Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post

What the devs are doing right now is that nobody wants to spend any more skillshards anywhere as the nerf sledgehammer could lure just around the corner.
    Very true. I'm sitting on several until I see how things pan out.

Most of the toons in these Suspect Discussions weren't even being complained about on the boards, so as RACCAR said in another thread things could be getting overthought here by the developers. We know the talismans are broken. We know AoF is probably too strong. Tinker with those and let's roll this out!

But also keep in mind they're just throwing these ideas out there and gathering feedback. No changes have been made on anyone yet and I much prefer this to a nerf list that appears on the day of an update.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Code:
    I´m actually in favor of nerfing as a last resort, but only if everybody could rearrange the skills shards after every patch/update.
    This is something I was wondering since they nerfed the shield of my dear blue soldier. I think if some character is nerfed, nothing more reasonable then give back the skill shards that were used on that character. Im sure many of us choose spend a SS on a toon specificaly because some ability he has or a strategy it opens, and a nerf on that toon may just kill the whole thing. What you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Interestingly no ones brought up what I believe to be one of the most overpowered characters in the game -Grim Reaper Eddie. A 30% chance to retrigger and wreak havoc, wiping out one - and sometimes two - characters in one hit is very AoF-like. Then add in he can heal block. Freeze entire parties while healing himself, often with an extra turn. Revive dead characters.
    The main thing I think he does to dominate right now is abuse freeze talisman proc chances. Once that's out of the picture, I think he'll be a solid all-rounder that we'll see a lot of, but we'll look into him further after the talisman proc fixes

And the Mummy is almost as good as a CG if you slap on some Freeze Talismans. It's why he's all over the place. But no ones mentioned GRE and other than Demoonchild Mummy wasn't mentioned either.
    Well, I'm interested in peoples thoughts in this thread if that's the case, I'm just not seeing it as that bad right now (or at least in needed of a major nerf). There is a problem that some people have suspected that freeze talismans proc more than they should, too, which exacerbates the problem, but that's also going to be solved in the next update.

OS
    iOS
    Overthinking it. Fix the list generation and revenge. Come up with a point system that doesn't piss people off. Your already working on the proc rate thing. Spending weeks discussing characters that aren't a problem is a waste of time. I'd even be fine losing to prisoner/DM combos if I didn't lose so many points because of it. You (devs) have already gotten a taste of what's to come ($). Fix the simple things, push it live, and sit back and collect the loot.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    The devs don't even touch the topic that people spent skillshards on those toons. They can nerf whatever they want to - that's fine. But please have the decency to reset the skillshards for every nerfed toon OR give the player the possibility to reset skillshards themselves. Make it expensive - like 1 million - to reset a toons skillshards ang get those back into your inventory.
    You felt my pain man... Seems I'm the suspect here, they should nerf me instead loll I own a AoF, A Troll, A Corrupt Droid and a prisoner all fully sharded... I understand some of these upcoming nerf but yeah even in a one time event, we should be able to buy back shards as for me... But that's another debate..

Some of the toons should be OP as part of your defensive deterrent strategy. Otherwise the defense wouldn't stand any chance against a human player because the AI really is an AD (Artificial Dumbness). You should have to think twice who to attack. Otherwise you are just prolonging fights with a certain outcome that the human player won.

I get my arse kicked once in a while from a AoF and that lot. But if a toon like this wouldn't be in the defensive team of the enemy I would win 100% of the time.
    You are on something, if every ally get tamed defense will be a pity, I'm afraid to attack some team composition mainly because of OP characters... As an endgame player you have the key to many locks & mostly play odds if every worthy took get knock down defense will be a joke against a human player...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    The main thing I think he does to dominate right now is abuse freeze talisman proc chances. Once that's out of the picture, I think he'll be a solid all-rounder that we'll see a lot of, but we'll look into him further after the talisman proc fixes

Well, I'm interested in peoples thoughts in this thread if that's the case, I'm just not seeing it as that bad right now (or at least in needed of a major nerf). There is a problem that some people have suspected that freeze talismans proc more than they should, too, which exacerbates the problem, but that's also going to be solved in the next update.
    Slash to a red character is often the equivalent of AoF on a green. I've obliterated many red characters - and started on their neighbors - with one Slash.

Good point in the Mummy. He hits like a toddler otherwise
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Good point in the Mummy. He hits like a toddler otherwise
    He's more of a Swiss knife than an offensive treat anyway... Like others he can't turn a game around all alone so definitely not OP, he's as common as it's fall rate use to be maybe that's why he seems overused with SOL he's the most common non game given Ed out there..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    very good discussion here so i will throw in my 2 cents:

maybe we should also talk about the gunner rescuer. imo one of the most OP chrars in game...revive and endure for 2 turns, with a shield which comes again every round? imo it's way too much.

regarding mummy eddie i think he abuses some talisman chances and triggers maybe too often. if we fix the talismans, and the triggers we will also fix him.
    what i really like about mummy is that he is one eddie that uses his abilities well! why complaining about an AI that works fine. every eddie should use his ability nearly as good as mummy. so if we make the AI of other eddies smarter, which is probably very difficult to do, we would see more teams with other eddies. but yes, he's very populay nowadays as it seems

in total i would agree, that we probably should fix the broken things first and nerf then. only the most obvious OPness should be considered right now, since everything will change, when the most things are fixed (maybe even the prisoner)

and for heavens sake, yes, it would be really necessary to have an opportunity to reset skills on nerfed characters. imagine Grimreaper is nerfed and you put 28 skillshards on him just before...it took you 2 months or to max him out and he get's hit by the nerfbat? that's way to hard guys....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

I think that you played with the GR before. His Slash if triggers again had more damage than the first time and now it doesn't. Multi hit characters have bigger chance to trigger the talismans than single hit chars, it's normal and let us not forget that this would happen only if it is a perfect hit if not the talismans don't get triggered. From what I see here looks like soon we will not have any good characters left to use in our defense teams or in the attack teams.
    This is just me thinking out loud.

OS
    iOS
    Nerfing all the best characters in this game (red troll, angel of fear, sentinel daemon, prisoner, etc...) for pvp isn't a good idea at all...
    First because of the loud invest they needed for maxed them (evo, talismants, and no removable skillshards) -> a lot of time and money lose for many of us!
    Second because these characters are not the main problem in pvp!
    I'm not yet in pvp but i can imagine the main issue: the first round is to much decisive...
    Don't nerf any characters in pve, and reduce the damage from ALL characters to 30% in pvp to allow more than 1 or 2 rounds... I think the game will be more tactic and it will be possible to exploit many different characters!