Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143
  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Maybe this should be in the bugs thread, but is anyone else experiencing weird things tonight? I just lost two matches in a row, to the same team, because invisibility was removed when no characters on the opposing team had the ability to do that. I'm confused.
    Did you hit someone that had void shield? void shield has a chance to remove buffs from the enemy team... Yeah, they are pretty good.

    If thorns or other talismans existed this Prisoner thing would be solved. He can't disable talisman passives, can he? I never had a chance to test. What if you reintroduce thorns and other kinds of talismans, or even change some like blizzard shield to give a passive shield much like repel does, that affects all team and then one every round...

    "When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"



    Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

  2. #112
    Senior Member MrFreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    703
    It was removed when their team was attacking. It was bizarre.

    Prisoner has no effect on talismans, just the passives. You can freeze him all day if he doesn't have immunity.
    MrFreeze-6530

  3. #113
    Senior Member CanyptianFit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canyptian-2758
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    278
    I had a situation we're all my beneficial stats transferred to the enemy while I attacked him/her with my hellhound. Was a total glitch and I ended up losing.

    Was really weird. Clearly a glitch.

    My hellhound attacking a grim reaper Eddie, and while I was attacking my beneficial stats transferred to them before I finished. Really?

    :0

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    The intent is not to say we want other characters to exceed the value of the Prisoner. The intent is that certain combinations of characters should exceed the value (ie allow you to get a higher winrate) than any old team which splashes the Prisoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Kind of like a Prisoner, a Desert Maurader, a Golden Son, and a Tailgunner Eddie
    That's not what I mean... if you wanted to have a defense that could be good against an attack team like that, and you have every character but the Prisoner... would you wish you had the Prisoner, or do you think you could make a defense that could be better than one which included the Prisoner?

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    200
    If you made the prisoner remove all passives then he becomes an offensive player only, there would be no need to put him in defense team at all. As for his offensive ability stun for 2 rounds is good but he will mess up a lot a synergies so probably would not be used a lot and would kill him for campaign.
    So on balance I would rather see him removed from pvp over a change to remove all passives

    It's a very difficult decision for the devs to make

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    419
    Yesterday my son told me that my Def team was solo OP, yes, I have a Prisoner... I tell him, "dear son, a team is just as OP as people think..."

    And I try my team with a non Prisoner Team, and I went second, and I was able to win with no Allies killed.
    My team wasn't even skillsharded, the talismans are not maxed neither...

    I just use the same strategy that I use against refrigerator teams, high Hp and Def, AOE, and heal/debuff...

    Prisoner is not a problem, is that people that makes everything a problem if they cant resolve it...
    English is not my native language

    Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

  7. #117
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarter View Post
    I struggle with the idea of nerfing the Prisoner in the name of PVP.

    So the best plan is to nerf a toon for one aspect of a game, running the risk of rendering it useless for the rest of the game?

    Hmm, sounds pretty weak to me.

    If people are so cheesed off about seeing him in PvP lineups, ban him from PvP. Just don't trash him for the rest of the game. The Prisoner is as solid a toon that LotB has in terms of balance in both the campaign and the dungeon.
    But this rebalancing of characters has been going on for quite some time even before the devs launched beta PVP. Corrupt General was one of the ones people took the hardest, but even people that have him see how this makes sense in PVP. Unfortunately, nerfs (or rebalancing) are necessary to create a fun, competitive PVP environment.

    We all just feel it should happen to the character we don't have.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Sofia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    That's not what I mean... if you wanted to have a defense that could be good against an attack team like that, and you have every character but the Prisoner... would you wish you had the Prisoner, or do you think you could make a defense that could be better than one which included the Prisoner?
    The Prisoner's passive is just way too powerful right now. He counters so many defensive strategies that would help you win if you were going 2nd, like using a Hellhound for the immunity or a Troll so as the other team doesn't wreck you, he even counters Angel of Pain (a.k.a. Blue Bat)'s Siege... Basically the point is he has no counter, except himself which makes him way too valuable in PvP right now.

    So to answer your question - I don't think that right now there's a way you could make a better defense w/o The Prisoner than one with him.
    Schadenfreud-0217

    Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

    Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Yesterday my son told me that my Def team was solo OP, yes, I have a Prisoner... I tell him, "dear son, a team is just as OP as people think..."

    And I try my team with a non Prisoner Team, and I went second, and I was able to win with no Allies killed.
    My team wasn't even skillsharded, the talismans are not maxed neither...

    I just use the same strategy that I use against refrigerator teams, high Hp and Def, AOE, and heal/debuff...

    Prisoner is not a problem, is that people that makes everything a problem if they cant resolve it...
    Sorry, if Prisoner is not a problem, why you have the same exact team as Nicko? That team is pretty much op and you will win 90% of the time, being it 100% of the time if you go first. It's a clever team? Yeah, but it abuses every broken mechanic in the game:

    - Multiple hits triggering talisman effects;
    - DM passive triggering talisman effect 100%;
    - Thief talisman filling the fury bar in one hit;
    - Prisoner having no counter

    Don't try to hide the problems. We all know that is broken and will be fixed/balanced. To say it's not is just a try to protect your team to easy wins.

    "When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"



    Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

  10. #120
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquetas-5312 View Post
    If you made the prisoner remove all passives then he becomes an offensive player only, there would be no need to put him in defense team at all. As for his offensive ability stun for 2 rounds is good but he will mess up a lot a synergies so probably would not be used a lot and would kill him for campaign.
    So on balance I would rather see him removed from pvp over a change to remove all passives

    It's a very difficult decision for the devs to make
    I don't know if that's true. If he's on your defense, it still neutralizes Hellhounds so you can stun, Trolls so you can get damage in, etc. But it also makes you vulnerable as well...

    I'm not saying this is the best answer. I agree this is a very challenging decision for developers. Other options are working as he currently does a certain percentage of the time (ex 60% chance to disable opponents passives), disabling one random opponent passive, or leaving him alone
    Nicko-0517

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •