Views: 415
Size:  320.9 KB

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
    All I have to say !
    (Edited out the pic)
    Actually I have seen worse.

The last game I played, the player base began to dread patches because every single one would break something and require a bug fix that wouldn't come for two weeks. THEN the next pvp tournament would be delayed by a month because of that, and would contain game breaking bugs of its own. Then two weeks later that would get fixed, and it would be a two week scramble to achieve the ranks that were intended for a month's worth of effort. THEN, their forums got hacked and everyone's user name and password was stolen.

It was no mystery when it was announced a month later that the parent company was pulling the plug.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    The Roadhouse crew introduced a lot of characters that, if Nodding Frog hadn't nerfed them, would have ruined the fun of PVP as it was possible to build teams with strategies that would always win. So to me, the main fault still lies with Roadhouse.

PVP is not here yet, so it's frustrating to have those characters nerfed in PVE. On the other hand, if those nerfs were introduced together with PVP, people would complain about not getting time to re-evaluate their characters.

I do agree that too many bugs make it into the game though. One way to mitigate some of it could be to recruit a team of experienced players for a test group who plays the updates before they are released to the rest of the players.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

Useless thread of all fuckin' time...

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Can you explain how you think it's useless?

I think most people in this thread brought valid concerns with explanations on why they feel that way. I think it would be beneficial to hear from both viewpoints.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    Actually I have seen worse.

The last game I played, the player base began to dread patches because every single one would break something and require a bug fix that wouldn't come for two weeks. THEN the next pvp tournament would be delayed by a month because of that, and would contain game breaking bugs of its own. Then two weeks later that would get fixed, and it would be a two week scramble to achieve the ranks that were intended for a month's worth of effort. THEN, their forums got hacked and everyone's user name and password was stolen.

It was no mystery when it was announced a month later that the parent company was pulling the plug.
    I'm not exactly seeing a huge difference in explanation between this and that scenario, other than we have not had the chance to see how broken PVP here will be.

Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    The Roadhouse crew introduced a lot of characters that, if Nodding Frog hadn't nerfed them, would have ruined the fun of PVP as it was possible to build teams with strategies that would always win. So to me, the main fault still lies with Roadhouse.

PVP is not here yet, so it's frustrating to have those characters nerfed in PVE. On the other hand, if those nerfs were introduced together with PVP, people would complain about not getting time to re-evaluate their characters.

I do agree that too many bugs make it into the game though. One way to mitigate some of it could be to recruit a team of experienced players for a test group who plays the updates before they are released to the rest of the players.

The first assumption you would have to make is that PVP will actually be two players connecting in real time and playing head-to-head in versus mode. This is the ONLY scenario in which nerfing would "Agruably" (but not certainly) be justified, and we KNOW Nodding Frog is incapable of making this happen, much less, get PVE to run bug-free.

Now we are talking about some pseudo "raid" PVP, which is really PVE with AI behind other characters' teams. Who cares then? It's not as though Eddie1234 is losing his mind because every team destroys his average team with an "X,Y,Z' package every veteran player has (and even then, I/we have proposed a dozen workarounds for this). This is the same crap every other raid game encounters... Raiding player destroys AI 80-90% of the time; Raided player gets destroyed 80-90% of the time.

What your statement misses is that there is (or there will be) no PVP. We are going to get some BS pseudo-PvP that will invariably disappoint anybody with real PvP expectations, and will not be justified for the purposes of nerfs.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    And yet you see fit to participate in it, more so, by contributing the "most useless post of all fucking time," what exactly does that say about you?

Nevertheless, in the spirit of making the thread more "worthwhile" I have provided corrections in red as a free lesson on how to write actual, intelligible english.

And for even more worthwhile goodness, I direct you to google the word "irony" for the purpose of this thread.

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    So if it is all bs and it won't get better because the devs can't do it blah blah
    Do yourself a favour and pull the plug yourself. Stop playing and search a new game.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy1974 View Post
    So if it is all bs and it won't get better because the devs can't do it blah blah
    Do yourself a favour and pull the plug yourself. Stop playing and search a new game.
    Were it that simple.

Your first erroneous assumption is that "it's all BS". Were that the case, the game would have been dismissed within the first week or dismissed right after the bugs ruined casual play. Clearly this is not the case nor has it ever been asserted. The game has a very interesting combat strategy. Characters have individual skills, classes have vulnerabilities and strengths and talismans further enhance/customize strategic possibilities. The game was born with it and it has always been praised, so your lazy commentary has no base to it.

The "won't get better because the devs can't do it" sentiment has not been a recent development or revelation. Instead it has been a presumption drawn after 4 months of stagnant progress, continuous instability, and poor developmetal strategy. This was noted and discussed (constructively) following the october promo., of which nearly all of the input has been disregarded. The benefit of the doubt was extended multiple times until the inevitable conclusion was reached based on the events that support that conclusion. The fundamental difference between you and I in this respect is not that you love the game and I hate it; it's that despite the two of us genuinely liking what the game is, I have figured this out and you are still in the dark.

So your advice is too little/too late. Too much time, effort, and money has been invested into this.

OS
    iOS
    Blah blah blah.
    So if the game progress stagnates for months now, why put money in it?
    Your choice.
    It is a free game, just takes more time to evolve etc.
    btw i spent money too. Was i always lucky with the outcome? No. RNG and lotteries in general are bitches.
    It was my choice and i live with it to spend the money.
    Would i like new content? Of course.
    If it comes buggy-free.
    Are the devs incompetent? I don't know. I am no computer/data/software nerd to judge that.
    Hopefully this was a not so lazy post and you don't have to correct too much grammar or other mistakes within it.