Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    No one - including myself - likes nerfs. The Corrupt General was my first "Legendary" character and got me through the first run of the campaign, so he'll always be a favorite. It seemed crazy to make his basic attack so low.
    When I read that the defending team is controlled by AI and loosing with this team also matters - suddenly all the nerfing made a lot more sense. So in a way the developers could have spared themselves a lot of trouble explaining from the beginnen why it is necessary. Just saying "because of PvP" what really is no traditional PvP didn't make a lot of sense.

So the devs got a lot of shit for the lack of communication. I feel partly bad for it but how the hell could we know what their plan is. Also creating almost indefinite possibilities to fight other combinations of toons adds definitely to the game and I'm looking forward to it.

What seriously needs to be adressed is the QA before releasing an update.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    When I read that the defending team is controlled by AI and loosing with this team also matters - suddenly all the nerfing made a lot more sense. So in a way the developers could have spared themselves a lot of trouble explaining from the beginnen why it is necessary. Just saying "because of PvP" what really is no traditional PvP didn't make a lot of sense.

So the devs got a lot of shit for the lack of communication. I feel partly bad for it but how the hell could we know what their plan is. Also creating almost indefinite possibilities to fight other combinations of toons adds definitely to the game and I'm looking forward to it.

What seriously needs to be adressed is the QA before releasing an update.
    We have talked about it before, but my problem with it is/was twofold:

1. The bigger issue today has been that altering the characters introduces more bugs into the buggy system, which requires time away from fixing the old ones and delivering new content; and

2. There are/were tons of ways to deliver a fair and balanced PVP without nerfing as it was done, (such as restricting certain characters from PVP or from certain leagues within PVP, subjecting characters to a PVP-only nerf that scales back character stats while in PVP ONLY, etc.) and PVP is but a part of the game as a whole, so players were involuntarily subjected to having their characters "broken" throughout the game for a small part of the game that they might not even want to use much or at all. This just seemed to be the laziest distance between point A and B and the players were the ones who had to suffer for the perceived convenience.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Spent last night playing the arena beta - got an invitation so jumped right in.

Kaijester mentioned in the PvP thread that he wishes everyone could play the arena so they could appreciate some of the changes the development team was making. After spending several hours there - I have to agree.

No one - including myself - likes nerfs. The Corrupt General was my first "Legendary" character and got me through the first run of the campaign, so he'll always be a favorite. It seemed crazy to make his basic attack so low.

But after playing AGAINST a few of them in PvP - I get why. Same with Cyborg Eddies Beam.

Nicko

That's cool! I am happy for you that you enjoyed this... Though I DON'T GET IT AND I DON'T LIKE why devs wrongfully assured that everyone would like to take part in this whole PvP... Maybe I DON'T WANT TO? Nobody asked me though... So... if I wouldn't like and willing to participate then my characters went nerfed for nothing... See the point there? Like I already said I HATE when someone decides about something which may be attect me in some way behind my back, that's the problem and nothing and noone is gonna change that... And that's why I AM angry, not because of the nerfs itself...

Cheers,

W
    Last edited by Witkacy; 12-16-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Nicko

That's cool! I am happy for you that you enjoyed this... Though I DON'T GET IT AND I DON'T LIKE why devs wrongfully assured that everyone would like to take part in this whole PvP... Maybe I DON'T WANT TO? Nobody asked me though... So... if I wouldn't like and willing to participate then my characters went nerfed for nothing... See the point there? Like I already said I HATE when someone decides about something which may be attect me in some way behind my back, that's the problem and nothing and noone is gonna change that... And that's why I AM angry, not because of the nerfs itself...

Cheers,

W
    Totally understand your frustration - but you cut my quote where I said "Too bad their can't be a PvP and a Campaign version of each character". Flying V had some good suggestions above as well, though if certain characters were excluded from PvP all hell would break loose on these boards. But a PvP version? That would have been cool, though again - I think people would gripe that their character was nerfed too hard in the PvP version. No easy answer, but yes - understand the frustration cause you were perfectly satisfied just doing the campaign without PvP.

I'm not a hardcore gamer - more a hardcore music fan who started this game because I love Maiden and kind of just got obsessed with it! So I went into PvP thinking "meh". It was fun. I'd give it a chance.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    We have talked about it before, but my problem with it is/was twofold:

1. The bigger issue today has been that altering the characters introduces more bugs into the buggy system, which requires time away from fixing the old ones and delivering new content; and

2. There are/were tons of ways to deliver a fair and balanced PVP without nerfing as it was done, (such as restricting certain characters from PVP or from certain leagues within PVP, subjecting characters to a PVP-only nerf that scales back character stats while in PVP ONLY, etc.) and PVP is but a part of the game as a whole, so players were involuntarily subjected to having their characters "broken" throughout the game for a small part of the game that they might not even want to use much or at all. This just seemed to be the laziest distance between point A and B and the players were the ones who had to suffer for the perceived convenience.
    I couldn't agree less with your second point. People would be in total uprage if their favourite toons were banned from PVP, or even from certain leagues. Just creating certain leagues would take a lot of work and it wouldn't make sense with how PVP is built. PVP-only nerfs would be confusing for players and would also seem like a great way to introduce more bugs. Also, the biggest "nerfs" have been bug fixes in reality, such as Corrupt Commander not scaling with attack and Assassin Golden Son consuming the same mark three times. Both those two characters are still very powerful, just not the insta-win characters they were before the fixes.

