Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Reaction to LOTB State of the Union and suggestions

Hi Leviathan and LOTB Dev team,

I wanted to thank you for sharing the year's roadmap in this week's announcement on the forum. It is great to be aware of what's coming and especially for some of us who have pretty much achieved most of the interesting parts of the game and are just missing a few characters for our collection.

It helps us shape and define strategies on what to collect and farm for to be ready for the upcoming features. For instance the Fragmented Characters approached has clearly changed the way I am dealing with Trooper points :-)

One observation though for some of the newer players who haven't been there since day one and are seeing a massive gap between our teams and theirs it may seem and actually be impossible to reach the kind of inventories that most of us are sporting without spending a fortune in cash on the game.

A few months ago, Rare Souls were dropping in regular levels and it wasn't uncommon to finish a day of farming with an extra 15 Rare Souls. These have been suppressed on the premise of augmenting the chances to get better characters out of Rare Souls (obtainable only very rarely through Dungeons or Secret Locations which are impossible to get to for newcomers) but I must admit that I haven't seen any changes to the RNG odds on Rare Souls, they still mostly results in "unwanted low stars characters" or Dupes... with that in mind, I think you should really be thinking of re-introducing these as standards drops in standard quests.

Another way is to maybe also propose some of the rarer Eddies (like Cyborg, Vampire Hunter and Viking) as 3 Stars characters for short periods of time (one Eddie per Day for a week every month for instance) in order to give everyone a fair chance of at least getting them. The work will happen when they build up their skills and they will find a goal to their grinding and farming.

In reality, building and getting Eddies is what gets us Maiden fans excited :-)

Keep up the good work and Up the Irons 🤘🏻

-- Written 30ft over the Alps somewhere between Nice and Zurich listening to Live After Death --
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    I'm totally agree with Patrice-1201

Concerning the rare souls, it must be understood that the main interest in the game for longtime players is to collect new characters, and especially Eddies.

But these days, its very hard to get these rare souls (maybe 1 or 2 by weeks from secret location and 1 or 2 others if you use all the ironite you can win for that)

With this drope rate and the terrible RNG, it seems to be impossible to get missing characters.
    ( i just bought 35 rare souls and use 2 legendary and got any new toons, so i have no hope to get them with 3-4 souls/week :/ )

Re-introduce them with good drop rate as normal rewards (maybe in the higher madness quests) should be a great thing for us
    Another way should be to non-allow a rare souls to give us more than X times (5 times? 10 times?) the same character

Hope that the future sacrifice feature will be great for us

Other the game is great and i really appreciate that the dev's team is listen to the players' suggests and also that they frequently inform us about the next features !

OS
    iOS
    They must have made SOME adjustments. Seems like every other player in the arena has a Prisoner now...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    As much as I would like to see an enhanced drop rate of rare souls, I find that 15 per day would be too much. Just to open them would be nearly impossible due to lack of gold, especially for the new players.
    Regarding the RNG I think it is somehow okay, because a rare char should be a little hard to come by. Otherwise it would be common. And the satisfaction of getting a long wanted char is so much higher when it feels like an achievement to get it imho.
    Besides, it is not impossible to beat the RNG. I visited an account, Jeff-3007 I think it was, and there I found evidence that it is not impossible to beat the RNG. He has 3 Viking Eddies @@, 3 Rainmaker Eddies @@ and 3 Tailgunner Eddies @@. These are all Eddies many of us have not even 1 sample of 😅.
    He has no Cyborg Eddie nor a warrior troll though. My guess is that he has been opening warrior souls in a hunt for the warrior troll during the Christmas event cuz he has, hold on to something, 16!!! Coalgiver Eddies. Insane 😰. I opened 22 Christmas Souls without getting just 1. Did get FotD and Cotd (assasin) though, 2 new chars to me, so I was okay with that. I go to his account every now and then in a hope his RNG luck will rub off on me 😄

Happy new year everyone 🎉
    Cheers

P.S. Jeff, if my subsumption is correct I wish you the best of luck getting that warrior troll (want 1 too myself, got 2 assasin trolls)

OS
    Android
    Well written Patrice... I have to agree with you and even though I have recently made a legendary purchase, I find myself not so interested in opening the chances of winning (or losing) rare and legendary souls, knowing that the drop rates and frequency of rare characters being summoned have become incredibly low...

My hope in saving rare and legendary souls is that they may somehow be turned into a fragment or some type of better character obtaining system down the road as opposed to a cluttered traffic jam of duplicate characters in my inventory.

Being given the knowledge we all share through these forums, I would think newer players will be very leary of pulling the trigger on in game purchases.

My question is, how many souls must have been opened to obtain these rare characters by those who have recently summoned Caregiver or Viking Eddie, or the Prisoner and Corrupt General for that matter? I'm sure very few were lucky enough to obtain them in a timely or affordable fashion. Reading through the many frustrated departing posts, I can only imagine and have no desire to go through the same type of disappointment as I play the game for enjoyment, not to feel robbed of my sanity.

Is this really the intention of the development team? I like to think not and would again suggest a monthly firewagon event that, somewhat like the Bonfire event a few months ago, gives a higher probability to summon certain high profile characters. I feel something has to be done between now and the time PvP launches and... if Sacrifice is to come after the fact, should it not have come first?

Cheers!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

I love the idea of spending trooper points to get new characters! PLEASE don't make me play PvP to buy a specific fragment! I'm having a hard time using my 48 troopers in a day. Since u can't use troopers in the Arena I haven't played it much.

So hard waiting for Sacrifice option! Please add that asap!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    With this drope rate and the terrible RNG, it seems to be impossible to get missing characters.
    ( i just bought 35 rare souls and use 2 legendary and got any new toons, so i have no hope to get them with 3-4 souls/week :/ )
    Interesting you mention that. I have been debating since New Year whether to buy a Mariner's bonus pack, spend the Ironite on 3 of the Rare Soul packs and spend a load of Trooper points on 5xWarrior, 5xSentinel and 5xMagus souls. That would be pretty close to 50 souls. The thing is I just don't trust the RNG enough to do it. My luck hasn't been great with RNG so I am still thinking I would be better keeping my wallet in my pocket and spending the money on something else I would get some enjoyment from.

My thinking is "New Year, new luck" but I know it won't work that way! I might still do it but use this as a last chance saloon for Nodding Frog and LotB in regard to me spending money on the game. If I spend the money and get shit then that will be it for me as a paying player and I will be free to play only. Need to think a bit more about this to be honest

OS
    iOS
    Below is the answer I received on these from the LOTB team:

Thank you for the feedback Patrice! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our State of the Nation on the forums.

These are also excellent suggestions, and I've sent this all over to the team for consideration.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know!

Encouraging 🤘🏻

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    I really like the idea of the rare Eddies dropping as 3 stars on special occasions. I've actually thought about mentioning that myself. In the past I have saw a 3 star Visions and Samurai, Vampire Hunter and Cyborg as 4 stars on some peoples teams

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    I really like the idea of the rare Eddies dropping as 3 stars on special occasions. I've actually thought about mentioning that myself. In the past I have saw a 3 star Visions and Samurai, Vampire Hunter and Cyborg as 4 stars on some peoples teams
    It just makes sense, people are giving up farming for Souls which lead to Rare Characters but people will be more than happy to build these characters up and will keep playing just for this.

I see a huge drop of activity from my Troopers, even the early faithfuls Lvl 100... There is nothing new to gain... and belief me those who stop playing do not have a full roster...