Quote Originally Posted by ritchbe View Post
As for the Free talisman goes, coming down from 35% to 12% and finally to 12% per enemy they've truly nerfed the talisman set. Although there is a good side to this, maybe to increment the chance upwards a bit.

Let's look at this coming down from 35% to Freeze all, which is 1 in 3 times.

Now, since there is a 12% chance to Freeze a single enemy, it means to Freeze all of them we have (12%)^4 or 0.021% or 1 in 4823 times; this is significant nerf for Freeze to all.

The good side is that now there is a chance of 4 times (12%) times (88%)^3 or 32.7% to Freeze a single enemy.

Other positive chances are: 6.7% to Freeze 2 enemies and 0.61% to Freeze three of them.

The chance to Freeze none is 59.7%, which translates into 40% of freezing at least one enemy (mostly one) and that is also a good thing.

Incrementing the chance to 20% would give us these chances per enemies: ( none | 1 | 2 | 3 | all ) = ( 40.96% | 40.96% | 15.36% | 2.56% | 0.16% ) or around 60% to freeze at least one enemy.

Returning them back to 35% would give us this: ( none | 1 | 2 | 3 | all ) = ( 17.85% | 38.5% | 31.1% | 11.15% | 1.5% ) or more than 80% to freeze at least one (almost evenly distributed between one and two frozen enemies).

I am not sure how they calculate these chances and I would appreciate if some1 from D's would explain it officialy.

On a side note, Energy talisman set indeed did a +2 per enemy whilst now you get +1 and animation seems to be misdirected to allies rather than enemies (+1 shows on allies, not the enemies)
Pow. Thanks for the breakdown, homes! So what talisman set do I max out now? Don't answer that last question, D's nutz iz watchin'👀