Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Does anyone know what art he's based off, if at all? AFAIK the song Invaders never had a single
    It'll be based off any of the numerous event shirts Maiden have done for the Scandinavian and Nordic shows.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post

Does anyone know what art he's based off, if at all? AFAIK the song Invaders never had a single
    Kardas

Check this name Hervé Monjeaud in google - the guy is a French artist who did A LOT of Maiden stuff recently - both official and unofficial ones...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    I just made him my Trooper Champion so my Troopers can test him out.

Meh.

A weak-hitting Viking; more Hagar the Horrible than Thor. I think Pharaoh is a much more useful Sentinel Eddie, though I just picked this guy up so I'll have to put him through the ringer a bit to really feel out his abilities. Certainly Loot is handy. Will be curious to see what my Troopers think as they play him over the next few days.

Seeing as he does True Damage and has three green slots, I put three green and three purple talismans on him. Because his basic attack scales with MR, Ward and Barrier would have been ideal, but I have him loaded now with only one Ward and one Barrier - the rest are Overwhelming and Shield since that's what I had around. May give him a little boost as I level the proper Talismans

Still cool to try a new Eddie. Occasionally a new one comes along, like Storm, that proves pretty useful
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-15-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    I sent you a Trooper request a bit ago as you were the only reccomend Trooper with one. Any space left? Cheers either way.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by 90mphyorker View Post
    I sent you a Trooper request a bit ago as you were the only reccomend Trooper with one. Any space left? Cheers either way.
    It suggests people with full rosters as Troopers; I had writtten in the suggestion area that that should be changed because it looks like you're being ignored.

I'm full and have just received a number of Trooper requests, I'm sure because of the above post. I have a couple Troopers at six days, so if they go to seven I'll clear them and add new Troopers
    Nicko-0517

I'm glad that you are my trooper,since i couldn't find anyone else with this character after 1000x refreshing the suggested troopers.

My first impression was "meh". now after trying him,it's still a "men", but he does surprisingly more damage than i expected. sad that his slots limit us to only use a 3+3 setup (probably purple+green,just like you did)

what puzzles me are 2 of his skills: the "remove negative effects for 2 turns"...so if i get debuffed for 3 turns,will the debuff return for the last turn? and why?

second is Mr charge. what exactly are the devs expecting us to do with that? it's trying a bit too much to state: "Look i'm a MR based character!"...sadly the only one (tbh let's hope the last one as well)
    So let's imagine how this is put into praxis: He casts that-some ally casts MR UP!-viking does more damage...i know,that in Spartons' world battles take 10 turns and buffs and debuffs are crucial.in my world by that time you could have been long finished just spending those 3 turns hitting with some damage dealers/or the enemy does the same to you=defeat
    i just find it totally useless...

And let's hope that people won't go through the effort of maxing Ivory talismans because of him,because it will do nothing! i tested many such characters and the primary type of damage is always far superior to the "scales with bla bla". just don't do it people!

resultefinitely didn't make it into my wish list. Would prefer him being some all red slot warrior with a basic AOE skill...

OS
    iOS
    I'm updating this since I've had some time to work with him and...

I really like him.

Sentinels are generally support/tank characters, and yes he's hard to take down, but he's been proving pretty useful in PvP and I'm using him quite a bit.

His single hit basic does pretty solid damage. He has a low cost (3) AoE attack that isn't killer on damage, but has a 35% chance to stun or taunt. It's saved my butt a couple times. He heals well as its based on his total, not current, hit points. And that same heal? Also extends negative effects so if you're opponent is frozen or stunned before VE does his healing? Good luck. I've already talked about Loot which steals a beneficial effect - perfect when you want to smash someone behind a reflect shield or a green angel with pesky invincibility. His fury provides a very capable Blizzard shield to the whole party, and I never tire of hearing that Viking horn when it's triggered!

Pharaoh Eddie can revive dead party members and his Fury provides Invincibility, so he's probably a better overall support character, but Vikings ability to stun/taunt, a lower cost heal that extends negative effects, and an AoE Fury (Pharaohs is not AoE) with a stilll solid defensive shield are making him my go-to Sentinel Eddie. FOTD has some real nastiness, including extending negative effects, but that comes at an extra power point and he only heals with his Fury

May start putting some skill shards into him to add some weight behind his hits. 14 skill shards gets him fully leveled, but even a few will help augment his already solid skill set. All his levelable skills are useful (no Acrid Smoke)

Please ignore my first impressions a few posts up
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-21-2016 at 04:24 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    what puzzles me are 2 of his skills: the "remove negative effects for 2 turns"...so if i get debuffed for 3 turns,will the debuff return for the last turn? and why?
    Don't have him, but I think it means it removes negative effects currently on him, and prevents them for another turn. So a 3-turn debuff would be permanently canceled. (could be wrong here)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    And let's hope that people won't go through the effort of maxing Ivory talismans because of him,because it will do nothing! i tested many such characters and the primary type of damage is always far superior to the "scales with bla bla". just don't do it people!
    I found this to be true for Iron. Problem is that it seems if attack scales with ATK & DEF, it sums the two numbers. Which means the ATK boost based on 20% of defense (Guardian) is almost always better than the 15% DEF boost on it's own (Iron). Unless you really need the DEF on its own, but I've found that to be rare. Same would be true of Paladin vs Ivory.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    Don't have him, but I think it means it removes negative effects currently on him, and prevents them for another turn. So a 3-turn debuff would be permanently canceled. (could be wrong here)

I found this to be true for Iron. Problem is that it seems if attack scales with ATK & DEF, it sums the two numbers. Which means the ATK boost based on 20% of defense (Guardian) is almost always better than the 15% DEF boost on it's own (Iron). Unless you really need the DEF on its own, but I've found that to be rare. Same would be true of Paladin vs Ivory.
    Haven't had to use Call to Arms yet which is the skill in question; always seems to be a better option. If it gave immunity to the whole party instead of MR that would be killer, but as-is always choosing something else

I've tested different talisman combos and three green (mandatory) and three purple seem to be the optimum. You could certainly use all green if you want to maximize his tank capabilities at the expense of some damage.

Anyone else here have one of these yet?
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-19-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I want him SO BAD!
    Add me: Moonchild-9889