Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    This guy really DOES scale to MR. Surprisingly so. I removed two maxed Green Overwhelming talismans - substituted with 2 Mystical (no increase in ATK or Magic so I've always ignored them) at level 38 - and his damage INCREASED.

So I'm thinking that means his HP, both his DEF and his MR, and his damage can be maxed with a bunch of Mystical talismans. The kind I've always deleted . Which will also make him a defensive beast

I have three purple talismans on him now which provide the MR but not as many hit points

I wish Green power-up runes weren't so frickin' hard to come by. I'd like to test my theory, and leveling all those Mystical Talismans will take forever. I know there aren't a lot of Viking Eddies out there, but for those who have him please post what's working best for you...
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-21-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Experimented more. Replaced a fully maxed Purple with no MR (Shield) with a 44 level Mystical (Green). Big damage drop.

Also replaced a Shield with a Barrier and damage increased

So - at this point - looks like 3 Green (Mystical) and 3 Purple (Barrier) best combo for damage
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    This guy really DOES scale to MR. Surprisingly so. I removed two maxed Green Overwhelming talismans - substituted with 2 Mystical (no increase in ATK or Magic so I've always ignored them) at level 38 - and his damage INCREASED.

So I'm thinking that means his HP, both his DEF and his MR, and his damage can be maxed with a bunch of Mystical talismans. The kind I've always deleted . Which will also make him a defensive beast
    Have you tied Mystical vs Ward? Ward give the same MR boost as Mystical but also has MAG, so in theory it should be best (unless you really need the DEF, too)

With true damage scaling with MR, I usually try to maximize the sum of ATK+MAG+MR. But if MR has a multiplier that would certainly change the calculus (or algebra, as it were).
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    Have you tied Mystical vs Ward? Ward give the same MR boost as Mystical but also has MAG, so in theory it should be best (unless you really need the DEF, too)

With true damage scaling with MR, I usually try to maximize the sum of ATK+MAG+MR. But if MR has a multiplier that would certainly change the calculus (or algebra, as it were).
    Great point and need to do more testing. Have been swapping out one Talisman and as a rule this is the case, but for some targets it's not. Sentinels are also vulnerable to Warriors, so the defense of Mystical would be handy for sure. Will likely do more testing later swapping all three green Talismans and seeing how big the difference really is.

Update: As I stack them Wards are performing better than Mystical, which makes sense.

Ward and Barrier it is!
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-21-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Not sure what's worse; the fact that I can't pull one, that you're the only person in the multiverse who has one as their champ, or that you'll forever be full of troopers, thus negating my chance of ever playing him.

Ah well.

OS
    Android
    I was reorganizing my Talismans and I came across a set that would be very useful for the Viking: Crystal Talismans. They increase MR by 1% of your HP. I can't remember where I got them, but I think it was in Ailing Kingdom before the Talismans were overhauled in October. I think they would be incredibly useful for the Viking when they pop up again.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Heavy New Year!

Today morning I got the Viking Eddie from a xmas soul .

Total shit, that some talisman are broken and useless...or not?

The crystal talismans will return in future update: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post22890

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    Heavy New Year!

Today morning I got the Viking Eddie from a xmas soul .

Total shit, that some talisman are broken and useless...or not?

The crystal talismans will return in future update: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post22890
    Congrats! Just finished maxing the skillshards on mine. Only takes 14 so not bad for an Eddie. Takes a while to get the hang of him, but after a very lukewarm initial impression he's one of my go-to Eddies in PvP.

There are definitely better Eddies for farming

Who knows if they'll ever reintroduce those Talismans. In the meantime I'm using Ward (Green) and Barrier (purple)

Have fun and post your impressions!
    Last edited by Nicko; 01-01-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Pulled mine just this morning from xmas souls. Checking his skills I was wondering to put him 3 freezing and 3 energy but I ll follow suggested strategy nicko did. Cheers!

OS
    Android
    Interesting post you've done guys (sorry about my english). I would like to revive this post with my comment.

(skip this) I got mine today, i really wanted to get a viking and since i'll get legendary soul in 3 days of the event i pulled out sentinel souls today.

I been looking for a good set and since Nicko is here (this guy is awesome, im a fan of him since i start 3 months ago), i thought it could be very good if he shares his experience with his Viking eddie.

My first idea was 2 Crystal (Mystical), 2 Stone (Mystical) and 2 Ivory (Arcane and Power), because im looking for a build that makes him an hybrid between tank and atacker (for magus type).

So you guys think that it could be better with Assassins talisman or full Sentinel talismans?, i don't want to max out all of my actual talismans since i haven't much resources right now.

Thanks for your ideas, i would like to have my viking as an Atacker with good amount of hp for his healing ability.