Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    PVP needs to be available for everyone and people will understand and stop being so pissed...
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS

Depressed, Violated and Angered

Okay so maybe a little exaggerated on the title, but I will explain. I'm a daily player since July, after the big changes were made. So I never got a good batch of 5* characters to start with. I currently have 26 5* characters all mostly maxed, except the ones I want to learn how to play with, I've got over 100 5* talismans, and 88 Achievements. Been an end player for some time. I also typically don't pay for mobile games, but this has been the rare instance. I "donated" over $100+ and used it for rare souls, ...you all now how that went for me, but I took it as a donation.

Vision of the Game - I always envisioned some type of tiering system for characters. 1) Top Tier top characters, 2) Mid Tier roll player, good characters, and 3) Bottom Tier common characters (common soul stuff). Some of the common soul characters were mid tier, maybe even high mid tier like the PSS and Blue Allied Soldier. This at least gave you an opportunity to finish the game without needing a 5*.

Part of the draw of the game for me to play MORE is to try and get those rarer top tier characters. The Corrupt General being one of them. I don't have the Nomad, I don't have any of the top Eddies, but I was lucky to get the CG. These top tier characters are more powerful, especially if we invest in talismans and skill shards, which take a lot of work. So you have to be very dedicated to eventually get these characters, and the rewards are power, exceptional capabilities, etc; other then massive dedication, you could BUY your way to get these characters, which is fine in this freemium world we live in. That was the draw for me to play daily, to get these rare top notch characters which delivered differentiated capabilities. I really don't care about PVP.

Initially when PVP was announced, the developers talked about enhancing some of the skills of the bottom tier characters to make them more used. That was fine by me. Part of what we do as an AVID, passionate community about this game in to find the best characters and competitive advantages to maximize the characters and the damage/impact they can have. The vastness of this game provides lots of opportunities for that. Having 50 troopers with different characters also lends itself to determine and comparing capabilities. Undesired exploits of the game should be patched, and you are doing that.

We as a community naturally are going to play characters that deliver the most consistent damage advantage in the dungeons, etc. We all loved Soldier Eddie, he got NERFed. We all loved Blue Allied Soldier, he got NERFed. We gravitated because we saw they had differentiated capabilities that we sought after.

Back to my Depression, being Violated and Anger. I love this game. After the last update I'm seeing an unfortunate trend.

I was Angered after the last update because of the months of work I had put into getting Assassin Golden Son, and Corrupt General and meticulously strategizing the skills allocation only to have them NERFed. Countless people have expressed this.

I felt Violated because I felt like someone took something away from me that I owned/earned. Best way to describe it. Like someone stole something from me. Can you believe that? But I did. We are passionate about this game, and the every once in a while the RNG lands on our side.

Lastly, I felt depressed, and this might be the biggest concern for me, as this is seeming to become a trend that will be never ending. The NERFing of characters as we as a community shift to the "best at the time" available character, which will then become the next inevitably NERF. This neutering trend is one that will suck the compelling reason for me to spend time to try and get that great character as it won't matter. Why analyze skill shard placement as it really won't matter.

I waited a couple of days to put this together to ensure I wasn't knee jerk reacting, but still feel the same way if not more so. I suddenly have a bad feeling about where the developers are taking us and this NERFing trend. Even as an end gamer, I was still enjoying the different combo of talisman/characters and trying them out, but my motivation has dropped significantly since the last update.

It just hurts so much to get invested in these characters like many of us do spending our time, our money and thought through skill shards and talismans to have it taken away. This feeling I have is a bad feeling that if it continues will at least take MY love of the game away.

Frankly I have the CG, and I used him periodically but didn't use him all the time, I had other characters I was enjoying and Riding, which is frankly what scares me. Are my beloved characters next on the NERFing block.

I hope the developers take this feedback serious, and really consider the implications of neutering the top characters like they are doing as for me I feel Depressed, Angered and Violated.

My 2 Cents.

Canyptian-2758

OS
    Android
    hey sparton,

when i restarted the game a popup appears, which said that i'm among the chosen ones and can try pvp. i could go into the arena for 30 minutes, set up the defence and play some rounds. but after i claimed some daily rewards i was locked out again. the arena symbol is greyed out now, even if the symbol implicated that i can take revenge...

Name:  2016-12-15 02_56_18-Andy 46.14.616.png
Views: 251
Size:  12.6 KB

i'm from germany and i'm using andy as emulator on PC. didn't use VPN at all, so maybe it was a temporary possibility to play the arena?
    seems very strange to me, maybe this information helps someone.

would be very glad to play it again, and i agree with kaijester if everyone could play, the nerfs wouldn't be such a problem anymore for
    the most people. the changes would make more sense for them.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Same here, I was able to participate for a while and locked out from Arena now like it never happened.
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    PVP needs to be available for everyone and people will understand and stop being so pissed...
    I have not been able to experience this yet and even at present, this is beta testing, but I am quite certain that whatever the experience/final product may be, that the nerfing was unnecessary, and certainly so at this level. It would have been easier for everybody to have barred certain rare characters from standard PVP (if only temporarily while a legendary/any thing goes league was developed).If I am correct, we would have had no time wasted on scaling back characters and combatting new bugs, the product would have arrived faster, and nobody would have been taken advantage of. I will know in a few days/weeks for certain, but unless you have something convincing to relay contrary to this from your experience, I fully expect this to be the liklihood.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

On the subject of the most recent tuning update, while I'm not directly quoting and responding to everyone's criticisms (most recently by CanyptianFit, FlyingV, Witkacy, mikmar, and Nicko, but also others earlier in the thread), myself and many others on the team have read them and respect and recognize your concerns.

