Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I continue to think that nerfing the Prisoner is completely unnecessary, but I guess I will comment on this thread in spite of myself. lol Comments that every character should be as useful as every other in the Arena remain, to me, quite franky, ridiculous--especially as relates to a 5-star, rare, boss draw like the Prisoner--but, since they still seem to be quite prevalent, I would hope that devs at least wait until the dust settles after the addition of the new talismans before they run amok with the nerf bat.

I have already made so many arguments against nerfing the Prisoner in the other thread that I fear any other comments I might make here would be redundant, I will say though, also, that I agree that nerfs to the Prisoner's passive (inevitable as I believe them to be) should definitely apply only when he is being used in the Arena, and not in the campaign... he's never been considered overpowered in the campaign before, and he isn't now. Nor is he in the Arena... but I digress.

Spare the nerf rod, don't spoil the game!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I continue to think that nerfing the Prisoner is completely unnecessary, but I guess I will comment on this thread in spite of myself. lol Comments that every character should be as useful as every other in the Arena remain, to me, quite franky, ridiculous--especially as relates to a 5-star, rare, boss draw like the Prisoner--but, since they still seem to be quite prevalent, I would hope that devs at least wait until the dust settles after the addition of the new talismans before they run amok with the nerf bat.

I have already made so many arguments against nerfing the Prisoner in the other thread that I fear any other comments I might make here would be redundant, I will say though, also, that I agree that nerfs to the Prisoner's passive (inevitable as I believe them to be) should definitely apply only when he is being used in the Arena, and not in the campaign... he's never been considered overpowered in the campaign before, and he isn't now. Nor is he in the Arena... but I digress.

Spare the nerf rod, don't spoil the game!
    I completely agree. The Prisoners stun ability annoys me more than his passive. It is not The Prisoner that is a problem, It's the Prisoner/Desert Marauder/Golden Son trio that is the problem. Leave the Prisoner alone and fix the talismans... and why the hell do the freeze talismans work so much better than Paralysis?

OS
    iOS
    Chaos, Freeze don't require perfect hit, Paralysis do.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    Freeze talismans don't say perfect hit required in description but do say perfect hit in battle & definitely do require perfect hit
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    I got off topic a bit at the end of that. I have been noticing for awhile that when I land perfect attacks with both Freezing and Paralysis sets equipped, The Freeze triggers 10 times more than the Paralysis, no exaggeration. I notice also that Freeze occurs way more often with a Corrupt General or Golden Son than with an Allied Soldier or Corrupt Rescuer.

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Thoughts on Prisoner after the patch

Nerfing AoF was ok, but doing nothing with Prisoner? His basic attack stuns too much way too often (2 turns at a 45% chance), passive is still broken as hell and right now, with talismans not working properly teams that have the Prisoner are even more OP.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

You guys wanted a talisman fix for the OP prisoner, congrats because it looks like that's what they'll do. Instead of working on new content that's been promised almost from the beginning the devs will spend months developing a new set of talismans, and after a few more months of figuring out why those talismans caused game breaking bugs we'll be good to go. Looking forward to a balanced and worldwide PVP sometime in 2018 or 2019.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraznoff View Post
    You guys wanted a talisman fix for the OP prisoner, congrats because it looks like that's what they'll do. Instead of working on new content that's been promised almost from the beginning the devs will spend months developing a new set of talismans, and after a few more months of figuring out why those talismans caused game breaking bugs we'll be good to go. Looking forward to a balanced and worldwide PVP sometime in 2018 or 2019.
    sure, except they said those talismans were already being developed, so it won't really change anything. They just won't nerf the Prisoner until the finish that.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    If only his passive would be his powermove. I doubt we would have this thread if it was so.

He would have plenty ways to be countered. But what should be his passive then?

When encountering him in underworld he would be more easy to deal with without his passive. To still make it a little hard to meet him that first time he could be getting to cast his powermove (his current passive) as the player enter the boss wave.

Cheers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fister View Post
    If only his passive would be his powermove. I doubt we would have this thread if it was so.

He would have plenty ways to be countered. But what should be his passive then?

When encountering him in underworld he would be more easy to deal with without his passive. To still make it a little hard to meet him that first time he could be getting to cast his powermove (his current passive) as the player enter the boss wave.

Cheers
    His passive could be the same as now, but only work for one round, and then the power move is to re-activate it for an appropriate number of rounds.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills