Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by XcarecroW View Post
    It is clear that arena is for using a lot of ironite. The one that spends the most is going to be in a top place. And the best rewards seem ridiculous hard to get, but they are so good.
    Otherside i dont like the random system about who will start first, usually who goes first wins
    Definitely sucks up the Ironite - that's for sure!

But what would be an alternative to the random system? I think it's definitely the best way to handle it. I think the attacker will almost always win if they go first, so keeping it mixed up adds to the challenge and seems to be the most fair way to do it
    Nicko-0517

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Definitely sucks up the Ironite - that's for sure!

But what would be an alternative to the random system? I think it's definitely the best way to handle it. I think the attacker will almost always win if they go first, so keeping it mixed up adds to the challenge and seems to be the most fair way to do it
    I dont know, maybe the right thing would be that the attacker would go always second, i mean you have the advantage to see the team that is defending and get the chars to counter attack them, so the defending team always would go first. I really dont know how to make it fair
    By the way how is that viking eddie going?

OS
    iOS
    They have Viking Eddie as my Avatar but so far I haven't used him in the arena. He looks cool so I'm glad they chose him, but he'll be warming the bench
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    One thing I find challenging/confusing is having a rank level AND trophy requirements that place you in a league regardless of rank.

EX: I am rank 25, but in a much lower tier than would allow me to claim the rewards of that rank. This happens because I go to sleep and loose lots of trophies while being attacked. It is strange that my rank doesn't go back down too. Does rank only move forward and not backwards?

I almost spent some ironite to push into other leagues, but it feels like it will be impossible to climb anywhere near the top leagues (despite my rank). Would love to know more how this works.

(Since tone cannot be communicated well online, please read this in the most positive way possible as I really like PVP overall so far)

EDIT: I understand that the beta started shorter than the typical 1-week cycle I think you have planned. Perhaps that will make league requirements more attainable.
    Rank is relative to other players. If you are rank 25, that means that there are 24 players with more points than you, and all the others have less than you. The rank and trophy requirements will probably make more sense when it's fully launched and everybody is in, plus full weeks of getting ranking points of course.

I like this system. Forces you to think and plan a lot more.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    Otherside i dont like the random system about who will start first, usually who goes first wins
    The one who gets to move first gets only 2 power from start, while the one who moves last starts with 6 power, plus getting 3 (plus any bonuses from passives) upon their turn. So, the player who gets to move first can only use basic attacks and some very basic power abilities, while the second player will have at least 9 power to use. This mitigates some of the advantage of getting to do the first move. I think it works pretty well. This way, you will have to try to choose a team that can both handle to move first but without power, and to move last but with a lot of power.
    Johan-1264

Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    The one who gets to move first gets only 2 power from start, while the one who moves last starts with 6 power, plus getting 3 (plus any bonuses from passives) upon their turn. So, the player who gets to move first can only use basic attacks and some very basic power abilities, while the second player will have at least 9 power to use. This mitigates some of the advantage of getting to do the first move. I think it works pretty well. This way, you will have to try to choose a team that can both handle to move first but without power, and to move last but with a lot of power.
    Even like this, with this system of power points, there are basic abilities more powerful than powermoves, so you can easily been almost destroyed or start with a great disadvantage just in the first turn.

OS
    iOS
    Even like this, with this system of power points, there are basic abilities more powerful than powermoves, so you can easily been almost destroyed or start with a great disadvantage just in the first turn.
    Definitely. But it's happened to me as an attacker as well; the defensive team has hit like a freight train and I could never recover. The couple times I've lost as an attacker have been when the AI Defense goes first

I like the balance now with the power differential as konstifik described. Kind of exciting to see which position you'll be in, and forces you to consider both possibilities as opposed to always going second. This is a beta, so I'm sure they'll continue to tweak things along the way
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    You just have to take all this into consideration when you choose your teams. There are ways to avoid being smashed if you don't get the first turn. Using a Warrior Troll is a common way. It makes it much more interesting to me at least. Of course you can build a team that is very likely to win if it gets the first turn, but will it survive if it doesn't?
    Johan-1264

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    Rank is relative to other players. If you are rank 25, that means that there are 24 players with more points than you, and all the others have less than you. The rank and trophy requirements will probably make more sense when it's fully launched and everybody is in, plus full weeks of getting ranking points of course.

I like this system. Forces you to think and plan a lot more.
    Well, the #1 ranked player right now (Congrats, Miklos!) only has 1852 trophy points. That means he is nowhere near the top prize levels -so nobody will get the top few tiers of prizes at this rate. In fact players at the top probably won't get back the ironite they invested (or a prize to justify spending it) the way it is currently set up. Does that seem normal that the top prizes won't be awarded to anyone?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    one suggestion: since we know how pvp will probably work now, it would be very usefull to configure your defense in some way.

some basic commands could do the job for the beginning, like "never use skill xy" or "use skill xy as often" as possible.

it's a hard job to make the AI smarter, but it would be great if we could tune our defence with commands like that.
    this would also generate more tactic possibilities. would also be grat for autofarming.
    I love this Idea, Hopefully they can introduce something similar at least. As is attackers definitely have the advantage.
    It would also be nice to have a lower wait time on SOW refill... 45 min for ONE? wow.
    Playing since the beginning, and I still DO NOT have these eddies:
    Cyborg
    Shaman
    VHE
    Navigator
    Tailgunner
    Hollowed

Current champ: Trooper.
    Brewtus-1572