Overall, me and Kaz will work more to have the community be part of the loop with regards to nerfs, and to open more of a discussion to better involve the community (and to avoid doing further nerfs unless it's more plainly obvious and agreeable that there is a distinct problem). Personally, even I am a bit uncomfortable with the amount of character changes we have had going through, but while Kaz and I will still probably want to do periodic buffs where we feel it works best, I will make sure we are much more cautious with other kinds of changes that aren't just straight bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    hey sparton, [...] was a temporary possibility to play the arena?
    seems very strange to me, maybe this information helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    Same here, I was able to participate for a while and locked out from Arena now like it never happened.
    Part of the additional rollout to allow more players to beta test PVP was temporarily reversed, but based on my correspondence with the team, it sounds like that should be re-enabled. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    [...] would be very glad to play it again, and i agree with kaijester if everyone could play, the nerfs wouldn't be such a problem anymore for
    the most people. the changes would make more sense for them.
    Yeah, I really wish we could roll this out to more players, but right now we're needing to keep it very constrained while we make sure the feature can scale well.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    Okay so maybe a little exaggerated on the title, but I will explain. I'm a daily player since July, after the big changes were made. So I never got a good batch of 5* characters to start with. I currently have 26 5* characters all mostly maxed, except the ones I want to learn how to play with, I've got over 100 5* talismans, and 88 Achievements. Been an end player for some time. I also typically don't pay for mobile games, but this has been the rare instance. I "donated" over $100+ and used it for rare souls, ...you all now how that went for me, but I took it as a donation.

Vision of the Game - I always envisioned some type of tiering system for characters. 1) Top Tier top characters, 2) Mid Tier roll player, good characters, and 3) Bottom Tier common characters (common soul stuff). Some of the common soul characters were mid tier, maybe even high mid tier like the PSS and Blue Allied Soldier. This at least gave you an opportunity to finish the game without needing a 5*.

Part of the draw of the game for me to play MORE is to try and get those rarer top tier characters. The Corrupt General being one of them. I don't have the Nomad, I don't have any of the top Eddies, but I was lucky to get the CG. These top tier characters are more powerful, especially if we invest in talismans and skill shards, which take a lot of work. So you have to be very dedicated to eventually get these characters, and the rewards are power, exceptional capabilities, etc; other then massive dedication, you could BUY your way to get these characters, which is fine in this freemium world we live in. That was the draw for me to play daily, to get these rare top notch characters which delivered differentiated capabilities. I really don't care about PVP.

Initially when PVP was announced, the developers talked about enhancing some of the skills of the bottom tier characters to make them more used. That was fine by me. Part of what we do as an AVID, passionate community about this game in to find the best characters and competitive advantages to maximize the characters and the damage/impact they can have. The vastness of this game provides lots of opportunities for that. Having 50 troopers with different characters also lends itself to determine and comparing capabilities. Undesired exploits of the game should be patched, and you are doing that.

We as a community naturally are going to play characters that deliver the most consistent damage advantage in the dungeons, etc. We all loved Soldier Eddie, he got NERFed. We all loved Blue Allied Soldier, he got NERFed. We gravitated because we saw they had differentiated capabilities that we sought after.

Back to my Depression, being Violated and Anger. I love this game. After the last update I'm seeing an unfortunate trend.

I was Angered after the last update because of the months of work I had put into getting Assassin Golden Son, and Corrupt General and meticulously strategizing the skills allocation only to have them NERFed. Countless people have expressed this.

I felt Violated because I felt like someone took something away from me that I owned/earned. Best way to describe it. Like someone stole something from me. Can you believe that? But I did. We are passionate about this game, and the every once in a while the RNG lands on our side.

Lastly, I felt depressed, and this might be the biggest concern for me, as this is seeming to become a trend that will be never ending. The NERFing of characters as we as a community shift to the "best at the time" available character, which will then become the next inevitably NERF. This neutering trend is one that will suck the compelling reason for me to spend time to try and get that great character as it won't matter. Why analyze skill shard placement as it really won't matter.

I waited a couple of days to put this together to ensure I wasn't knee jerk reacting, but still feel the same way if not more so. I suddenly have a bad feeling about where the developers are taking us and this NERFing trend. Even as an end gamer, I was still enjoying the different combo of talisman/characters and trying them out, but my motivation has dropped significantly since the last update.

It just hurts so much to get invested in these characters like many of us do spending our time, our money and thought through skill shards and talismans to have it taken away. This feeling I have is a bad feeling that if it continues will at least take MY love of the game away.

Frankly I have the CG, and I used him periodically but didn't use him all the time, I had other characters I was enjoying and Riding, which is frankly what scares me. Are my beloved characters next on the NERFing block.

I hope the developers take this feedback serious, and really consider the implications of neutering the top characters like they are doing as for me I feel Depressed, Angered and Violated.

My 2 Cents.

Canyptian-2758
    This guy nailed it. I've been a daily player since the game was announced during the BoS Tour. The crashing was annoying to be sure but it is the nerfs that have killed it for me.

OS
    Android

Out of curiosity

What does MACLO mean to you guys?

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    An update rolled out sometime in the past 15 hours. Any notes on what fixes where in it?
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    An update rolled out sometime in the past 15 hours. Any notes on what fixes where in it?
    I was expecting a fix for the autoplay skillshard bug, but not.
    And i keep repeating myself, let us reset the skillshards from the chars so we can decide where to use them again. We deserve at least that.