Having played a bit in PVP now, I have to say that the way things were done makes sense. It could indeed be communicated better, but the whining on here in general have been way out of proportion IMO.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    I couldn't agree less with your second point. People would be in total uprage if their favourite toons were banned from PVP, or even from certain leagues. Just creating certain leagues would take a lot of work and it wouldn't make sense with how PVP is built. PVP-only nerfs would be confusing for players and would also seem like a great way to introduce more bugs. Also, the biggest "nerfs" have been bug fixes in reality, such as Corrupt Commander not scaling with attack and Assassin Golden Son consuming the same mark three times. Both those two characters are still very powerful, just not the insta-win characters they were before the fixes.

Having played a bit in PVP now, I have to say that the way things were done makes sense. It could indeed be communicated better, but the whining on here in general have been way out of proportion IMO.
    First, if it was communicated that there would be a legendary PVP TBA later, I am pretty confident there would not be the outrage you claim, particularly if it was discussed beforehand that the purpose of this was to keep it small and simple to minimize instability while providing everybody a level playing field first. Grumbling maybe inevitable, but then again given choice of waiting for a PVP league for some favorite characters or permenantly turning those favorite characters to shit, and I'd put good money on the odds that people would take the former over the latter.

As for the "Confusing/bugs" business, that's all weak argument. Rather than "confuse" people entering PVP, the sensible approach is to nuke the character into impotence? Please. What's confusing is having zero official damage stats published so that everybody must compile through trial and error. What's confusing is wondering why X doesn't do a fraction of the damage it did all week before because of a nerf, and then why Y doesn't the next month for the same reason. If these factors can be comprehended through the forum, etc. discovering and understanding the transition from PVE stats to PVP stats (and why it was done) is child's play by comparison.

And the argument stands that there would be no greater amount of bugs, if not fewer had there been ZERO updates involving the modification of characters beforehand and they simply started from a base level PVP that was fully worked up without distractions like fixing what they just bugged with the latest nerfs. This PVP would have come out faster, less buggy and PVE would be running more stable with the same full-strength characters. Next they could tackle the legendary league with full beta testing.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 12-16-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

Mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    I believe, that the bug has been fixed correctly. One thing that has been changed though is, that trigger effects now roll separately for each enemy. which means that they apply much less now(a good thing in my view). so if you heavily rely on freeze,burn,stun,etc. it might feel like your team got weaker...

it could be that or not ^^
    I suppose for some reason I just got the fixed version of the game a few minutes ago. All skill shards working in AI again. Time to go harvest some crops...

OS
    Android

Space needed for these updates...

This is getting ridiculous, every single time there is an update I have to delete a bunch of stuff off my phone. Every time I delete way more space than needed, and it still doesn't work.
    I've been trying for a half hour just to update. I had plenty of space and now i have more than enough and it says i need more space. WTF

Edit: Now it has messed my phone up. Can't even load my storage space anymore. Can't even uninstall LOTB. Can't do a god damn thing. Yes, I restarted my phone multiple times already.

Edit: Now, its stuck in the restart mode. I can't even get my phone on now. I never have these kind of issues, wtf was in that update!!!!

Another Edit: After taking my battery out and letting it sit for a while, and turning back on... the uninstall finally worked... Lets see if I Can get it re installed now... let the swearing continue...

Another edit: STILL NOT ENOUGH SPACE?????????? I have 1.5G free, and it says download size 57.44Mb. This is insane.

ANOTHER EDIT!!!!!!! - I have been trying for over an hour now just to freaking update (WHEN I HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH SPACE IN THE BEGINNING!!!) Final attempt of the day, and I have way less apps and photos than I had to begin with - which i wanted to keep by the way. Hopefully it works So i didn't just get all pissed off for nothing.

Can someone tell me the ACTUAL size of the download??? It didn't work again. F MY LIFE

Another edit: Mid download shut my phone off.
    now its stuck trying to turn on, once again. This is three times It froze trying to restart, which was because your stupid download froze. I swear if this game ruined my phone i'm gonna flip the F out.
    Last edited by Dank Brew; 12-16-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572

OS
    iOS
    Hey sparton

Wtf has happened to the rewards on game of death madness been getting single 1* Evo shards only ?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquetas-5312 View Post
    Hey sparton

Wtf has happened to the rewards on game of death madness been getting single 1* Evo shards only ?
    I gotta use the talisman runes I get every 2nd match, to continue playing... what are you talking about :P
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