was giving a 100 percent chance at crits. The original percentage was fine.
    Alliance General doesn't fit the same niche as the troll, but he's still arguably much stronger, yes.

• His energy-stealing basic is insane, especially if you pop more energy talismans on him (and why not?)
    • His power ability's Critical Strike is valuable for attackers of all damage types, which is more flexible than just Attack Up or Magic Up, and also stacks with Attack Up and Magic Up
    • Perfect Hit is incredibly valuable to effectively increase odds of talisman augment procs, especially when taunted (suddenly, taunting a Carriage Rider Eddie with freeze talismans is a liability)
    • Lifesteal is beastly on a physical-focused team, especially when he's increasing the average damage of his team with Critical Strike and Perfect Hit (not to mention the first turn Attack Up he's providing)

He doesn't guarantee 200% damage any more, but he's still a crazy enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    And by the way, energy still isn't getting removed from the enemy team on any of these energy stealing skills or the talisman set.
    It's still in our system as a bug to fix, we just have been focusing more on general PVP stability and functionality and higher profile combat bugs first. Unless something massive comes up with the next update we release, it's among the list of bugs we want to fix next.

OS
    Android
    /end thread.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I reckon PVP is going to be a complete change of philosophy. In the current PVE game the emphasis is on bursting down waves in one turn, or two if you are unlucky with the crits. I want to see defences become more relevant in PVP (else it will just be about how much health can you stack) and I think the challenge for Nodding Frog will be figuring out how to stop a first round alpha strike from being decisive. If our friendly neighbourhood troll can help mitigate that then great. There are other active options -void talismans with an accuracy boost, reflect shield for example- but the passive shields from the troll got me a long way through the campaign back when he was single target damage and reflect bugs were a big thing.

OS
    Android
    I have two Angel of Pains and only one Warrior Troll, so from my point of view the Troll is harder to get Taking affinity into account as well, the Angel of Pain is the perfect counter to the troll.

Honestly, this doesn't feel like something to worry too much about...
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Will be interesting to see if we can run teams with multiples of the same character.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib-7367 View Post
    Will be interesting to see if we can run teams with multiples of the same character.
    You can, lots of guys running pairs of blue allied soldier with Grim reaper. I was sad about the general nerd for sure as he's Max with Max talismans and skills and goes great with my red team, but I'll live (he was completely overbearing and dominating before).
    Most people have a troll for defence and he's not terrible to deal with even without removing beneficial effects. He hits hard, but that's what stun is for
    Character balancing seems decent in PvP thus far, but there are way too many character bugs and talismans bugs to list that have carried over from the main game and plenty of characters that need skill reworks like samurai and tail gunner before this should be released (or there will be lots of bonus whining to go with the standard whining, and rightfully so). Haven't seen a completely overpowered brick wall of defence yet, but I'm sure we will soon enough.
    Quite a few low level players have knocked down my grim reaper, troll, allied soldier, and purple golden son defence team so far. I feel like it's going to come down to average defence wins and if you can maintain any number better than 50%, you're gold.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    Most people have a troll for defence
    Except those of us who get endless FOTD Eddies but no Troll

This guy is more elusive than the Yeti...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Except those of us who get endless FOTD Eddies but no Troll

This guy is more elusive than the Yeti...
    Pro tip: the best defensive team I faced had a couple of bomber boys, axis commander, and mummy Eddie....
    Try and guess the talisman loadout.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.