Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I for one love the idea of dedicated stages for grinding required materials. Most games work that way and it's because that is the most fair way to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

I say the drop rate is not the problem because since I unlocked Underworld I got 58 3* shards,

22 multicolor
    4 green
    6 red
    4 blue
    6 yellow
    16 purple (YEEEEAH!!!! 16)
    Did you get your four 3* blues in Madness Underworld?

OS
    Android
    You clearly did not read the post... Stop posting off topic things in this post. Please.

I've been playing this non-stop since release (level 53), and am now just mindlessly auto-grinding Battlefield madness and underworld hard. Still haven't gathered enough blue evo shards to evolve my super lucky 4-star character draw to level 5. It's getting not fun anymore. Despite what the devs said, it feels like the only way to progress is to pay for upgrade chances. I don't mind supporting the game with a reasonable amount of money for the entertainment value it provides as a mobile game time-killer, like say maybe 5-10 bucks, or even $15-20 if it's really enjoyable. I understand it takes money to develop and support. However, like a lot of f2p games the pricing feels downright exploitative, especially considering it's like you're playing a slot machine with the random element, which was my fear when the game was announced. I don't feel like wasting my time and gambling away more than I'd ever spend on a single non-f2p game. When you see stuff like "Best value - $99.99" for consumables in the in-game store it feels super-gross. That's the nature of f2p, I guess, and why this game is my only exception because of the Maiden theme. I usually avoid these f2p games like the plague. Anyway, just my gut impressions as a first-time f2p rpg game user. It definitely needs some tweaking in the drop area to make it feel less sketchy.
    Last edited by SrG; 08-01-2016 at 02:21 PM.

OS
    Android
    SrG: the thing is, if you spend money you still don't get the things you need to evolve, you still have to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    SrG: the thing is, if you spend money you still don't get the things you need to evolve, you still have to grind.
    Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles, but in a round about way if you have to buy ironite. I shouldn't have burned all of mine on the rare souls bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by SrG View Post
    Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles, but in a round about way if you have to buy ironite. I shouldn't have burned all of mine on the rare souls bundles.
    The pay options are weird right now. Ironite is almost a waste on rare souls, since you get 4 per week for free just using Troopers. And that's not counting the daily logins and the ironite just from playing.

I've probably used close to 40 rare souls now (normal as well as special), and have yet to get a 4* or 5*. I'd never pay for rare souls at that rate. The conversion rate for Ironite to Gold is poor too...and you get a bunch of gold from secret levels. That only really leaves Sands refills.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by SrG View Post
    Yeah, although, you can get some of the stuff you need via the evo bundles
    Not to get from 4 > 5 you can't. Or not enough of it to make it worth buying them, anyway.

And yeah, Trystangst, you're right, it's odd. But somebody must be paying for the pay options or they would change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    Not to get from 4 > 5 you can't. Or not enough of it to make it worth buying them, anyway.
    I need a couple 2* ones, so it would help, but yeah, not worth it.

OS
    iOS
    Im with you Gonzo. Playing since day 1, level 57. I play everyday, use all 50 of my troopers. Spent about 50 bucks so far on ironite. Cleared every zone and farm Underworld Hard/Madness exclusively for my 3* Soldier Evo Shards and still don't have enough. Have evolved my Possessed Mine because I had so many 3* Assassin Evo Shards. Totals to date of 3* Evo Shards

2 Green
    3 Blue
    2 yellow
    9 Red
    14 Purple (that is after I evolved Possessed Mine!)
    15 Rainbow (Again that is after I evolved Possessed Mine)

Not sure what else I can do but farm. It would be nice if they could change the grind as per your suggestion.