Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Question guys - how old do you think is the minimum age for bringing your kid to his first Maiden concert? I'm really debating grabbing a couple of the VIP box seats to the Chicago show next week, as I'm thinking that would be the least-crazy section to be in with him. He just turned 10. Too young? Should I wait until they come around again... whenever that might be?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    Question guys - how old do you think is the minimum age for bringing your kid to his first Maiden concert? I'm really debating grabbing a couple of the VIP box seats to the Chicago show next week, as I'm thinking that would be the least-crazy section to be in with him. He just turned 10. Too young? Should I wait until they come around again... whenever that might be?
    I see kids at Maiden shows, so I don't see an issue as long as you're not in the pit. The main thing I'd be concerned about would be volume - so earplugs may be a good idea.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    My buddy brought his 7 yr old to a show and I've seen younger. Things to consider.

Sound - ear protection is a must. Amazon has concert rated kids headsets for around $20. Check the reviews for good ones.

Elements - hydration and sun protection. My buddy had a kids boonie hat, sun glasses for his son plus sun screen that worked well. I always bring a pocket pancho in case it rains.

Hope that helps. It will definitely be one to remember.

OS
    Android
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback and ideas, Nicko and Crazypants... I'm going to do it (with ear protection). He's going to be so stoked when I surprise him with this. Up the irons!

OS
    iOS
    I would go with headphone type hearing protection over plugs. Plugs can be a pain in the ass, and difficult to set properly. Phones will give you max protection, and are super easy to set.

Noise cancelling would be the king.

I started doing hearing protection at shows because of medical reasons (wore plugs last night), and just so happen to be in the safety profession.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarter View Post
    I would go with headphone type hearing protection over plugs. Plugs can be a pain in the ass, and difficult to set properly. Phones will give you max protection, and are super easy to set.

Noise cancelling would be the king.

I started doing hearing protection at shows because of medical reasons (wore plugs last night), and just so happen to be in the safety profession.
    I don't go to shows without them anymore. Just not worth it - and I find you can actually hear the parts better
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I don't go to shows without them anymore. Just not worth it - and I find you can actually hear the parts better
    Amen to that!

NC phones take out all of the boominess and wide reverb from poor sound management or venue lameness.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarter View Post
    Amen to that!

NC phones take out all of the boominess and wide reverb from poor sound management or venue lameness.
    I use "Musicians" earplugs. Do t know if I'd be motivated enough to drag along a set of headphones!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I was at that show! Was supposed to be in the pit and injured my leg so they seated us in a special section and was really glad - it looked brutal down there in that heat!

Interesting fact about that show the only good bootleg recording (I collect Maiden live Bootlegs) of that show is cut a few songs short because the recorders teen son passed out from heat exhaustion. I was in the Grass for that one but we were up by one of the seat entrances and I was blown away how many ppl they brought out on a stretcher or were helping out with an IV hook up. I waited to start drinking until i was nice and safe back in my air conditioned hotel. Hope the leg wasn't to serious, missing that pit was probably a mixed blessing.

OS
    Android
    Man I really wanted to go and see maiden live as well but probably can't because my car recently broke down and don't really have a ride so that sucks. Plus this would have been my first time seeing them as well such an amazing band so close but yet so far. They are going to be playing in Tampa which is an hour from me but oh well. Hopefully maiden still goes on for a couple of years and I'll get to catch them live sometime if they are in the area again.
    treeb0mbb-9454