Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Here is the "real" Alliance General - Just a guess

Well, i guess i have also found out who is the Alliance General. But i am not completely sure.

If you haven't see my other thread about the "real" Axis Commander (Aka Corrupt General), you can check it here:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...rrupt-General)

Maybe some of you have guessed already who could be. During my little research about Axis and Alliance sides of World War II, i couldn't find anyone more look a like than him at Allied side.

My guess about "real" Alliance General is "Josef Stalin"

Name:  alliance-general.png
Views: 1367
Size:  703.8 KB
    Last edited by osiris0000; 01-06-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Not as bang on as the Commander... but it seems like a fine theory to me.

Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    It wouldn't make a lot of sense though. Stalin was Soviet, so he'd command Soviet troops, but when you look at the uniforms of the Allied Soldiers, both are clearly British.

Seeing that von Arnim was active in the North African front in WW2 though got me to scour that article, and I found two other possible candidates:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold...ander_of_Tunis
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Auchinleck
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    It wouldn't make a lot of sense though. Stalin was Soviet, so he'd command Soviet troops, but when you look at the uniforms of the Allied Soldiers, both are clearly British.

Seeing that von Arnim was active in the North African front in WW2 though got me to scour that article, and I found two other possible candidates:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold...ander_of_Tunis
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Auchinleck
    Well, i wasn't sure about if he is Stalin. This is just a theory

Allied Soldier uniforms make sense because Britain was at Allied side.
    On the other hand, Soviet soldiers also had similar uniforms:

Name:  Soviet-uniform-3.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  93.7 KB

But there is one point to consider about Soviets: They were at Axis side from start, then they have turned into Allied side after.
    Which means Britain and Soviets were at same side as Allies in the end - and in this case Stalin qualifies as a candidate.

And i don't think Axis Commander is a British person, because Britain was not at Axis side.
    It is so obvious "General Jurgin von Arnim" is the man, since he was a real Axis General.

Corrupt General also have big ears and same body posture as von Arnim - they are pretty look-a-like.
    And yes, there is some little exceptions: he is shaved and have shiny eyes & galaxy belly in the game
    Last edited by osiris0000; 01-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

OS
    Android
    My bad; what I meant with the links is that they might be the inspiration for the Allied General.

Like this shot of Harold Alexander: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold...ies_TR2696.jpg
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    My bad; what I meant with the links is that they might be the inspiration for the Allied General.

Like this shot of Harold Alexander: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold...ies_TR2696.jpg
    Wow, good find! He also look pretty much like Alliance General and maybe a better candidate than Stalin.
    Because since he was at North African front during WW II, probably he meet with Axis General Jurgin von Arnim at same war-zone.
    Very interesting stuff is coming up when we dig deeper

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    Well, i wasn't sure about if he is Stalin. This is just a theory

Allied Soldier uniforms make sense because Britain was at Allied side.
    On the other hand, Soviet soldiers also had similar uniforms:

But there is one point to consider about Soviets: They were at Axis side from start, then they have turned into Allied side after.
    Which means Britain and Soviets were at same side as Allies in the end - and in this case Stalin qualifies as a candidate.
    hitler felt like a genius general he took over the commando and lead the army into many desasters.
    but stalin let real generals decide for him, so he wasn't a general at all even if the soviet propaganda lied about that.
    The uniform looks also very british for me too. in addition too this it would really be very tasteless if they would choose stalin,
    since he is one of the biggest massmurders in history. that's why i really doubt that it's stalin.

anyway nice discussion

EDIT i looked at the uniforms of the generals, not of the soldiers, so i think it has to be a british one:

soviet generals WWII:

Name:  2017-01-07 15_36_05-soviet general ww2 - Google-Suche.png
Views: 1745
Size:  1.79 MB

british gererals wwII

Name:  2017-01-07 15_37_49-british general ww2 - Google-Suche.png
Views: 1627
Size:  1.30 MB

alliance general:
    Name:  2017-01-07 15_38_37-Compilation of maximized characters.png
Views: 724
Size:  188.7 KB
    Last edited by slauki; 01-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    hitler felt like a genius general he took over the commando and lead the army into many desasters.
    but stalin let real generals decide for him, so he wasn't a general at all even if the soviet propaganda lied about that.
    The uniform looks also very british for me too. in addition too this it would really be very tasteless if they would choose stalin,
    since he is one of the biggest massmurders in history. that's why i really doubt that it's stalin.

anyway nice discussion

EDIT i looked at the uniforms of the generals, not of the soldiers, so i think it has to be a british one:

british gererals wwII

Name:  2017-01-07 15_37_49-british general ww2 - Google-Suche.png
Views: 1627
Size:  1.30 MB

alliance general:
    Name:  2017-01-07 15_38_37-Compilation of maximized characters.png
Views: 724
Size:  188.7 KB

Very good points slauki, especially the british general uniforms says a lot about the identity of Alliance General.

OS
    Android
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but anyone thought about Adrian Carton De Wiart... Notre sure how to post picture just Google it, he's a general & the ressemblance is striking, the eye patch, the uniform... Even the missing hand is there (other arm though) on some pictures he look exactly like the Allied General!

*Edit, think he's in the list shown up there, just younger without his many injuries...

(If anyone is nice enough to put a picture it would be real nice )
    Last edited by Sag7272; 01-30-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but anyone thought about Adrian Carton De Wiart... Notre sure how to post picture just Google it, he's a general & the ressemblance is striking, the eye patch, the uniform... Even the missing hand is there (other arm though) on some pictures he look exactly like the Allied General!

*Edit, think he's in the list shown up there, just younger without his many injuries...

(If anyone is nice enough to put a picture it would be real nice )
    Here are the best two I could find:

Name:  42502.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  250px-Sir_Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart_by_Sir_William_Orpen.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  22.1 KB

Up the Irons!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools