Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    If you attack a Prisoner/DM combo without a Prisoner and they have a Golden Son on the team, I don't think a cleanser will help if you go second - cause he'll be frozen too.
    Well I ment with a single hit chance like against all non Golden sons...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Yeah I don't like seeing characters nerfed. It feels like we're going backwards when that happens. I thought the purple pyro people eater had the same passive as the DM. Your saying they don't work the same? thats odd.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    So according to some guys I'm a whinner because I say Prisoner has no counter...

Even when top players say they never attack someone without a Prisoner themselves, and 7 outta 10 players in top have a Prisoner...

So it's simple. Dev teams start takikng statistics on the winning percentage of teams with him.

C'mon guys, Prisoner alone is fine, but couple him with one or two toons and you know you'll win almost 100% of the time. You know he has no counter, even with a fully maxed team you will lose if you go second no matter what you throw at him.

Or leave it as it is, when the release of PvP goes global it will be 10 outta 10 players with Prisoner and it'll be decided by who goes first anyway.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Frost, I often go for second against prisoner, troll and CG, and due my corr rescuer gunner or just a bit of luck, I hold the opposite team winning the match. It's all about some key strategy steps, even the order of attack opposite team, for instance. U never know...

OS
    iOS
    Agree Shaolin85london I beat The prisoner going second with character selection and a bit of luck. Definitely a challenge, but doable. Yesterday I had a number of "top 5" prisoner hits and faired ok.

OS
    iOS
    Well regarding the prisoner he does have a counter and that's to have a prisoner yourself
    Blame the RNG not the mechanics
    As for always winning if goes first that is not correct
    Going first does gives an advantage to whatever team you have but is not gaurenteed by any means

OS
    iOS
    What we are saying Frost is don't give up hope. Keep trying different strategies and improving your team. It can be done bud!

OS
    Android
    one further argument against the prisoner...

once you have him in this state of the game, you will put him into your defense, no matter what. He is a must have atm if you want to have a great defense.
    Yeah there are more great defenses without him, but he is the most powerfull character in PVP atm.
    So if nothing changes in a few months 90% of all defenses will have a prisoner in it, because there is no way around. That's the best proof how imbalanced the situation is atm. Once you got him he is part of your team. We need at least one or two more characters with the same passive and things would be better i think. Or if the passive removes also the own passives things would also be better IMO.

Nicko mentioned several times, that prisoners are popping up like mad in PVP. IMO that's a big bias. They are not popping up like mad, it's simply
    that the guys who have him, will be at the top of the PVP leaderbord most likely. So most you see is prisoners out there in the top 25.

Do you really want to play against same defenses again and again? This is really hurting the game dynamics.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    Nicko mentioned several times, that prisoners are popping up like mad in PVP. IMO that's a big bias. They are not popping up like mad, it's simply
    that the guys who have him, will be at the top of the PVP leaderbord most likely. So most you see is prisoners out there in the top 25.

Do you really want to play against same defenses again and again? This is really hurting the game dynamics.
    I don't think it's accurate to say that Slauki, he's just not rare anymore. A number of people have mentioned recently getting him. Someone I know (not me, though I have two) mentioned getting his THIRD Prisoner.

Most I see with Prisoners in their defense do NOT have Hellhounds or Assassin Rocket Dogs so it's still possible to stun/freeze/taunt them. He's just deadliest combined with a DM
    Nicko-0517

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    one further argument against the prisoner...

once you have him in this state of the game, you will put him into your defence, no matter what.
    Ah, but good sir, the reality is that no matter what changes you make, there will always be a reasonably short list of characters that work best for defence, and these will always be the characters that people will use in various combinations, once they get them. Regardless of changes too, there will always be a single best defensive character... would it not be best if that character was indeed somewhat rare?

Sticking with the Prisoner as an example, if his passive was given to other characters, you would see those characters showing up in people's defences when they were available too, and, unless the characters had the exact same other abilities as the Prisoner, you would see some used in defences more than others. By giving this passive to other characters then, you would end up with more defensive teams built around the same characters than ever... not less.

The bottom line is, no matter who you nerf, some characters will always be better than others, and this is what makes them desirable, and what will make people keep playing to earn and and paying to buy souls in order to be lucky enough to pull these characters. The Prisoner is currently the strongest (arguably--at least, the one you fight latest in the game campaign) boss character that can be drawn... does it not make sense that he would be one of the most desirable characters?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools