Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Matchmaking problems apart, when you win you win too much, but when you lose you also lose too much.

Suppose I'm @ 1000 pointys, when I attack or am attacked by someone with 1100 points, wining or losing is +10 or -10 points. But when I attack or am attacked by someone with 4500 points, wining or losing is +15 or -15 points. Well, if I won someone with 4 times more points than I, gaining a lot of points seens something fair. But losing to someone 4 times my points is way punishing, because 15 points is nothing to him and 10 points is a lot for me.

Imo if you are high ranked and defeat someone low ranked you should gain little to none points, but if you manage to defeat someone so high ranked you should be rewarded for that.
    Well if I attack someone low I get 10 points then they revenge me while I'm asleep without buffs I lose 15 points so basically I lose 5 points to attack someone low
    That's why I'm 90 points below where I was this time yesterday so being high ranked and staying there is very expensive in ironite unless you have cg red bat prisoner and cr/gr

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    If that was true my Defense percentage would be 49%

Last week it was 24%; new defense doing a bit better at 35%

I go back and forth with Prisoner defenses all the time. I'm not saying he's not a great character - he is - but he's not THAT insurmountable
    as said: the specific combination i described it's extremly broken, since there is no counter strategy and the multihitter sons stunns/freezes far more often than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Matchmaking problems apart, when you win you win too much, but when you lose you also lose too much.

Imo if you are high ranked and defeat someone low ranked you should gain little to none points, but if you manage to defeat someone so high ranked you should be rewarded for that.
    the problem is that almost everyone can beat any other when he goes first. so the guys in the top ranks would be punished to hard if they loose 20 points every time and gain 5 for revenge. another problem would be that you would be out of enemies instantly since you could only play vs. 4-5 opponent. that would get really boring very soon.

but i agree that the point system has to be adjusted in some way.

my suggestion would be to cut the losses drasticly, since it's very demotivationg for many players to win 100 points and loose 150 over night.
    that will hurt the pvp-system, since it brings people to quit.
    it would be possible to give lower ranked players more points, when attacking the higher ranked players without cutting the progress of the higher ranks.
    but there are many ways to go, i hope they will find a good and balanced one.

i would expand the list to minimum 20-25 players so that you have more targets.
    i mainly have the same names over and over again in my list and that is very sumoptimal for both sides...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    You and Flying V seem to have the worst luck against my defense!

It's like a dark cloud hang over your team when you attack 😉
    yeah, mysteriously you seem to get first turns 90% of the time too, I just watch the match eating popcorn
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    yeah, mysteriously you seem to get first turns 90% of the time too, I just watch the match eating popcorn
    I've seen this same film many times as well

OS
    iOS

Thank you for making things right

Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    I pushed hard and spent 150 ironite to get to rank 10. I got the notification that I won 2 G/A rare souls, 150 ignite, and a skill shard. I accepted the prize and then -nothing. Not in my inventory. Restarted, still nothing. I didn't mind investing the ironite because I'd have net zero on that and still get the other stuff, but this is very upsetting.

Devs, can you please explore? Can I get my stuff?
    Since I posted this publicly I wanted to publicly acknowledge that customer support rectified the situation. Thank you.

OS
    iOS
    I can see that few of you who wormed your way in to the arena are still complaining about the 'first turn gets to win'. And I haven't seen any comments on the idea of arena modifiers. Are you scared to loose that first turn win after all?
    This is 'beta', test it. Put like titan shield of 20k hp on the start of the battle and see how that goes with one more turn to go. Why 20k? Wild guess. Well, since my team can make on average some lame 15k-20k aoe dmg and 20k-25k single target dmg that would make sure I don't get to kill all on first turn. Gives an AI a chance to pull a rabbit out of the hat and makes me think will I just fire all guns on my first turn. So, what do you 'arenars' feel about that?
    Oh, and cya there next week. You just get too much of a good stuff there to wait for it to come out, makes no sense.

Oh, edit: why the hp modifier like titan shield - because it's non skill affecting hp. And with that kind of a modifier, no need for 'nerfs' on creatures abilities, you can just let them fire as they should and if you think it's too much, put more hp heh
    Last edited by Caretaker; 01-04-2017 at 11:33 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i think they will tune it in some way, so that more players can play in a balanced way, that's why they have nerfed so many characters.
    now many people realize, that it made sense, but the process isn't finished yet.

don't forget that this is only beta. you can trow ironite out of the window as you like, but you won't get prisoner, CG or another top character for sure.
    that's why this is not an extremly pay to win situation. yeah you won't be able to be in the top 5 without sponding ironite, but i haven't refilled SOW once if you belifve it or not and i'm mostly among top 10 in the ranking....

i'm very sure that more characters will get some passive that can counter the prisoner and CG so all we need is patience. i'm really looking forward to the next tweaks and changes, i think/hope this game has a bright future but it's still a long way to go.
    I don't think "balancing" is the problem. That was the "be all/end all for months prior and I remain convinced it brought on far more problems than it was worth, especially with thousands of options available outside of nerfing.

the point is that pvp is fun and a sorely-needed expansion to the game overall, but it is not a cure for what all ails this game and it has the same potential to be just as boring as the rest as obligations begin to overtake enjoyment.

we grinded to death for months for maximized characters and PVP. Our characters were nerfed in the process, stealing all joy and much use from many (countless tales of retired toons continue). When we finally got better and better we find that skillshards are useless in both PVP and campaign and that while talismans have some influence on pvp, they are useless past maxed 4*/early 5* in campaign, and even in pvp, turn order is 75% of the game between teams within the same ballpark.

Essentially, LoTB with one exception has not learned how to lead with the carrot at all and that has been one of its leading failings, now and the future. The lone exception was october's achievment expansion- incentive to play. If skill shards play minimal role in character power/improvement and if rare and even legendary souls flat out suck thanks to this shitty RNG, who is going to continue to waste 3 hours throughout a day, let alone resources to maintain a spot on the top 25 or top 100? Some... at first. Then AS WE SEE NOW, they will become burnt out and frustrated with the futility of wasting their time on what was fun as a novelty but a tedious chore now with no meaningful return.

balancing never was a good answer and it is a worse one now. They need to give us a meaningful reason why we should give this game more than 15-30 minutes a day. That takes the form of USEFUL rewards, and FUN activities.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    @Nicko: saw your full yellow team. Nice ideia, now I got how somebody's Tailgunner ultimated me twice in 3 turns. This time I took first, and even with accuracy debuff your GGS proc and get +18 fury (insta bar). Was a nice test, I think this talisman deserves future work. Would pair with Tailgunner or Carriage, but I have none now. As a defense, I understand the Desert guy with perfects, but maybe another toon would be nice. Everybody with rogue seems to much XD

@Frost: A special apologize here. Everytime I'll attack you, once or twice a day. Sorry. No revenges, tho.

In general: since a learnt to counter some passives and procs and start to use the halfh hour free refresh to choose my fights I got stable in the 1300 points, no refills (battling for skillshards). Im optimisc about the future of the game, and hating that BMW and Sacrifice are long anounced, long waited.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapathusara View Post
    @Frost: A special apologize here. Everytime I'll attack you, once or twice a day. Sorry. No revenges, tho.
    no problem I also attack everyone on my list... dunno how the matchmaking works, but I get the same names over and over, doesn't seen to work by rank...

About revenge, lately I'm just revenging when my (really poor and noob) defense team holds.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    I don't think "balancing" is the problem. That was the "be all/end all for months prior and I remain convinced it brought on far more problems than it was worth, especially with thousands of options available outside of nerfing.

the point is that pvp is fun and a sorely-needed expansion to the game overall, but it is not a cure for what all ails this game and it has the same potential to be just as boring as the rest as obligations begin to overtake enjoyment.

we grinded to death for months for maximized characters and PVP. Our characters were nerfed in the process, stealing all joy and much use from many (countless tales of retired toons continue).

Essentially, LoTB with one exception has not learned how to lead with the carrot at all and that has been one of its leading failings, now and the future. The lone exception was october's achievment expansion- incentive to play.

balancing never was a good answer and it is a worse one now. They need to give us a meaningful reason why we should give this game more than 15-30 minutes a day. That takes the form of USEFUL rewards, and FUN activities.
    while i agree with most things you said, i don't agree with the balancing part, since imbalance destroys every sense/fun of PVP.
    If you run into OP combinations and broken mechanichs i mentioned before it's becoming meaningless. Then having chracters xyz with talismans xyz is the only
    important thing, skill doesn't matter anymore. That's not fun at all, that would really kill the game IMO.
    If you cannot counter some specific actions (even in theory), this part is simply broken and has to be fixed. removing riduclous OPness of characters isn't "nerfing" it's actually "fixing" for the greater good of the game.

BUT:
    If you do that, you should give the players the possibillity to remove shillshards in case they don't like their characters anymore. This would avoid some frustration since it's really ugly to work so hard to maximize the potential of a character, which you don't like anymore after the "nerf". That would also show some respect for the time people have put in the game.
    Last edited by slauki; 01-05-2017 at 02:30 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.