Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Hi Icarus - thanks for the props!

I was one of the first to get Viking Eddie and have tried lots of combos.

The one I like best and recommend is three Purple (Assassin Barrier) and three Green (Ward)

This is more of a damage build than a tank build, but he seems to do fine with it. Those Mystical Talismans you're using will give him some added DEF, but reduce his damage output. I don't use Mystical on characters where damage is a big part of their role - which I would argue it is with Viking. I only use them in support characters like Visions Eddie - where damage is less of a concern and he's there more for support - like removing effects and cleansing.

He's True Damage but also scales nicely with MR, hence the Barrier and Ward recommendations. It DOES make him more vulnerable to physical attacks however - so swapping out a Barrier for a Shield and a Ward for an Overwhelming would give him a little more DEF with only a small drop in his damage output. You could also tank him up a bit by replacing one of the three Purple with a green, though you'd lose the bonus from the three Assassin Talismans.

As always it's a balance between health and damage output. I tend to always lean towards damage output because it's the most fun for me (I've sharded almost every Gunner and Assassin Eddie I have) but look at his role on your team and see what makes the most sense for you.

Good luck and feel free to post any questions!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Hi Icarus - thanks for the props!

I was one of the first to get Viking Eddie and have tried lots of combos.

The one I like best and recommend is three Purple (Assassin Barrier) and three Green (Ward)

This is more of a damage build than a tank build, but he seems to do fine with it. Those Mystical Talismans you're using will give him some added DEF, but reduce his damage output. I don't use Mystical on characters where damage is a big part of their role - which I would argue it is with Viking. I only use them in support characters like Visions Eddie - where damage is less of a concern and he's there more for support - like removing effects and cleansing.

He's True Damage but also scales nicely with MR, hence the Barrier and Ward recommendations. It DOES make him more vulnerable to physical attacks however - so swapping out a Barrier for a Shield and a Ward for an Overwhelming would give him a little more DEF with only a small drop in his damage output. You could also tank him up a bit by replacing one of the three Purple with a green, though you'd lose the bonus from the three Assassin Talismans.

As always it's a balance between health and damage output. I tend to always lean towards damage output because it's the most fun for me (I've sharded almost every Gunner and Assassin Eddie I have) but look at his role on your team and see what makes the most sense for you.

Good luck and feel free to post any questions!
    Great! there is a very good stuff right here, im going to try that balanced DMG/DEF set and then i'll see what fits better for me.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to make this answer.
    _______________________________Icarus-6959
    __________________________ Beast Eddie (MAXED)
    _____________I left the game [Feel free to remove me as a trooper]

________________________Don't you think I'm a savior?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save you?
    ________________________Don't you think I could save your life?..._______...(repeat 666 times)

The Magic Resist Charge skill on this guy could be intriguing if we had the characters to take advantage of it. The only other character I could find that has an attack that scales with MR is the Sentinel Hourglass, a character I would only put in my defense on April Fools Day. Perhaps there are others, or perhaps there are plans to add more characters with attacks like this, but as of now it's a Viking-buff only, not something that other characters can take advantage of.

OS
    Android
    July 2017 Tuning:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6365

AI:
    Reduced chances of Call to Arms being used by the AI.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Just got mine today, I plan on sticking him in my PVP defence as soon as he's ready to go.

Plan on setting him up similar to Nicko: 3 green wards and 3 purple barrier but I was planning to use Voids instead of Assassin. Figured that having more of a defensive edge is a reasonable trade-off for less damage output. Anyone have any other thoughts?
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Trooper ID: Sam-9072

I play every day and I try to use all my troopers*

*Bar the occasional error.

OS
    iOS
    Question on loot - says it steals a beneficial effect but gives no % so I assume that means guaranteed to steal?
    If so mine is broken because he only steals an effect maybe 60% of the time.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    Question on loot - says it steals a beneficial effect but gives no % so I assume that means guaranteed to steal?
    If so mine is broken because he only steals an effect maybe 60% of the time.
    Yep! should be 100% steal 1 effect from the enemy.. BUT sometimes if the enemy has immunity or titan shield on cannot steal ---> it s a known bug reported many times and never totally fixed
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    Yep! should be 100% steal 1 effect from the enemy.. BUT sometimes if the enemy has immunity or titan shield on cannot steal ---> it s a known bug reported many times and never totally fixed
    Ah - good to know, just got him so was not aware. I will avoid using loot on toons with those buffs.

Thanks

OS
    iOS
    What is the status on loot fix? I am really liking Viking but frustrated that he is only stealing a beneficial effect around 50% of the time. Immunity or not on target it is hit or miss.

Also - my own toons sometimes gets frozen at the end of the blizzard shield triggered by his fury. Almost cost me a few matches. This must be addressed.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezz View Post
    my own toons sometimes gets frozen at the end of the blizzard shield triggered by his fury. Almost cost me a few matches. This must be addressed.
    Do you know the specific circumstances where you are running into the Blizzard shield freezing your own team? I will pass this information along to our QA department for investigation. Viking Eddie's loot not working 100% is also currently being investigated.

-Kaz