Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Just one thing left to say.
    They take advantage of us players because we continue to support bullshit updates like this. Hit these people where it hurts the most! Don't spend a fucking dime when we only get shitty updates like this.
    This was a big FUCK YOU to all the loyal players of the game. Devs once again said FUCK YOU to all of us with this update....

There... is all out. Thank you

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Schmeb View Post

Off topic -- does anyone besides me simply scroll right past any/all posts by Witkacy? Turrible. Just turrible.
    No I don't. I like the way he greets the person he is referring to, and he has a pet called Smokie. Just pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    There is a saying, however - "Inform before you perform". People don't like surprises. I think if you would have said "we have a minor new character update coming" instead of "year end update" people would be taking it a lot better. There would have been no expectations that this was THE update that would bring sacrifice or new content. Would people have griped when you announced a character update? Of course - people like to complain and are also eagerly awaiting the new features - but at least then no one would have been disappointed when the day arrived. No rising expectations dashed.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people on the team feel that springing events like this delight more than disappoint... and I dunno, we do see a lot of people excited for these kinds of events in various channels and when we look at activity in various features. I understand where you guys are coming from, though. I can see if being a bit more open to the kind of event is something that we can adopt going forward, but communication and promotion stuff is usually planned and executed primarily from people above me (involving the band to some degree), so that's a bit above what I can influence directly.

I think a GENERAL time for major features such as full PvP, Sacrifice, and BNW would also go a long way in keeping the natives from becoming restless.
    If we knew the timelines for those kinds of features with a great deal of certainty, we would definitely communicate that, but game development for a live operable game is a fickle beast... and especially for PVP, where we want to take time to mold with a smaller audience before releasing it to everyone. Right now, we have a general window of within the first few months of 2017 for the full PVP release, but I think that's all I can share at this time.

(Which isn't to say we're not working on those other features in parallel... there are some people who can't work full time on PVP changes/improvements, skill fixes, etc which are making progress on things like Brave New World dungeons. The priority is still PVP, though.)

PLEASE remove the buff loss

Cause now there is an extremely long refresh - and there are certain players I've attacked so many times I'm purposefully avoiding so it doesn't look personal. But the only alternative then is to wait it out...three hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    the bad thing is, that i lost my buffs after three hours automaticly, when the list changed...not sure if that should work that way. but it's a little pointless to try to buff your team up, since it takes 10 fights, and lose it all again...
    it would be great if that could be swapped again.
    We do want you to purposefully decide between trying to maintain your win streak and being selective of your targets, though. You need to take the risk of fighting dangerous/retaliatory opponents if you want to maintain the strongest stat bonus edge.

That said, we also want to spend a lot of time during this beta trying out different approaches to this and other aspects (like the few changes we did at the start of this Christmas event), so definitely do keep the feedback coming and expect us to be trying all kinds of variations on values and things like this to help get it to the most engaging and fun form of base PVP we can have.

OS
    iOS

Happy holidays LOTB Team

For a mobile game it's a great game 4 out 5 stars happy holidays to all of you players
    Last edited by Kamuz24z; 12-22-2016 at 07:50 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by compurocker View Post
    I wish they had never mentioned Sacrifice. I mean, I'm looking forward to getting more value from my dupe characters, but seriously. If we didn't know Sacrifice was coming, we wouldn't be hoarding useless dupes, and we'd have plenty of open slots.
    Not necessarily true. I worked on levelling everything I had Pokemon style, from sandworms to meatheads to ox things. The understanding was more slots would be expanded (later they found some issues expanding). I wanted to collect and level everything and now I have 50+ over-invested/never used characters that can't be sold due to the shit exchange rate for what was invested (that and the achievements goal).
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubajoa View Post
    I'm so disappointed, frustrated, unenthusiastic, bored about this event that I can't figure it out to express how deeply sorry I feel. So I'm gonna use an urban adjective that most of latinamericans know "CHIMBO".

This is the most chimbo christmas event I've ever knew. No new content, no new dungeon, no new levels, no pvp (just a few people are enjoying it), just more characters and no room to save them. Most christmas events in almost every videogame is about giving something, oh forget videogames christmas is about share something and I mean something, it could be minimal but something, 10 ironite or a new 3* character for everyone that's a gift. But you are just pushing us to waste money in the game. The nodding frog company wants more money it's OK but give us a reason to spend money in the game.
    totally agree with that, many players will leave your game dev, end game players have nothing to do and to win.....
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    ... Right now, we have a general window of within the first few months of 2017 for the full PVP release ...
    This quote on its own makes me cringe ... I am certainly not doing another "few month" of mindless grinding even if I can sneak once in a while with my VPN into Arena (doesn't work all the time)

II am repeating myself but I still can't find any explanation why "put on thing in - get another thing out" is not adressed as this is clearly far easier than PVP. The engine is there - it's basically the Book of Souls again. There you put one thing in and 99% of the time get somthin very frustrating out. If sacrifice works like that it means you put a duplicate Mummy Eddie in that you pushed to 4* 80 you'll get 2 normal souls in return.

