Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Suspect Discussion General Thread

The purpose of this thread is to propose characters you think warrant a review which don’t already have a suspect discussion thread of their own.

Feel free to support (or counter) the proposals of others you agree or disagree with, but as per usual, keep it civil.

Sentinel corrupt droid seems that is doing true damage because of the white numbers when attacks, but in the description of the skill says that it does physical damage. Or the description is wrong or the damage type is wrong.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by XcarecroW View Post
    Sentinel corrupt droid seems that is doing true damage because of the white numbers when attacks, but in the description of the skill says that it does physical damage. Or the description is wrong or the damage type is wrong.
    Well every stats point to true damage like Sentinel soulless deamon 😁
    True that it says physical thought..
    Hope he stays that way, it's a beast!
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

MUMMY EDDIE - FIght against the same EDDIE on amost every team on PVP is just WRONG

Mummy Eddie
    What It was Designed For
    A middle tanky character which helps mitigates damage for his team with his future ability, dealing AOE magic damage with a good chance to taunt enemies. Also can clear debuffs(2 turns), his basic ability stunts one enemy, and

What We Got?
    The most used Eddie on PVP, easily founded on 7 out of 10 teams, this thanks to his future ability "Burden of the Damned" wich deals AOE damage and triggers pretty often talisman effects(stun, blind, freeze, etc) AND TAUNT.

Why This is a Problem?
    His high HP plus the mentioned future ability with taunt and surprisingly high effect triggering, makes Mummy Eddie the most used Eddie on PVP by far.
    Enemy teams can't even play when the TAUNT is triggered of any of the other effects that any talisman can bring. This plus his Titan Shield and party debuff makes him very OP for PVP.

What We Could Consider Changing
    Reduce TAUNT % and FIX effect triggering % on BOTD ability.
    Make him use the default basic ability often, as it supposed to be, like all other chars in game.

Sparton, if you think that this is OK, good for you. I say that is boring to fight over and over again the same Eddie on 7 out of 10 PVP teams.
    For players who doesn't have a char with "Immunity" passive, is almost impossible to beat a team with this Eddie, because of the TAUNT and broke effect triggering.
    If you dont want to fix this YET, or if you find that there's nothing to fix and everything goes just perfect(Like in many other matters), go on, is up to you, I have a Hellhound, and have patience to keep on goin' with the game and all this mess...

For SAG, yes man open your eyes, you are actually exploiting one of the many broken mechanics the game has, just like me with the Gunner GS and Freezing Talis, the difference is that I am aware of it.
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    For SAG, yes man open your eyes, you are actually exploiting one of the many broken mechanics the game has, just like me with the Gunner GS and Freezing Talis, the difference is that I am aware of it.
    I actually removed my DM/Golden Son team for that exact reason...
    Never in mummy's ability it's written to trigger on perfect for taunt, as for souless demon or corrupt general, it 'happend" and as already said if other Eddie's where acting half as good as that one there would be way more variety, I'm bored to see him too but he's an example to follow more than anything else, storm eddy never use his basic move either and nobody cares because he's dumb, to me we should raise the bar not lower it..
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    Android

No nerfing!!!!

I´m just going to answer on this topic.

Nerfing all these toons being considered? REALLY??!?

Lets fix the broken mechanics, the imbalance between classes, AI only playing one or two Eddies reasonably, an then consider VERY SUBTLE nerfing.

I´m actually in favor of nerfing as a last resort, but only if everybody could rearrange the skills shards after every patch/update.

People invested in these characters, some i guess even with real money. Not fair at all!!!

No nerfing, let´s fix the basic macro problems first!!!

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    I actually removed my DM/Golden Son team for that exact reason...
    Never in mummy's ability it's written to trigger on perfect for taunt, as for souless demon or corrupt general, it 'happend" and as already said if other Eddie's where acting half as good as that one there would be way more variety, I'm bored to see him too but he's an example to follow more than anything else, storm eddy never use his basic move either and nobody cares because he's dumb, to me we should raise the bar not lower it..
    Description says: "45% chance to taunt for 1 turn"...
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoonchild View Post
    Description says: "45% chance to taunt for 1 turn"...
    And as many other native effects don't need to be perfect hit...
    Remedy is simple as taunting a CG or a red bat usually end up real bad...

Nerfing everyone in the ground so that defences with 10% hold rate will be spectacular, what an awesome game it'll be when top 10 team will be repeatedly beaten by any top 500 player without 'em breaking a sweat... With that point system it'll be real fun 😋
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    I´m just going to answer on this topic.

Nerfing all these toons being considered? REALLY??!?

Lets fix the broken mechanics, the imbalance between classes, AI only playing one or two Eddies reasonably, an then consider VERY SUBTLE nerfing.

I´m actually in favor of nerfing as a last resort, but only if everybody could rearrange the skills shards after every patch/update.

People invested in these characters, some i guess even with real money. Not fair at all!!!

No nerfing, let´s fix the basic macro problems first!!!

Best
    For the most part I agree with this. Many of us face all of these toons day in and day out and do fine.

I said for the most part because AoF is overpowered. And I have one. I'd love for it not to be nerfed - but its power is just too damn obvious.

Interestingly no ones brought up what I believe to be one of the most overpowered characters in the game -Grim Reaper Eddie. A 30% chance to retrigger and wreak havoc, wiping out one - and sometimes two - characters in one hit is very AoF-like. Then add in he can heal block. Freeze entire parties while healing himself, often with an extra turn. Revive dead characters.

And the Mummy is almost as good as a CG if you slap on some Freeze Talismans. It's why he's all over the place. But no ones mentioned GRE and other than Demoonchild Mummy wasn't mentioned either.

I have to admit I was surprised Sentinel Corrupt Droid, Troll, and Sentinel Souless Demon were on the list while the two Eddies I've mentioned aren't. And honestly - I don't want ANY of these characters nerfed, including the Eddies I've mentioned. Many of us face them all the time and do fine. Other than AoF, nothing listed in the individual threads as a concern is jumping out at me. But that's just me.

I have to say I appreciate that you're even having this dialogue instead of just making an announcement. Very cool that you're doing that.
    Last edited by Nicko; 01-24-2017 at 05:01 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    What really pisses me off most in these "suspect" discussions:

The devs don't even touch the topic that people spent skillshards on those toons. They can nerf whatever they want to - that's fine. But please have the decency to reset the skillshards for every nerfed toon OR give the player the possibility to reset skillshards themselves. Make it expensive - like 1 million - to reset a toons skillshards ang get those back into your inventory.

What is happening now: Players that come later to the party have a massive advantage as they already know that some toons are not worth anymore putting skillshards on them. A talisman or to level another toon - I don't care - I can reasonably fast build a new set or level a new toon but those skillshards don't fall from trees. I find it highly respectless that the talk is only about nerfing and not about time, money and passion people put into building a toon.

Some of the toons should be OP as part of your defensive deterrent strategy. Otherwise the defense wouldn't stand any chance against a human player because the AI really is an AD (Artificial Dumbness). You should have to think twice who to attack. Otherwise you are just prolonging fights with a certain outcome that the human player won.

I get my arse kicked once in a while from a AoF and that lot. But if a toon like this wouldn't be in the defensive team of the enemy I would win 100% of the time.

What the devs are doing right now is that nobody wants to spend any more skillshards anywhere as the nerf sledgehammer could lure just around the corner. Really not funny.

Again: nerf it - fine - but reset his skillshards ...

What about fixing bugs instead of number crunching? That would help the game a bit ...
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 01-24-2017 at 07:18 AM.