Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    Can I apologize again too? Sadly certain names keep appearing each refresh either via ironite, timed, or by clearing the list. Sorry guys.

Max, I swear that I'm afraid to attack you now... after the hours spent revenging last week, you are one determined individual. Sag and I have a good one going right now...

As annoying as it can be, Revenge has actually been one of the more interactive parts of the game getting to know your fellow troopers and forum posters.

I like the idea that you can't attack the same player within a timed window. Or maybe something about the refresh that it populates 10 new names. Maybe this is just because it's the Beta and restricted.

PizzaFriday hit 5k, Congrats! I think it's down to Nicko to catch him if anyone can.
    Sag will go back and forth forever

And I am not taking on Pizza Friday - too lazy! Was hoping to enjoy watching some college football tomorrow along with another Killhouse come-from-behind surge!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Some can say your defense team is garbage change it etc etc etc but no one is unbeatable, even Nicko, PizzaFriday and Killhouse, the times I attacked them and had the first round it was a piece of cake, and when I didn't I was facerolled. So haveing a good/bad defense is situational and very luck dependant.

That's why I don't like the penalties for losing when attacked or revenged, it's way too dependant on luck rather than skill or team composition/talismans/skills.

I myself will spend no ironite to keep up in this system I know I cannot win.
    My defense the last two weeks has held about 28% of attackers. I think it makes sense - I'm sure I always lose when my defense goes second, and take just over half of the matches when it goes first. Just can't expect AI to outperform a human, and CG often doesn't get a good hit

There are some very active forum members my defense repeatedly holds against, and others it has never beaten.

Anyone's defense holding a lot higher?
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    My defense the last two weeks has held about 28% of attackers. I think it makes sense - I'm sure I always lose when my defense goes second, and take just over half of the matches when it goes first. Just can't expect AI to outperform a human, and CG often doesn't get a good hit

There are some very active forum members my defense repeatedly holds against, and others it has never beaten.

The defense will be better if the rates go up, like 40% holding if well programed. But I don't know how that can be w/o nerfing things or making the PvP an "AI x AI" thing.

Some defenses I really had trouble are composed of a Mummy Eddie with Health or a combo of Paralize/Freeze or a GR Eddie with Freeze, a CG with Para/Freeze, Troll with Void or Warrior Bomber Boy with Blind/Void and Prisoner. If you start you have a chance of winning, if no you will lose no matter what you do.

But the big difference I see is perfect hits. AI almost never hit with perfect hits, wich trigger a lot of defensive stuff like Paralize/Freeze/Blind/Vanish. You can put a Gunner Marauder or Purple Soldier but they suck in a lot of compositions and take the place of someone more powerfull in defense.

Also we can have some improvements in AI. Like Sentinel Soulless demon ins a taunter, instead of taunting he uses his self buff that is useless (I can explain why in another thread) consuming the power a Purple Golden Son or Gunner Rescuer can use to revive or prevent death.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android

I saw 33% held on my defence for couple days at mine, i am currently working on it to make it better
    I think defence must be more rewarded than attack when it is holded, because it is not easy to keep solid defence with this AI.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    I saw 33% held on my defence for couple days at mine, i am currently working on it to make it better
    I think defence must be more rewarded than attack when it is holded, because it is not easy to keep solid defence with this AI.
    Mine started strong - has been as high as 56%, and in its longest streak held four people in a row - but by the end of the week seems to drift down near the 28% mark
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    My defense hovers around 20%, in theory it seems like a good team but I share the feelings that it is more luck than anything else. First turn, perfect hits, talismans going off, AI "strategy" all turn it into a flip of a coin. I can't even remember but I think my team is:

Carriage Rider Eddie
    Warrior Bat
    Warrior Troll
    Sentinel Undead Rescuer

I spent time before trying to improve but the limited AI and reliance on luck makes it difficult to build a solid wall. Also it can be tough to balance talismans between an attack team, defense team, and PVE team.

For me there are combinations that have a lot of luck on their side and if I don't go first there isn't much to do but watch the AI stomp me...
    GR Eddie chaining attacks on the first move
    Having 3/4 characters stunned or frozen after the first round

Oh and don't expect any last minute pushes this time, rewards are just not worth it when you see the characters the RNG gives out. Maybe once they add the Eternal souls/Eddie but I assume that will not be until the Beta period is over.
    Plus I'm 1,000 + Points back, and still hurting from the ironite push last week. That would be 100 wins without factoring in Revenges (looking at you Sag) or losses and that would just be to catch PizzaFriday now. Who knows how high he would be by then! I'm content to sit in the Rank 2-5 range and hoping to not have to grind tomorrow!

PVP is burning me out.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    My defense hovers around 20%, in theory it seems like a good team but I share the feelings that it is more luck than anything else. First turn, perfect hits, talismans going off, AI "strategy" all turn it into a flip of a coin. I can't even remember but I think my team is:

Carriage Rider Eddie
    Warrior Bat
    Warrior Troll
    Sentinel Undead Rescuer

I spent time before trying to improve but the limited AI and reliance on luck makes it difficult to build a solid wall. Also it can be tough to balance talismans between an attack team, defense team, and PVE team.

For me there are combinations that have a lot of luck on their side and if I don't go first there isn't much to do but watch the AI stomp me...
    GR Eddie chaining attacks on the first move
    Having 3/4 characters stunned or frozen after the first round

Oh and don't expect any last minute pushes this time, rewards are just not worth it when you see the characters the RNG gives out. Maybe once they add the Eternal souls/Eddie but I assume that will not be until the Beta period is over.
    Plus I'm 1,000 + Points back, and still hurting from the ironite push last week. That would be 100 wins without factoring in Revenges (looking at you Sag) or losses and that would just be to catch PizzaFriday now. Who knows how high he would be by then! I'm content to sit in the Rank 2-5 range and hoping to not have to grind tomorrow!

PVP is burning me out.
    Dang - there goes my Saturday entertainment! Maybe you'll have a change of heart

I keep trying new combos on defense and it seems with every tweak I get a short-lived bump and then reverts to the norm.

I will say Viking Eddie is outstanding against Grim Reaper. But if there is a Prisoner and a taunt/feeeze/stunner? Then all luck of the draw...

Burnout is why I don't chase gunners like you and Pizza Friday. The extra Skillshard is nice, but playing for fun instead of stressing over being number one is nicer. If they tiered the rewards at the top a little more I think things may be a bit more competitive.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android

wow you guys hate me

While sleeping dropped from 1400 to 1100 points, in new year's day!!!

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    iOS
    I've been fooling around with the Perfect Hit passive on my Assassin Pyro Soldier when putting him on defense

Useless

My CG is much better manually than with Perfect Hit when I test my defense. Theoretically there should be no difference. This isn't the case - I don't think it's working properly - it's not triggering Talismans like a manually done perfect hit. And didn't have a prisoner on the opposing team
    Last edited by Nicko; 12-31-2016 at 06:17 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I've been fooling around with the Perfect Hit passive on my Assassin Pyro Soldier when putting him on defense

Useless

My CG is much better manually than with Perfect Hit when I test my defense. Theoretically there should be no difference. This isn't the case - I don't think it's working properly - it's not triggering Talismans like a manually done perfect hit. And didn't have a prisoner on the opposing team
    Hey Nicko, I tested this same scenario with yellow marauder and the CG apparently manages to trigger freeze more easily. Other characters with freezing and stun seem to trigger more easily as well.

Maybe it's a problem with the pyro soldier.