Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83
  1. #21
    Senior Member Sag7272's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    Nerfing all the best characters in this game (red troll, angel of fear, sentinel daemon, prisoner, etc...) for pvp isn't a good idea at all...
    First because of the loud invest they needed for maxed them (evo, talismants, and no removable skillshards) -> a lot of time and money lose for many of us!
    Second because these characters are not the main problem in pvp!
    I'm not yet in pvp but i can imagine the main issue: the first round is to much decisive...
    Don't nerf any characters in pve, and reduce the damage from ALL characters to 30% in pvp to allow more than 1 or 2 rounds... I think the game will be more tactic and it will be possible to exploit many different characters!
    Won't make much friends but problem isn't even first turn, I for example win most of my 2nd round match too it's called strategy 😁
    Biggest problem It's everyone yelling they should be able to beat everyone 90% of time without investing in good character core revolving around some basic tactics & testing... There's always be that guy that's tough to beat it's the way it should be right?

    Some toon adjustments are needed but shooting in all directions at every ally that gives statistical advantage in fight will only pushes things to the next not yet known OP character... Everyone work their interests but in the end there always be a character every one will defensively want & build strategy around, if not theses it'll be others... Breaking one leg won't repair the other..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

    (English is not my first language)

  2. #22
    Senior Member slauki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Won't make much friends but problem isn't even first turn, I for example win most of my 2nd round match too it's called strategy 😁
    Biggest problem It's everyone yelling they should be able to beat everyone 90% of time without investing in good character core revolving around some basic tactics & testing... There's always be that guy that's tough to beat it's the way it should be right?

    Some toon adjustments are needed but shooting in all directions at every ally that gives statistical advantage in fight will only pushes things to the next not yet known OP character... Everyone work their interests but in the end there always be a character every one will defensively want & build strategy around, if not theses it'll be others... Breaking one leg won't repair the other..
    i would really like to see a game with fixed bugs and talisman issues first, after that we could discuss what can be done better. we all have biases right now, because of all broken things like talismans, trigger chances and the point system which really makes us hate PVP sometimes. i understand the character discussions and i appreciate them. but as you stated, some adjustments are really necessary but after reading all the "suspect threads" i feel that we really might be "shooting in all directions". it shouldn't be our goal to nerf every good character. some really game breaking chars need some tweaks okay, but today i read about 7-8 chars who are resonable good but not gamebreaking OP, as far as i can judge it. but i still belive/hope that we can expect some reasonable adjustments, without fearing the big nerfbat....


    What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
    All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world


  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post

    Most of the toons in these Suspect Discussions weren't even being complained about on the boards, so as RACCAR said in another thread things could be getting overthought here by the developers. We know the talismans are broken. We know AoF is probably too strong. Tinker with those and let's roll this out!.
    Take the Prisoner out of PvP for now, stop the AoF of killing any sentinel in one go and roll the f*cking thing out to the world.

    Apart from the insane insane insane damage of AoF - the Prisoner doesn't have a Nemesis - otherwise it does look pretty solid - AoF has multiple Nemesis - mage chars - he doesn't need a massive nerf or as it was said change the damage to physical.

    I repeat that the defense teams need OP toons to scare others from attacking. But these toons should be possible to get in a fair manner. If the devs continue adjusting things as they do right now and are too worried that some toons hit too hard PvP will be released 2019...
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 01-24-2017 at 08:59 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Overthinking it. Fix the list generation and revenge. Come up with a point system that doesn't piss people off. Your already working on the proc rate thing.
    We're already working on fixes for list generation, revenging, and the point system. Doing further work on making those things happen is not something a designer can do, it requires the coding skills of a programmer. So while teammates work on those things, we're looking at the next list of things that may make PVP unapproachable to our playerbase. The development and refinement of PVP has already taken quite a bit, we don't want to do things that'll actively make it take longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i would really like to see a game with fixed bugs and talisman issues first, after that we could discuss what can be done better. we all have biases right now, because of all broken things like talismans, trigger chances and the point system which really makes us hate PVP sometimes. i understand the character discussions and i appreciate them. but as you stated, some adjustments are really necessary but after reading all the "suspect threads" i feel that we really might be "shooting in all directions". it shouldn't be our goal to nerf every good character. some really game breaking chars need some tweaks okay, but today i read about 7-8 chars who are resonable good but not gamebreaking OP, as far as i can judge it. but i still belive/hope that we can expect some reasonable adjustments, without fearing the big nerfbat....
    We will not nerf every character that gets a Suspect Discussion thread. While the threads themselves aren't intended to be a popularity contest to confirm our biases, we're using the threads as a check of sorts to see if our thoughts have merit, not as a sure thing of "we gonna nerf this guy, lets discuss how". In all honesty, I don't expect us to nerf more than about half of the characters we make suspect threads for (not counting fixing broken mechanisms, like multi-hit multi-procing talismans).

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    505
    I think the strategies will change a little bit when talismans proc rates are fixed, and I don't think we can have a meaningful discussion about which toon is in need of a nerf and who isn't until that happens. With one exception - The Prisoner.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    189
    Instead of adjusting characters that are overpowered, I would suggest just making available frequently new characters with similar OP stats/skills.

    It will add to the overall health of the game with steady influx of toons. With the increased micro transactions to the balancing. Everyone wins. Angel of fear is OP for a first generation toon but should feel old/dated to say, 3rd generation updates.

  7. #27
    Senior Member slauki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Instead of adjusting characters that are overpowered, I would suggest just making available frequently new characters with similar OP stats/skills.

    It will add to the overall health of the game with steady influx of toons. With the increased micro transactions to the balancing. Everyone wins. Angel of fear is OP for a first generation toon but should feel old/dated to say, 3rd generation updates.
    really dislike the idea, since it's hard to get one good character atm. it might take several months for one real good pull. and if they introduce even more must have characters, they will immidiatly loose players since it will be near to impossible to get them. this would ruin the game since it would be even more pay to win then it is now...


    What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
    All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world


  8. #28
    Senior Member maxdeviations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    NYC
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    122

    Suspect discussion - new content

    is there ever gonna be any new content ? only new thing i see is more ways to pay you money for nothing in return
    RNG : "Its a TRAP"
    - Admiral Ackbar

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    9
    I'm certainly in favour of nerfs, they are clearly needed to make a healthy ecosystem in the game, where a lot of characters are useful. My main suspect is AoF, its output damage is too high.

    I'm glad someone mentioned that the Mummy is the only eddie that uses his abilities well. It's totally true! I have him in my defense team only because of that, I had previously a Pharaoh eddie and it was TOO DUMB. Same with SoL eddie. Improving AI should be the main concern of the devs. I'm getting bored of winning like 95% of my games, mostly because enemy teams make such a poor decisions.
    Roger-8303

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    France
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    68

    I'm not a robot, I'm a free man

    Name:  1ilben.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  56.7 KB

    I'm playing pvp since 2 weeks and seeing mummy eddie at almost every fight is really boring, I'm feeling like farming pve.
    Mummy eddie's 45% taunt chance si too high for a basic move that doesn't require power, in comparison samurai eddie has only 30% taunt chance for 4 power or viking eddie with a 35% taunt/stun chance for 3 power, seems a bit unbalanced.
    \m/ Up The Irons ! \m/
    ID : Rygone-4263 | lvl 100 | Daily player | Troopers : 50/50
    Champions : Pharaoh Eddie (Maxed Out) | Navigator Eddie (Maxed Out)
    (Last Update 04/22/17)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •