Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    I don't think it's that bad. Definitely a grind-fest, but what's the alternative (until there's new content)? If drop rates were a lot higher everyone would max out a few teams and then be bored with nothing new to do. At least it gives us something to work towards. And I do think there are enough runes to keep making progress. I'm not in PVP yet, but I've been enjoying working on a few different teams in anticipation of the wider release.

Another thing is that someone (I forget who, but thanks to whoever you are!) did the math on evolving talismans and found that the return on runes invested really tapers off around level 35 or so on 5* talismans. So conceivably you could get a lot more bang for your buck (or time, as it were) by getting toons mostly maxed out.
    I'll put it to you this way, I can sit down and grind for maybe 5hrs twice in a week maybe at most, and would struggle at 50 troopers a day for maintenance. So if that means two talismans a week wash rinse and repeating game of death for umpteen million times to upgrade two talismans to max -> I'll max all my characters in or about 15 years. Just completing my eddies alone is equal to 1.5 years of game play assuming I don't collect any more Eddies.
    In terms of broken, I don't feel it could be any more broken than it is currently, and that's my rationale. I might as well not play it seems. This is also considering no new characters are added. 15 years. And almost every other game I played gets crazy fun once you've got a max account, and at least with me I find I play much more often as it's less of a chore and all about fun once maxed. In addition, this game has been out for 6+ months and no one has a maxed account which is absurd. I personally find your comments offensive, asinine, and very "yes sir may I have another load," from the dev team. Of course you are also entitled to your opinion; however, I strongly disagree, and I feel your comments could be construed as "the way it should be," by other members of the forum thus enabling this abuse of RNG and Pay to win to continue. I feel strongly that harsh criticism is required in this situation towards the dev team, and I personally go so far as to boycott the entire game because of it. Each to their own though.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    I'll put it to you this way, I can sit down and grind for maybe 5hrs twice in a week maybe at most, and would struggle at 50 troopers a day for maintenance.
    This is a fair point - if you can't (or don't think it's worth it) to grind then, yeah, you really can't max out toons at any decent speed. I guess my point was that it's a design choice (for better or worse) to cater towards players who can/will (no judgement intended here) put the time in, vs it being "bugged".
    So if that means two talismans a week wash rinse and repeating game of death for umpteen million times to upgrade two talismans to max -> I'll max all my characters in or about 15 years. Just completing my eddies alone is equal to 1.5 years of game play assuming I don't collect any more Eddies.
    In terms of broken, I don't feel it could be any more broken than it is currently, and that's my rationale. I might as well not play it seems. This is also considering no new characters are added. 15 years.
    On the other hand, if you recognize that you can't put much time into the game, why would you expect to be able to max out every character/Eddie? Part of the problem is that the developers don't seem to intend the game to be a "collect them all" kind of game, even though by it's nature it is (especially for the Eddies). This kind of explains the lack of character slots & terrible chances to get certain Eddies. It's like they don't think people will want to get them all. The dev's are wrong here.
    And almost every other game I played gets crazy fun once you've got a max account, and at least with me I find I play much more often as it's less of a chore and all about fun once maxed.
    This I think is a bigger problem - that there's really nothing to do once you beat the game. I guess PVP will theoretically change that, but even with that people are split between PVP & farming skillshards through Troopers (not to mention trying to use Trooper's for their benefit). Even with the occasional new levels like Night City or Brave New World, after a week or two it'll be back to a grind fest. I don't play enough games like this to really know what the best fix is, or what a successful end game should be. In the old days, you'd beat the game, then re-beat the levels looking for hidden goals/special items or something which would keep you occupied for a while, but that doesn't really apply to this type of game.

