Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Great news!

Talisman solution is probably the best, leave him alone, plenty of balancing and fixing to do before nerfing the Prisoner.

And how about some un-nerfing? Would really enjoy a Mage comeback! They are really weak compared to the others. That would make people happy...

Best thing is that changes are being discussed in advance. Congratulations!

Cheers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Great news!

Talisman solution is probably the best, leave him alone, plenty of balancing and fixing to do before nerfing the Prisoner.
    X2
    Or even anyone else,
    Many will yell but probably the best way...
    I'm afraid that every "suspects" will end up nerfed real bad when other fixes can probably address most irritating things at a lesser cost...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    I'm afraid that every "suspects" will end up nerfed real bad when other fixes can probably address most irritating things at a lesser cost...
    Suspects are indeed the characters that may have nerfs, but part of the reason we want to open the discussion to the playerbase is to see if there's something we're missing that helps make the character not as much of a problem as we thought (and as such not nerfing something which is demonstrated to not need nerfing).

On that subject, though, we now have the other suspect discussion threads up for the other characters we want your feedback on, so please do have a look and comment on your thoughts.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Suspects are indeed the characters that may have nerfs, but part of the reason we want to open the discussion to the playerbase is to see if there's something we're missing that helps make the character not as much of a problem as we thought (and as such not nerfing something which is demonstrated to not need nerfing).

On that subject, though, we now have the other suspect discussion threads up for the other characters we want your feedback on, so please do have a look and comment on your thoughts.
    Tanks you for that, happy to see players getting implicated it can only end up well if everyone work together to balance PvP it will be fun for everyone & at the same time keep community in understanding of why things happend to characters 😊
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    Android
    Another way to change The Prisoners passive is to make it cancel passives that give buffs for 1-2 rounds but not the other passives (such as Siege, Block etc). This way, there will be a way to counter Prisoner+Warrior Troll, Prisoner+Hellhound and, partly, Prisoner+DM and you can also use toons with Block against Prisoner teams. It will be similar to Siege of course, but with a full cancellation to 2 round passives and no reduction of active buffs.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    So midway through the week it's interesting that the number two player as of this moment - Bradata - has no Prisoner.

Proof that there are LOTS of characters that can make this game easier, but missing any one of them doesn't mean you can't rise high.

Well done Bradata!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    So midway through the week it's interesting that the number two player as of this moment - Bradata - has no Prisoner.

Proof that there are LOTS of characters that can make this game easier, but missing any one of them doesn't mean you can't rise high.

Well done Bradata!
    Was saying myself the same thing, it just prove that with time/efforts there's always a way, you don't have to fight prisoners teams themselves to win.. you need more points that's the most important
    I'll second Niko,
    Well done Bradata, nice to see you fight for top spots 😊
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    Android

Well done Bradata!
    Thanks! I have been one of the few against crippling The Prisoner or any of the other characters mentioned here and as you noted I have no Prisoner or The Red Bath or the magus general and still manage... for now.
    I mentioned before in different thread that devs better fix the broken PVP SYSTEM and then our toons. Got 27 skill shards in my GR and now looks like he will be one of the handicaps soon

Well done Bradata!
    The problem is if you have the prisoner you will always put him on your team. If you don't it's because you're either bored of winning easily or you don't understand how powerful he is. For PVP to be enjoyable long term the characters must be sufficiently balanced to allow for variety on teams. Once broken mechanics like multiple hit effects and excessive damage are fixed there shouldn't be any other characters that you will automatically put on your team. Plus, the best characters are good because of their passive abilities. Those passive abilities allow for team synergies and interesting strategies. Having a character that disables all passives on my team takes the fun out of playing. If you really want to compete you have to build a team assuming no passive effects work. Imagine if everyone had a prisoner, and given enough time most long term players will. Most teams you will fight will then have a prisoner, and passive abilities will be completely meaningless. Maybe we should also have a character with a passive that disables all talisman effects 100% of the time, or a passive that disables all power moves 100% of the time. I understand everyone with a prisoner wants the talisman solution, but it's not fair that I will have to grind endlessly to get and power up a new set of talismans which I will be forced to use because the prisoner is OP in PVP. Not to mention the delays a new set of talismans will put on all of the content we've been promised almost since launch. The solution is quick and easy; the prisoner should have a chance of blocking passives on enemies for 1 turn each round.

OS
    Android

Well done Bradata!
    Not sure if Bradata attacks prisoner teams but definitely revenges em. Nice job!