Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    It really is a shame the talisman rune drop rates were destroyed. There's a lot of strategies I'd like to try out but I'm limited to using what I already have maxed. I've been playing long enough that I have a decent amount maxed talismans. I'd like to mix it up a bit though. Why was it changed anyway? For bnw? Why change it so far in advance of its release? I don't get it.

Edit: drop rates have been adjusted. Ignore my drunken ramblings
    Last edited by MrFreeze; 01-06-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    I dunno if this is already known but just now i fought a random dude that beat me cuz his red cotd got infinite extra turns and killed everyone i had...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android

1 Hour to refill one Sand is a bad idea

What makes the devs believe that bringing the time to refill 1 sand to 1 hour from the previous 30 minutes will make the game more engaging? It is a bad idea! You riduce the Number of games a player can have in a day, so definitevely is less engaging.

I believe they did it to make us use the sand refill. But whats the purpose of spending ironite to refill if the maximum weekly prize in ironite is 150 (if you manage to get there)? You can use it a few times but not much.

In my opinion it is a bad idea, extending the Number of plays makes the arena engaging, reducing it is not.

I hope they come back to 30 minutes for 1 sand.

OS
    Android
    sorry for the double post guys, but that's the right place for my previous statement:

Some problems i see so far with the PVP changes:

1. the playerpool of good targets shrunk to a handfull of players. it's really dangerous now to attack lowranks, if they will revenge.
    if you attack them you gain 13 if they revenge sucessfully you loose 25. so this gives you a expected value of -12 points per SOW (assuming 100% success on both sides).

I see that it's good to protect lowranks from being the target of highranks, but this seems too far off for me. BTW the difference that matters is the difference in points. If between Rank 3 and rank 1 is more than 300 points you will also get +25 even if there are only 2 ranks in between.

now you have to focus on higher ranked and higher pointed players, but they are hard to find when you are among top 20. you will have to play
    the same players again and again, and they will take revenge again and again. This could eliminate any progress and get boring soon.
    But that's only my expectation for now, we need more time to investigate that, but this scenario is very likely. So far the old point system was far better IMO.

2. with 60 minutes for SOW to recover, PVP is getting even more pay to win heavy. You will have to rebuy a lot if you wanna gain some good rewards.
    That was better before. In combination with point 1. this could be really bad. OTAH i really enjoy the time extention for SOW to refill. The game feels
    less stressfull now. It's definetly better than 30 minutes IMO. But as stated before 45 minutes seem perfect to me.

But anyway i like the trial and error approach you guys seem to have, this could lead to a nice and well rounded PVP package in the end.
    Last edited by slauki; 01-06-2017 at 12:01 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    The way I see to protect lower players is simple remove the points deduction from pvp and have a system with smaller point gains ie
    Lower ranks earns you 1 point
    Even ranks earns you 3 points
    Higher ranks earns you 5 points

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    sorry for the double post guys, but that's the right place for my previous post:

Some problems i see so far with the PVP changes:

1. the playerpool of good targets shrunk to a handfull of players. it's really dangerous now to attack lowranks, if they will revenge.
    if you attack them you gain 13 if they revenge sucessfully you loose 25. so this gives you a expected value of -12 points per SOW (assuming 100% success on both sides).

I see that it's good to protect lowranks from being the target of highranks, but this seems too far off for me. BTW the difference that matters is the difference in points. If between Rank 3 and rank 1 is more than 300 points you will also get +25 even if there are only 2 ranks in between.

now you have to focus on higher ranked and higher pointed players, but they are hard to find when you are among top 20. you will have to play
    the same players again and again, and they will take revenge again and again. This could eliminate any progress and get boring soon.
    But that's only my expectation for now, we need more time to investigate that, but this scenario is very likely. So far the old point system was far better IMO.

2. with 60 minutes for SOW to recover, PVP is getting even more pay to win heavy. You will have to rebuy a lot if you wanna gain some good rewards.
    That was better before. In combination with point 1. this could be really bad. OTAH i really enjoy the time extention for SOW to refill. The game feels
    less stressfull now. It's definetly better than 30 minutes IMO. But as stated before 45 minutes seem perfect to me.

But anyway i like the trial and error approach you guys seem to have, this could lead to a nice and well rounded PVP package in the end.
    Totally agree with slauki, yesterday night I was in rank 10, so only 9 players to challenge so I could win points, more than 2000 thousand players behind who will challenge me and i will lose points against because I will never get the difference points devs have implemented, it is too much. I have made rank 10 or at least 15 playing almost all the time at work and home without spending ironite. If devs pretend people spend ironite in arena is wrong, I rather spend it on farming.
    My final decision is to try to keep in high rank until tomorrow and see if I earn a reward, then I will quit playing PVP.
    I hope they change this very soon.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    Totally agree with slauki, yesterday night I was in rank 10, so only 9 players to challenge so I could win points, more than 2000 thousand players behind who will challenge me and i will lose points against because I will never get the difference points devs have implemented, it is too much. I have made rank 10 or at least 15 playing almost all the time at work and home without spending ironite. If devs pretend people spend ironite in arena is wrong, I rather spend it on farming.
    My final decision is to try to keep in high rank until tomorrow and see if I earn a reward, then I will quit playing PVP.
    I hope they change this very soon.
    You will have 19 players on the same rank Rick like I do and 1 above the rest as you stated are below

OS
    iOS
    I don't like the endless revenge, but with the current setup it makes more sense to revenge higher ranked players than going after lower ones. I'll sit on my SoW and wait I guess. Sorry guys, it's not personal. Limiting revenge to once and lowering the opponents point loss would make a big difference I think. but what do I know, hire Slauki. He's got good ideas.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    3 hours before the reset everything is quiet...shouldn't there be fireworks all over the rankings?
    everyone seems to be afraid to attack someone now. exactly what shouldn't happend for a healthy PVP environment.

the point system is the worst so far, it's not motivating to attack someone when you will actually loosing points by doing so.

i'm afraid that my considerations turned true. anyone similar or opposite observations?

EDIT: to summarize it: this system punishes you when you attack most players, this cannot be successfull.
    Last edited by slauki; 01-07-2017 at 09:18 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    3 hours before the reset everything is quiet...shouldn't there be fireworks all over the rankings?
    everyone seems to be afraid to attack someone now. exactly what shouldn't happend for a healthy PVP environment.

the point system is the worst so far, it's not motivating to attack someone when you will actually loosing points by doing so.

i'm afraid that my considerations turned true. anyone similar or opposite observations?
    I agree. I have to be waaaaay too selective about who I attack. I can't imagine this system will remain. Or at least I hope not.