Serious question - which games are super fun with maxed accounts?
    In addition, this game has been out for 6+ months and no one has a maxed account which is absurd.
    by maxed account you mean full talisman & skillshard builds on 125 characters? I don't know why you'd expect that.
    I personally find your comments offensive, asinine, and very "yes sir may I have another load," from the dev team.
    https://www.sadtrombone.com/
    Of course you are also entitled to your opinion; however, I strongly disagree, and I feel your comments could be construed as "the way it should be," by other members of the forum thus enabling this abuse of RNG and Pay to win to continue. I feel strongly that harsh criticism is required in this situation towards the dev team, and I personally go so far as to boycott the entire game because of it. Each to their own though.
    First, "pay to to get every character" /= "pay to win". There's tons of good toons in this game and tons of sleeper hits that people have found with the right experimentation (although it's true that the difficulty in maxing out talismans makes experimenting difficult at high levels).

Second, yes, yes, we all have our opinions, and I really don't begrudge anyone from giving up on or boycotting this game either because of the bugs, the nerfs, or the differences in philosophy between the developers & much of the hardcore community. (note that these are all different things with very different solutions) I haven't spent any money on the game myself, partly out of being cheap and partly out of not wanting to waste money on a buggy game.

Anyway, I wish you the best, aur0ra85, and I do appreciate people pushing the dev's to fix stuff, because for all the great things about the game, there is still a lot that needs to be fixed.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    Drew, you were a very valued contributor to this forum. Hopefully you will be again. Obviously you're pretty frustrated cause you love the potential of this game and feel the developers are blowing it

But to call a very polite opinion that differs from your own "asinine and offensive" seemed a little...well, asinine and offensive

Seriously, I totally get where you're coming from but I have to say I'm finding the drop rates a little bit better as well (though not nearly as good as when I first started this game) and green (like you very well know) is still a bottleneck. Ultimately, if things are that bad, players like you will be in the majority and this game will fail as people leave. A number of us though here are still optimistic; only time will tell

Cheers and when BNW makes it here hope to see you back!
    Last edited by Nicko; 01-05-2017 at 04:23 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    I don't consider 15+ years of upgrading current troops as a good enough return for a casual/semi hardcore player. You might, that's fine. That's not considering changes in meta troops, new troops, or changes in meta talismans of which we've already had too many to count. I feel your entire train of thought is completely asinine, and instead of quoting over and over again to drive my numerous points home that you clearly didn't understand reading in the first place, I'll say it again: 15 years of upgrading current troops is asinine. It's so over the top ridiculous that it's not acceptable in any way shape or form and should not be to any gamer that's had a look at the math. I can do a doctorate degree from high school in that frame of time, newly born children can be driving cars nearly.
    I'm okay with the souls not dropping, gold accumulation is fine, the skill shard accumulation and where you spend them that can give you a legitimate edge which is cool, it's the inventory issues and lack of talisman materials is not. I don't care that there's nothing for you to do after you beat the game, for me there is: I finally get to put all that hard work to use trying different combos and figuring out where I want to put my skill shards. I can upgrade and max new characters as they become available as well. And I get to think outside the box with team selection.
    And yea I do begrudge you for your opinion because you're enabling this issue to go on further from the devs by not taking any kind of a stand and saying "this is not acceptable," you're in fact encouraging them, and trolling me.
    And if you're telling me that there are 120 characters now, i was counting 80.... just saying. 15 years. How long is it going to take to accumulate the skill shards for those characters after the talismans are all max?
    Now please, find yourself another thread to take a dump in thanks. This thread is mine, and I was asking a question to the public, not looking for your projection on how I should be playing my game.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    ^^ This guy gets it. LMAO, best thread I've read in a long time.

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Finally some progress

Here's some info about the latest changes to drop rates etc.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    Android
    It is hard to get 3* blue Evo runes, it seems the only place to get them is in kingdom of sands madness but the rate drop is poor. I spend 80 SoT to get only one and for a full set of freezzing talismans you need 18. While farming for these a got 3 3* green Evo runes or more, it should be on the contrary because I get hundreds of 3* Evo runes in battlefield madness.

Name:  Screenshot_20170109-084758_crop_524x516.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  131.5 KB