Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Rare soul pricing way too high?

If you buy the "best value" rare mega pack you get 10 rare souls for $20 worth of ironite. That puts the lowest price for a rare soul at $2. From my experience and what I've read the drop rate for a 4* character is 1 in 10, and a 5* is 1 in 50 at best. That puts the value of a single 4* character at $20! And a 5* character is worth $100! On top of that half of the 4* characters and many of the 5* characters aren't even that good, and you often get duplicates. Now I really enjoy the game and think there's a lot of potential in the future, but this kind of pricing seems crazy to me. Of course you can not spend any money and get lucky, but a big part of the enjoyment of this game for me is getting the characters I want to build my team and invest the very hard earned and limited resources I have to level them up. What do you guys think?

It's just one of the games that have expensive sales. If you are playing lots of games on mobile and/or facebook-kongrate and etc you know how it goes....
    I find the prices also a bit high for what they offer but anyway I've seen far worse pricing. Just wait for offers, such as this one currently running with the Legendary bundle stuff
    Atheist-5225
    Daily Player - Using all my troopers.... Sharing a powerful Nomad! and more.... but my Nomad is the best!
    Add me now!!!! (....if you want.... :P )

OS
    Android
    It's almost like you've never played a freemium game before.

The good thing aout this game you don't NEED to buy any pack to play it, it's optional. You can finish the game without spending money (I did).

I think that people compare apples with oranges, and it's obviusly an unfair comparison, you for example compare this game with console games.

Do you play CoD or any other game like that? Do you buy supply drops?
    Do you play CS:GO? Do you buy boxes?
    Do you play NFS? Do you buy DLCs?

See where I'm going?

I do think that Legendary Souls should only drop 5*s. But I don't think the pricing is too high, because you don't NEED to buy it. It's a "luxury".

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

The good thing aout this game you don't NEED to buy any pack to play it, it's optional. You can finish the game without spending money (I did).

I think that people compare apples with oranges, and it's obviusly an unfair comparison, you for example compare this game with console games.

See where I'm going?

I do think that Legendary Souls should only drop 5*s. But I don't think the pricing is too high, because you don't NEED to buy it. It's a "luxury".
    CoD? CS:Go? NFS? Which one of these is actually a flash or mobile game? Nobody said about console games, on the contrary I'm talking about Flash games and mobile ones such as LoA (league of angels), DotD (Dawn fo the Dragons), SW (summoners war), MAA (marvel avengers alliance) and this kind of games....
    Last edited by Lamia; 08-10-2016 at 05:13 AM.
    Atheist-5225
    Daily Player - Using all my troopers.... Sharing a powerful Nomad! and more.... but my Nomad is the best!
    Add me now!!!! (....if you want.... :P )

4* drop rate is a lot lower than one in ten. That seems to be the 3* from 2* soul rate.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    CoD? CS:Go? NFS? Which one of these is actually a flash or mobile game? Nobody said about console games, on the contrary I'm talking about Flash games and mobile ones such as LoA (league of angels), DotD (Dawn fo the Dragons), SW (summoners war), MAA (marvel avengers alliance) and this kind of games....
    if I did not quote your post it means I'm responding to the OP. Your post came out as I was redacting mine.
    Last edited by Lamia; 08-10-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

See where I'm going?

The only other freemium game I played a lot was Sky Force reloaded. The game is 100% satisfying without buying anything but for something like $2 you can remove the ads and for another $2 you can double the amount of stars (in game currency) you get per level to make it easier/faster to upgrade your ship. They don't offer anything for more than $5 I believe. On console games I do occasionally buy DLC, but $20 worth of DLC on a console game is usually a new level, a new area to explore, or guaranteed new weapons/items. Spending $20 in this game gives you a tiny chance at a decent character, but most likely will not add anything to your game experience other than regret and frustration.

OS
    Android
    I agree that the "chance at a better character" should be removed and give instead a 5*. But I really dont feel that this pack is expensive, because you are not only getting a legendary soul, but also 4 rare souls and 1500 ironites. Maybe if we actually got 2 5*s we'd be saying "this pack is amazing".

Unfortunately this is not the case. I've played a lot of freemium games. I used to play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and maaaan, that game was terrible. And I've spent a lot of money there. I think it's too soon to question prices in this game. It's only been a month since global release, for now I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. I'm really enjoying the game and as I said before, you don't need to buy to win.

Legacy
    OS
    Android
    Itīs only really sad that chances are so low. As comparison: I bought the 4k Ironite pack and had 50 Ironite left from grinding, thus efficiently giving me 60 (!) rare souls, 4 were 4* the rest 3* with lots of duplicates. I was hoping to get at least a 5* one and got disappointed, so statistically the chance on a 5* character is below 1%, as well as the chance on a 4* one. Itīs also already determined what you get from your souls and a "reset" would not change that.

I wouldn't even spend ironite on souls at this point - free or paid. You can get 4 rare souls a week from Trooper points.