Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    *not part of the PVP beta*

The one thing I'm worried about is with the introduction of Talismans that they'll move the goalposts of the problem. Instead of everyone wanting to run a Prisoner, it'll turn into everyone wanting to run that anti-Prisoner Talisman set, which still makes PVP overly centralized in that regard.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post

The one thing I'm worried about is with the introduction of Talismans that they'll move the goalposts of the problem. Instead of everyone wanting to run a Prisoner, it'll turn into everyone wanting to run that anti-Prisoner Talisman set, which still makes PVP overly centralized in that regard.
    That depends on wich are they planning for talismans. If they are planning a immunity for all or cannot be frozen for all, they are going in the worng direction. If they plan on a reflect back debuffs, they might go in the right direction.

@Nicko

Thanks! I put a lot of effort on him, I think he's very good in a defense. His proc could be 50% instead of 40% though, and have all green slots instead of one blue.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That depends on wich are they planning for talismans. If they are planning a immunity for all or cannot be frozen for all, they are going in the worng direction. If they plan on a reflect back debuffs, they might go in the right direction.

Taking inspiration from actual passives some sets would make characters shine in some new way, a fully sharded warrior or assassin newborn of light with an immunity on passive would be a beast on any defence team but it's ridiculous to even try one now as with a prisoner as he's a handicap but for passive...
    A hellhound style first turn immunity would be popular even just for self, put it on cleanser and you are good to go on 2nd turn prisoner or not, it's opening new perspectives of being competitive even without super rare toons and if not overpowered can be a great thing for less hardcore players or those less fortunate with the RNG without killing interest in rare toons like Mr #6...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Just imagine how unuseful he would become in PvE with a one sealed passive or something...
    In lightbrigner deactivating one troll can't even imagine how unuseful in LoL with only one or two passive sealed? Sound like he'll be collecting dust and become a false joy to get one like a green pyro...
    Green Pyro is great char for pvp... I use him in at least 30% of battles, and he saved my ass so many times.

As for the prisoner, talisman set would be useless (even if you forget that you lose one other skill/effect for it) because (probably) you would have to activate it with a perfect shot... and if you don't go first, we're back on square one...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe666-7406 View Post
    Green Pyro is great char for pvp... I use him in at least 30% of battles, and he saved my ass so many times.

As for the prisoner, talisman set would be useless (even if you forget that you lose one other skill/effect for it) because (probably) you would have to activate it with a perfect shot... and if you don't go first, we're back on square one...
    Loll wasn't ment against your pyro was thinking at a false joy a while ago, in PvP he's surely useful 😂

But as I understood, again, they are ment as fake passives not to be activated so yes they would work against a prisoner... If everything work as I understood
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Loll wasn't ment against your pyro was thinking at a false joy a while ago, in PvP he's surely useful 😂

But as I understood, again, they are ment as fake passives not to be activated so yes they would work against a prisoner... If everything work as I understood
    Yeah, my guess too is that ability would be granted at the beginning, like +15% HP, but if not, then it's all for nothing...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe666-7406 View Post
    Yeah, my guess too is that ability would be granted at the beginning, like +15% HP, but if not, then it's all for nothing...
    If it's in the options insted of a nerf it can't be otherwise..

The only way I know to get a shield on first non started turn otherwise is to use revenge passive and with luck a void shield is up at first hit 😊... But we're out of luck as it's a passive
    -Bruce Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post

Exactly! One of the biggest problems the devs have with the prisoner is if you have him you will put him on your team, regardless of what other characters you have. Making talismans that counter him will just make it so everyone with a prisoner will still have him on their team and everyone else will have to ditch whatever talismans that have good synergy with their team to equip these new talismans just to counter the prisoner. We'll be stuck ditching a bunch of very hard earned 5* talismans to grind and level up a bunch of new talismans just because the prisoner is OP in PVP. That doesn't sound like something I'm willing to do.

OS
    Android
    I'm not included in the PVP beta test, but I think that the best solution is to nerf him someway only if used in PVP, but in campaign mode he can remain as he is now, so he can be part of both worlds without problems.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmar View Post
    I'm not included in the PVP beta test, but I think that the best solution is to nerf him someway only if used in PVP, but in campaign mode he can remain as he is now, so he can be part of both worlds without problems.
    Best possibility so far, somebody up there even explained it thoroughly... I also like 'ban him from arena' idea, but then nothing can counter AoF i.e. and he is already OP imo... Third best is to make first turn prefictable (i.e. lower rank attacks first, or defense attacks first) and then find some green team to take heavy damage for one and probably two turns ('cause if freeze, stun, etc)