Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Derthona13 View Post
    Thank you Mr killhouse for attacking two times in 10 Minutes a guy with half your points....
    The problem is you have to clear every name on the list or you lose your statistical advantage, and the same names come up over an over

Before Killhouse went on his mad dash I was doing the same. Poor Osiris, Optic Sugar, and Flying V are going to think I had personal vendettas against them, but right now that's how they have the game set up

Nothing personal!
    Nicko-0517

Hmmm Killhouse gotten 800+ points in a matter of few hours. So if his Ironites is really unlimited he could be rank 1 weekly even if he is reset to 1000points...
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    great. Missed out on 3 rare souls and 20 more ironite because miklos knocked me out of the Warlord I tier with 6 seconds left.
    mammy-7388

OS
    iOS
    So this should be good - the week ended and the revenges came out - they were waiting

Amazingly my defense held off the first three; but poor Killhouse will likely be getting a massive assault...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    great. Missed out on 3 rare souls and 20 more ironite because miklos knocked me out of the Warlord I tier with 6 seconds left.
    I'm sure it wasn't intentional - but that sucks
    Nicko-0517

This is not good..killhouse reset to 1885 points...he can be rank 1 weekly.
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    This is not good..killhouse reset to 1885 points...he can be rank 1 weekly.
    If he has the Ironite - and more importantly the patience and time - more power to him!

He was a beast, and if he keeps that up every Saturday I think he'll burn out. But maybe not

Congrats Killhouse!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    How does the reset work? This was my first week in the Arena, and in a matter of minutes i lost something like 300 points after the end of the week...how the number of lost points is decided?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    The problem is you have to clear every name on the list or you lose your statistical advantage, and the same names come up over an over

Before Killhouse went on his mad dash I was doing the same. Poor Osiris, Optic Sugar, and Flying V are going to think I had personal vendettas against them, but right now that's how they have the game set up

Nothing personal!
    No problem my friend, i don't think that way I just joined PVP this week, kept myself cool checking around. What i see on PVP, ironite is a must have to stay on top. I get so many attacks from Killhouse also. And having powerful defense as much as possible, sometimes even 10 points are important in the rush hour. So defence break of %70 is better than %80. This is a math in the end. I will just keep myself cool for collecting some ironite, building better debuffer defence team for a while.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    iOS
    Hello to you all. I've been a long time lurker using the valuable information others have contributed here. Thank you to those members.

Before we go any further, I apologize to any that I attacked multiple times. Nothing personal, but with the random 10 targets to fight, we're at the mercy of the RNG that decides who we can face.

Early this week I tried climbing the ladder to see how hard it would be. Each night I'd be able to climb maybe 200 points just to lose over half of them to revenges while sleeping. Instead, knowing I had a large chunk of time the afternoon of reset, I went for it.

100's of ironite was spent (no it's not limitless but I had been sitting on a large stockpile) and even more time was spent than I care to admit. Was it worth it? No probably not, but I won't know for sure until I pop the souls. Still not ready to face the disappointment of another legendary soul or more gunner/assassin ones giving a duplicate or not so great character.

Thoughts I've had on the PVP beta:

Revenge, needs some limitations. I spent an entire nights worth of sand trading wins with some people, (Max and Mammy come to mind) where we were each too stubborn to cut the losses and move on. Eventually someone (me) would lose and end the cycle. There needs to be a limitation to how many times you can trade. I'd be happy with a system where you could only revenge once and if you win, you'd get some or all of your points back and none would be deducted from the other player (or maybe only half).

Strategy, at first it felt like there was a lot to consider but now I feel much like you just need to have the right skills and luck to give you the best odds of winning. Far too many fights depend on a) who goes first and b) whose talismans decide the fight. Too much luck goes into deciding the outcome of the fights.

Skills, as others have mentioned already, some skills are much better than others. There were plenty of combinations that I chose to ignore and spend ironite to refresh my opponent list rather than fight and watch my team get crushed. This surely contributed to some frustration of multiple attacks in a short time... I would try to avoid names I remembered but the lists just kept populating mostly the same names.

Passive skills to use:
    First Blood, Siege (if you aren't lucky enough to have a prisoner for passive aggression), shield.
    With these you can start with a huge advantage of having a shield for the first round and 2x turns of you can manage to get the first kill. Very few fights even last 2 rounds

Teams to avoid:
    Teams with a prisoner, some are easier to manage but certain combinations of passive will crush you
    Teams with a focus character, these tend to have a CG and at least one other with talismans on hit

For any wondering my typical attack team was:
    Warrior Angel of Fear (Bat)
    Warrior Troll
    Magus Angel of Pain (Bat)
    Sentinel Undead rescuer (strand is ridiculously useful)
    Carriage Rider Eddie

If the team had tough passives, use the Angel of Pain to counter. If not, use the rescuer with freeze talismans to help swing luck in your favour.

Well, thanks for reading if you got this far and another apology to any that were attacked repeatedly on my mission... nothing personal and please take your revenges upon me!

Happy Holidays!