Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    364
    It pays to be very clear here. The advertising is listed above with a 3-5* guarantee of any class w a chance to win an X-mas soul. Every soul yields a 3* or better. Some souls are christmas characters (I and others have them as proof). Thus, the adverising is true.

    Where we have an area regarding deception is that (as far as I am aware) there have been no honest representations of the odds. Consider these hypothetical odds:

    3:4 3* magus/sentinel/warrior
    1:10 3* gunner/assassin
    1:100 4* any class
    1:1,000 5* any class
    1:100 3* X-mas toon
    1:10,000 Coalgiver Eddie

    If these were factual, if these were disclosed, and if one had a soul motivation (pun) to spend $/resources for coalgiver, advance disclosure may dissuade any gamble or expenditure of resources given 1:10,000 odds. Concealing these odds is the deception.

    We all know there is a lottery system, but none knows how narrow the odds are. This is the idea in contracts where the meeting of the minds are required for a valid transaction. If one spends under the impression that a game of chance is 1:100 but the odds really are 1:50,000, there is no meeting of the minds. This is what is problematic about this game for me, and it may/may not have future ramifications down the line.

    lotteries have posted prize odds. There was earlier discussion of China requiring these games to post odds for similar reasons. This is where the point of contention lies... not from "false advertising" but "deceptive advertising" (the willful concealment of known odds on the basis that publication may negatively affect sales).
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)


    DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

    Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vegas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    43
    The courts in Australia didn't rule against Valve because the statements were false. The courts ruled against Valve because the ads were misleading.

    The courts in China are expected to be even stricter and when the courts rule in the various US states some are expected to include not just penalties but injunctions against sales.
    Erik-0726 1/50 avail 5* Allied Bomber Boy all skills maxed

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    364
    Fair enough, but while your point may have merit, your understanding of the issue is completely off...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy1974 View Post
    What do you consider not true or misleading ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInVegas View Post
    They're advertising "Christmas Souls" but what most people get is not Christmas Souls.

    Say you buy a box that says PlayStation. You get it home and it contains a brick instead.

    That's clearly fraud.

    They are NOT advertising X-mas souls (i.e., buy Xmas soul, receive Xmas character). They ARE advertising a chance for an Xmas soul, or 3-5* character from any class. Hence, you seem to misunderstand the clear wording of the promo and misconstrue the ad itself as fraud.

    Again, the REAL issue is that people don't know what they are buying... not because of the "misleading words of the ad" as you put it, but because they are not forthcoming about the odds, which if disclosed may cost them many sales due to the potential remoteness of scoring certain desirable characters.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)


    DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

    Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vegas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Fair enough, but while your point may have merit, your understanding of the issue is completely off...

    They are NOT advertising X-mas souls (i.e., buy Xmas soul, receive Xmas character). They ARE advertising a chance for an Xmas soul, or 3-5* character from any class. Hence, you seem to misunderstand the clear wording of the promo and misconstrue the ad itself as fraud.

    Again, the REAL issue is that people don't know what they are buying... not because of the "misleading words of the ad" as you put it, but because they are not forthcoming about the odds, which if disclosed may cost them many sales due to the potential remoteness of scoring certain desirable characters.

    When people thought they were clever selling XBox boxes on ebay what did the police do to those people?

    Why?

    How does ebay treat these types of auctions today?

    Why?

    They're not being clever, they're just being dishonest and if they don't police themselves eventually the government will step in and do it.
    Erik-0726 1/50 avail 5* Allied Bomber Boy all skills maxed

  5. #15
    Senior Member Vertax616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInVegas View Post
    When people thought they were clever selling XBox boxes on ebay what did the police do to those people?

    Why?

    How does ebay treat these types of auctions today?

    Why?

    They're not being clever, they're just being dishonest and if they don't police themselves eventually the government will step in and do it.
    I don't understand the logic you have here. Using your exemple, they don't sell Xbox boxes. They sell tickets that gives various consoles like Gameboys, Nintento Wii's etc.
    But these tickets have greater chance for getting "XBox". They don't guarantee that you will "definetly" get an Xbox.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikInVegas View Post
    When people thought they were clever selling XBox boxes on ebay what did the police do to those people?

    Why?

    How does ebay treat these types of auctions today?

    Why?

    They're not being clever, they're just being dishonest and if they don't police themselves eventually the government will step in and do it.

    Take these "people" you are are supposedly referring to...

    Did such ads say the the following or something substantially similar:

    Here's your chance to win an X-box for only $__! That's right, you have a guaranteed chance of getting the box with not shit in it, but your bid could also win you an X-box game, a controller or even the complete X-box!




    If these ads did not have language to the exact same effect as what I wrote (and we both know they did NOT), then your analogy does not apply whatsoever.

    Why? Because the promo you are bitching about does not say "Win Christmas eddie or a holiday character with an Xmas soul" with no further language whatsoever, though I am beginning to think that is as far as you have bothered to read/retain. If they showed Holiday characters and said "only available through holiday souls" with no further explanation about the promo, your analogy would apply where someone takes a picture of a box with no explanation that there is no console within. However, it is very clear from the EXPLICIT language of the promo that participants stand a chance to win a 3* - 5* character from any class, including gunners and assassins, UNLIKE those ads you claim, which merely show the picture with no explanation that it is merely the box.





    This is the second time I have spent time fully explaining this for you now.
    There will not be a third time. If you can't understand it by this point, you either have a serious reading comprehension issue or you aren't even bothering to fully read the responses made to your thread.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)


    DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

    Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Hypnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Ireland
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    This is the second time I have spent time fully explaining this for you now.[/U] There will not be a third time. If you can't understand it by this point, you either have a serious reading comprehension issue or...
    Something tells me you wouldn't make a great maths tutor, FlyingV!

    Seriously though, if he can't grasp this whole concept then he's either just stubborn or a troll.
    mammy-7388

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    it is entirely possible you could never get what you want from an infinite number of souls.
    I don't think you grasp the concept of infinity.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •