Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

[Devs please read] The grinding system is beyond broken. NOT A RANT.

As many of you may know, I've been having a lot of problems getting a SINGLE gunner shard. I grinded more than 400 fights in about 4 days and I got it a few hours back.
    I wanted to get the shard before I created this post, because I didn't want it to be a rant about drop rates or RNG.

The problem with the shards is not the drop rate (I'll explain at the end) but the lack of places to farm those shards. Right now you can "find any shard on any level" even though some levels show specific shards on their drop rate tab. And that's super broken.

In my 400 fight I got shard from every color, I needed ONE yellow, and I got reds, blues, greens, purples and multicolors ones.

THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!! That's whats wrong with the grinding system. There's no other game like this out there, in any other game you have levels or missions to grind the material you need. This free for all should not exist.

Another thing that's wrong is that harder levels do not give a better chance a getting those shards than the easier ones (Yeah, I'm sure). And I know this because I get more shards from Hard than Madness, I chose to grind Underworld Madness because the gold is a lot better.

I say the drop rate is not the problem because since I unlocked Underworld I got 58 3* shards,

22 multicolor
    4 green
    6 red
    4 blue
    6 yellow
    16 purple (YEEEEAH!!!! 16)

That's amazing!!!! BUT they where all worthless since I wanted to level up Soldier Eddie. I did not have any good characters for all those other shards, or not the ones I wanted.

SO. This problem has a really simple solution. Implement dedicated levels to farm shards so we know where to go. Remove this free for all nonsense. Don't give "higher chances at getting X shard". Make them exclusive to levels.

We all love the game, in fact, after getting that shard I decided to start spending some money. We want this game to have a long life and multiple updates.
    Please don't take this as a rant, it is not. I, and we as a community just want to help and make the game better. I personally think that this is a great way for you to show interest and willingness to change and make things better.

Why is this a problem? What if they tell you that you can only get your gunner shard on Toys of Death on Hard, but the rate isn't any better than it is now?

You're still at the mercy of RNG, but under your system you're losing out on gold, exp, and any other shards.

You'd actually make it MORE grind-y, as you wouldn't be able to procure shards as you progress, or indeed get ones you might need later.

The only way your system would work is if they increased the drop rates significantly in these specific levels, but it'd still be more grinding than the current system.

OS
    Android
    EVERY game works like that. If you need something you don't play every level until you get it, you go to the designated level and grind it.

This way it's like you are chasing the shards, when in fact they should be in one place.

And you did not understand what I wrote... I said "shards should be exclusive to levels" NOT CHAPTERS. You have like 12 different levels in every chapter, no progress will be stoped.

OS
    Android
    You've been farming for 2 2* green shards for two days, right? What if I told you there's ONE level that guarantes those shards? Wouldn't you play it?

I'm sure you wouldn't. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    EVERY game works like that. If you need something you don't play every level until you get it, you go to the designated level and grind it.

This way it's like you are chasing the shards, when in fact they should be in one place.

And you did not understand what I wrote... I said "shards should be exclusive to levels" NOT CHAPTERS. You have like 12 different levels in every chapter, no progress will be stoped.
    Sure it will. You're saying that Shards ONLY drop on one specific level. If I want that shard, I can't go anywhere else until I get it, unless I want to give up shard hunting. That means no progress.

With the current system, I can find the shard I need on any of a number of levels, though I have no idea if the rates are the same. That allows me to keep clearing the "story" while keeping an eye out for shards.

I'd rather get 1% at any level than 1% only on one level. I'd love to see the rates brought up some (more), but I'd hate to see it all confined to one level unless the rates were much higher on that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You've been farming for 2 2* green shards for two days, right? What if I told you there's ONE level that guarantes those shards? Wouldn't you play it?

I'm sure you wouldn't. Right?
    Of course I would. I'm still down one. But right now ALL levels supposedly drop them, just at abysmal rates. Not sure how restricting that to one level is better, unless (again) that rates are a lot higher - like 25% chance.

OS
    Android
    I'm sure you got other shards while farming for that ONE you need. Right?

The general drop rate is not "abysmal"... The SPECIFIC drop rate is abysmal, because every level drops every shard.

The chances of getting the ONE shard you need is higher because right now you can get any shard on any level. If you had the chance to get only ONE shard in that level you would get THAT shard in the same amount of time that takes you now to get ANY shard.

Understand?

Edit:

I just came out with the simplest explanation.

Let's say that the current drop rate is now 10%

That means that statistically every 10 matches you'll get a shard. Right now, you have a 10% at getting a blue, a red, a green, a yellow or a purple. All those shards in a 10%. So the chances at getting the one you need are less.

BUT if you had specific shards assigned to specific levels every 10 fights you would get the shard that YOU need.

For example, from tomorrow the level "Toys of death" will only drop 2* green shards. With the SAME drop rate, if you play 10 times you'll get a shard.

I'm pretty sure it's clear enough. I can't make it more simple.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 07-30-2016 at 08:56 PM.

As written in your last post, that'd be a welcome change for sure.

Great post, this highlights one of the biggest issues in the game. If you don't get lucky and get good characters from rare souls you should be able to upgrade your existing characters/talismans by grinding in a reasonable amount of time. It shouldn't take 4 days of constant grinding for a specific shard, it should be more predictable. I've been farming 2 star rainbow evolution runes almost constantly for 4 days and it only dropped once. I got a ton of 1* and a bunch of 3*, but not the ones I need. This prevents me from upgrading any talismans to 3*. I also love your proposed solution.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Good idea, man. Hope they take it up.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools