Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    VPN+CANADA= Everyone betatest arena.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    one suggestion: since we know how pvp will probably work now, it would be very usefull to configure your defense in some way.

some basic commands could do the job for the beginning, like "never use skill xy" or "use skill xy as often" as possible.

it's a hard job to make the AI smarter, but it would be great if we could tune our defence with commands like that.
    this would also generate more tactic possibilities. would also be grat for autofarming.
    Great idea - would be a game changer

Just spent a few hours on the beta. That Ironite goes quick! Slauki and I went back and forth killing each other about five times in a row

Definitely fun, but also has the newness factor to it. Like was mentioned earlier, there are some hodge posts teams but there are also some well thought out defense teams. Glass canon teams and teams that made great use of character synergy and talismans. Very cool seeing this play out.

I found myself putting a defense team together with a couple characters - including an Eddie - I rarely play while farming. Certainly forces you to think differently.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I've got access to Arena now (located in Sweden) and I have to say it's a lot of fun digging in to this.

As the starting turn is random, you really have to think about how you set up your offensive team. Also, the team who gets the first turn only starts with 2 power while the team who doesn't gets to start with 6 power and then get 3 more as their turn starts.

As someone already said, the AI does seem to be a bit smarter.

You receive stat bonuses as you rack up a win streak. Not sure if defensive losses will break this, but this makes you go for the weaker looking teams first to rack up wins and get bonuses for the battles against the tougher looking teams.

The bonuses are as follows:
    2 wins: 5 % DEF
    4 wins: 5 % MR
    6 wins: 5 % ATK
    8 wins: 5 % MAG
    10 wins: 5 % HP & 5 % SPECIAL
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

I'm beginning to think the top 6-7 ranks are unobtainable.

It appears to me that once you become the top few ranked players, everyone will attack you for higher points and taken over by someone else who will suffer the same cycle.

Lower rank player win the higher rank for 12-15 points and you revenge to get back only 5-6 points if the opponent is way lower?
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    I'm beginning to think the top 6-7 ranks are unobtainable.

It appears to me that once you become the top few ranked players, everyone will attack you for higher points and taken over by someone else who will suffer the same cycle.

Lower rank player win the higher rank for 12-15 points and you revenge to get back only 5-6 points if the opponent is way lower?
    This is why I asked if you can fight someone more than once and if so how many times ?
    But no one has bothered to answer !

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquetas-5312 View Post
    This is why I asked if you can fight someone more than once and if so how many times ?
    But no one has bothered to answer !
    You get a list of ten players that you can play against. This list refreshes every hour or so, and you can refresh it yourself for a fee of 10 ironites. The players on the list are random but seems to be chosen to be somewhat close to you in ranking points. You can fight each player on the list once. You can also do a rematch against anyone who attacked you, but only once. Not sure if you can do re-rematches as well (I have only been attacked once and none of the players I attacked have attacked me back, so far). Anyway, if you have played against all 10 players on your current list and did rematches against everyone who attacked you, you can't play against anyone until the list refreshes or someone attacks you.

You can see a list of the top 100 as well as your troopers, but you can't play against them (unless they show up in your list of 10 or have attacked you). Nor can you search for players to attack.

So you can't play against the same player unlimited times. Nor can you choose freely who you play against.
    Johan-1264

Seems like you can do unlimited revenge matches as long as your opponent fought back.
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    Thank you guys much appreciated
    Can't wait to try this out but looks like I need to do a lot of work on talismans

OS
    Android
    So far (~15 matches) my offensive team has not had any real troubles and have won most matches in 1-2 rounds. I think the only exception was a Sentinel Soulless Demon who used his shield ability and lasted a round or two longer alone. Depending on the opponent team, I have so far switched between two different Eddies and two different toons while the other two toons have had a steady place in my team. I have not had to change any talismans around yet. So the average team seems pretty easy to beat without adapting toons and talisman setups too much, but perhaps that will change as players optimize their defending teams. The possibility to fight against your own defending team is great and something I need to explore more.

I can see a few key toons coming out of this, which a lot of players will use. Warrior Troll is an obvious one and there will probably be a few more.
    Johan-1264

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by XcarecroW View Post
    VPN+CANADA= Everyone betatest arena.
    easier said than done. I'm on android 4.4.4 and tried using VPN Master app (there are LOADS of of different VPN apps on android, yet most of them for web-browsing only). I once tried another vpn app to get Dawn of titans installed (which was locally unavailable at the time) and was not able to succeed.

One thing is, that messing with localities also results in messing with timezones, thus messing up the daily rewards?
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed