Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wickerman

OS
    iOS

Wickerman

I scored a Wickerman the other day and had read great things about him. ATK/DEF buff and AOE attack? Sounded great!

Quickly worked him to Lvl 100 with 5 maxed Fierce/Safeguard Talismans and the mandatory green, and was fairly unimpressed.

Yes, his passive is nice, but his damage was really underwhelming. Warrior Golden Son hits much harder (having trouble scoring the assassin GS I want!). Neither have skillshards invested yet

Seeing him as more of a support character - anyone have him dealing impressive damage?

Don't have a troll, but used my Troopers, with their passive and great damage they also seem to smoke the Wickerman

What am I missing here?
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I thought the commonly accepted Talisman loadout of the Wicker Man was 2 Stone Overwhelming, 2 Iron and 2 Guardian (either Fierce or Safeguard). Because his primary attack scales with DEF, and his DEF at lv100 is significantly higher than his ATK

IDK though, I haven't really started on mine.
    Last edited by Kardas; 11-21-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    I can't remember the optimal talisman setup exactly. I do remember that iron talismans gave less of a calculated bonus than guardian fierce because guardian fierce buffs attack 20% of his absurdly high defence. Strength buffs 15% of the lesser attack value, and iron talismans I think buff 15% of defence which is great, but the formula is almost always sum of (i.e. Attack + defence), which means you'll get a 5% higher bonus from the guardian set. I had no way of calculating the damage formula for this character due to the unknown effect of enemy defense on damage received, but I've seen this sum of formula on many other characters. Another one of note is characters that scale "Max HP" I also suspect this is a "sum of" set bonus and does not in fact scale max HP, but a percent max base HP plus attack and/or magic (which completely negates stacking green talismans to increase damage output).
    In short, where the wickerman really starts to shine for me is his two AoE damage attacks, no matter what, he will always produce damage and not flake out by using an either useless, or poorly timed power attack (like my hellhound always healing on the first turn). Wickerman has a power ability that does huge damage as well, and the passive is money on an auto farm team. I was using wickerman on almost every autofarm team along with soldier Eddie who he has great synergy with. These two pair great with the PSS who also has two AoE damage abilities ->they shred waves.
    Hope that helps.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    I thought the commonly accepted Talisman loadout of the Wicker Man was 2 Stone Overwhelming, 2 Iron and 2 Guardian (either Fierce or Safeguard). Because his primary attack scales with DEF, and his DEF at lv100 is significantly higher than his ATK

IDK though, I haven't really started on mine.
    That's the build I'm using on mine. I've seen him hit for well over 30k before if both debuffs stick and he has the Alliance General buff. I do have skills maxed, but not all talismans. Two guardian sets might be better though, as I haven't tried that yet.

Basically he really shines with skill upgrades because the debuffs stick much more often in addition to higher damage.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for the analysis - harder for me to test out Talisman combos with the cruddy Rune drop rate, but I'll play around a little more. Had a couple Safeguard talismans that made no sense, so now all Fierce

Great point about his Power - can't stand when the computer makes idiot moves with Power abilities

My Angel of Fear works great on farming, but wanted some variety so may need to just test him out more.
    Last edited by Nicko; 11-22-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    It's also interesting how his AOE basic attack works. Every other AOE attack I've seen does equal damage to all targets of the same type. I'm finding with the Wickerman, the intended target takes a pretty good hit while the other enemies in the party take minimal damage, even if they're the exact same type as the highlighted target

Bug? Or intended?
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Think of his basic attack more as a single target attack that does splash damage instead of aoe attack. I think it's meant to be that way. True area attacks can apply debuffs to all enemies instead of just one target, and his basic attack does not.

All in all, he makes a good autofarm partner for the red bat. Alliance General is probably the ideal autofarm partner for the red bat, but they are pretty close. I have all three, and they all have their uses.
    Reeb99-9320

OS
    Android
    Doesn't seem like a bug, if you watch the damage numbers the target gets hit twice, once with a load of damage, and once which deals less but hits all. It's like a weird single target/aoe mix.

As said above, with maxed out skills this guy hits like a truck, and with soldier Eddie and alliance general can deal some insane damage to the whole group. The debuffs happen pretty reliably with skills maxed, and with a pure damage team he works wonders.
    Switch-2264
    Trooper list full, but will try to accept new requests when I can.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Doesn't seem like a bug, if you watch the damage numbers the target gets hit twice, once with a load of damage, and once which deals less but hits all. It's like a weird single target/aoe mix.

As said above, with maxed out skills this guy hits like a truck, and with soldier Eddie and alliance general can deal some insane damage to the whole group. The debuffs happen pretty reliably with skills maxed, and with a pure damage team he works wonders.
    He is my go to attacker and seems to be scaling up well with defense. I am looking towards upgrading a 4 pack of iron to put on him in addition to stone. I might go with meteor instead so we'll see. He is my main trooper and racks up a great deal of trooper points for me.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    He is my go to attacker and seems to be scaling up well with defense. I am looking towards upgrading a 4 pack of iron to put on him in addition to stone. I might go with meteor instead so we'll see. He is my main trooper and racks up a great deal of trooper points for me.
    I'd use at least one guardian set (the red one with the wing) as you'll be missing out on a huge attack boost if you don't. His defense is insanely high at level 100 (900 some) and guardian boosts attack by 20% of defense. Maybe even two sets. Any attack that says physical damage but scales with defense actually scales with both attack and defense. The wording is just a little confusing.
    Reeb99-9320