It is also very clear that the majority is not very happy about the RNG odds. To fix this it has nothing to do with further developing the game. It's a tweak. The truth is that somebody within the company does not want this. The term "walking wallets" was used here before and it is quite fitting. Instead of adressing the things people are complaining about Nodding Frog continues to dangle carrots in front of the donkeys in hope they spend more money. And selling th Xmas soul for 100!!! Ironite. Can't be like 20 because it's Xmas ... NO WAY ... has to be more expensive than the normal thing.

Every update feels for me more and more as an insult that Nodding Frog really thinks we are that stupid and spend money without thinking because an Eddie has a funny santa hat on.

For Xmas I think a buy myself a nice and real RPG like Wasteland 2 that I wanted to play forever and never had time to do. That is money well spent according to the reviews. But this game is becoming - I repeat myself - an insult to the fans of Iron Maiden.
    Last edited by hold; 12-22-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.

OS
    iOS

Hi Sparton

I was very excited yesterday when the news about a new update came in, shortly afterwards i was a little bit
    disappointed - again.
    when rumors came up about a christmas "event" i expected sth like the Halloween event. Just a little location with extra
    rewards to grind showcasing a snowy background battleing Evil Snowmen or sth like that.

Now we just have some funny characters we can achieve (like them though), but- is this relly all for christmas ?

Or do you have an ace up your sleeve ? I, and i think many, many others, would like some new content, stages areas
    or dungeouns, to lay their eyes on.

With PVP as main priority still far away i guess boredom will get to all Endgame-Players.
    Wouldn`t it be easier to focus on Brave new world to open first and PVP beta running
    behind the backs of the majority ? Or open PVP to more players. At least for those who have played
    through everything and have at least Level 70 or 80 or even 100 ?

Make LOTB interesting again, please.

Quote Originally Posted by hold View Post
    II am repeating myself but I still can't find any explanation why "put on thing in - get another thing out" is not adressed as this is clearly far easier than PVP. The engine is there - it's basically the Book of Souls again. There you put one thing in and 99% of the time get somthin very frustrating out. If sacrifice works like that it means you put a duplicate Mummy Eddie in that you pushed to 4* 80 you'll get 2 normal souls in return.
    There's no way you and others would be happy with something that doled out loot in the same way we already do... we wouldn't be solving the problem, we'd just be giving you more rolls to complain about. The other extreme (hand picking inputs with outputs) would be rife with the opportunity for manual error on our end, making some combinations not work, or better/worse than intended... and then the problem of needing to maintain all such data combinations with every piece of data introduced, which introduces way more overhead with creating new characters, talismans, or even kinds of items, which slows the development of everything moving forward. The area in between those two extremes - bucketing characters and items and governing general rules so that people feel like they can put something of value in and get something else of value they can appreciate - that may seem like it's just more Book of Souls, but figuring out those rules, figuring out what's appropriate to give, and making it so the system expands naturally as we add more content into the game is the real challenge, and is not something that can be added into the game in a fortnight.

Obviously delaying and putting in a bit more time isn't going to solve world hunger or get everyone to finally just admit that Metal is the best musical genre in the world (even though it is), but we're not interested in releasing a cop-out answer that is just better than selling for gold. It's a deceptively complex feature to deliver on in a way that will work for our game in the long run, and in a way that is accessible and understandable.

OS
    Android
    ... and then the problem of needing to maintain all such data combinations with every piece of data introduced, which introduces way more overhead with creating new characters, talismans, or even kinds of items, which slows the development of everything moving forward...
    OK, so why do you pump out new dangling carrots (new characters) every two weeks if it slows down everything else?

And that still does not answer the terrible RNG problem. Your answer contradicts itself in a way and is like throwing a smoke bomb to cover up for some stuff that Nodding Frog doesn't want to talk about (bad RNG / Xmas souls for 100) - or somebody is not allowed to talk about.

There's no way you and others would be happy with something that doled out loot in the same way we already do...
    Is this admitting that you know RNG is terrible? Or is that a hint that Nodding Frog thinks they are giving out enough loot?

Quote Originally Posted by maxdeviations View Post
    i thought i would wait a bit and open some souls when the event comes out. right now i opened 45 green souls 43 rare souls and 16 christmas souls and 2 legend souls.
    i got 1 5* character - magus dog king, completely useless not to mention my 2nd one. never used the first one either.
    rest all dupes. or useless christmas dogs. i ended up selling 90 of them. let me say that again .. 90 sold and out of over a 100 souls i get 1 5* dog. absolutely horrible.
    i thoguht i d get the red troll at least cause he is a 4* ... but no.
    sometimes i think your system knows what characters the player wants and never gives it to them. it just seems rigged.
    i have spent some money in the past - like 150 bucks + or so. this time around i did nt i just accumulated a lot over time. and good thing i did nt spend any money - just look at the results. lol
    i m so pissed that i m laughing.
    i know you guys are working hard but this is such a mindless cash grab system. this entire system of chance is just making fools of your userbase.
    you lost a paying customer - you aint getting a single penny from me.
    merry christmas
    Last edited by hold; 12-22-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    On the day you get your most wanted 5* character -> don't play the lottery! Your luck is exhausted.