OS
    Android

Wink PvP talismans discussion (future feat)

Hi all!

Since this is a real possibility since the devs said they were thinking of PvP talisman sets i think we can discuss and make suggestions about what would be good and what would be not, and help the devs with their ideas with our owns. so let's get started!!

First of all, I don't want to see passives or skill as talisman effects. for example: a talisman set that gives immunity to all every round. This would make some toons useless and lose their unique feat, in this case for example Hellround and Death Dog. Also they would be BiS and everyone would have them, so it would be the same of giving immunity to everyone.

Second their effect should not be influenced by skills AT ALL. So it would be useless to have an effect for example a shield that ca be negated by Siege. What good would it be different from having a shield talisman set than having a Warrior Troll when it will be negated by Siege? Would just create useless talismans.

Third, I don't think creating a "cannot be frozen" or "cannot be stunned" set would be good too. That would make some sets like Freeze and Stun useless, and the game would lose a lot in diversity.

What I would like to see is something like a "reflect debuff" kind of set. For example if you get frozen, the attacker would also be frozen, working single target only and only for one debuff. Or for example a "feedback" set, like if you get frozen all party members are healed for 2 turns; you still get frozen, but you will have an increased chance of surviving.

And you guys, what are your ideas? Let's help the devs and make the game more fun for all!

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Was more thinking about same powers (mostly) as passives but for self, ex immunity, shield, ATK up ect..
    So not as powerful as "real" passive but still useful and not countered by usual means, with strategy ex: a mummy eddy can cleanse no matter what on a second turn negating the prisoner/DM combo but also CG and some taunt..
    Or a shield like the bomber boy to help glass canons survive first round but these are only examples...

Personally would love to see commons passives for self out of a tallisman set as Frost said actual passives like blue bat or hellhound would be too much but I think that "personal" fake passive for self would make many new toons and strategy appears in PvP without need for nerf anywhere as you'll have a counter with a good strategy for anything and thus making PvP evolve in a strategy contest more that a I have that toon so I won game...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    I'm assuming the ability will be something like "gain immunity for the first round of a battle". This would apply to both campaign and pvp.

Is it a 2 or 3 set piece?

What color is it?

Immunity may be a color.

Shield a different color?

Having it more than one round, to your point, would be OP.

OS
    Android
    What about making it simple and just having one that reduces the chances of something happening rather than trying to make something happen.

example. 50% chance to prevent negative effect.

It could even be more specific if that is to vague, such as 50 % chance to reduce stun/freeze.

This could overpower def, so I would suggest it be limited and not stack on a character. Can even go as far as only 1 set per account/color etc.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    Red doesnt have good sets of 3. Bleed would be nice in this spot.

Purple Permadeath set
    Give us back the Green Tank set
    Some Yellow set (Crit chance?)

We can toy with a 4 green set with Endure. If the toon would die for the first time, it gains 1 turn endure

I'm all for these new talismans, but we need to put these on the bottom of the list of new features. First, this is NOT a solution for the prisoner being OP. Having a character that negates all passives 100% of the time makes MANY of the best characters worthless. The only talisman effect that could negate that would be a set that disables all passives, and then we would be playing a game with no passives since, like the prisoner, you would have to use those talismans if you had them because they are too useful not to. I give a lot of credit to the devs since it is probably very hard work making and updating a game like this, and that shows in the time it takes to create new features. Switching the prisoner's passive to having a chance to disable enemy passives each round is a quick fix with little testing that needs to be done. Creating new sets of talismans and testing them will take several months at best. That means global release of PVP, BNW, Night City, and sacrifice will be delayed that much longer. With that said I think new talisman effects should in some way help to extend the number of rounds in PVP, perhaps by making a character's defense or attack stronger as your allies die. Or perhaps give a character invincibility if 2 other team members die in the same round.