Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Are rare assassin/gunner souls worth it?

No, seriously: I want to know.

I went through a bit of an experiment briefly: after I maxed my CR Eddie out with skill shards, I decided to surrender a few weeks worth of skills shards and instead spend my trooper badges on these things.

I got about 30 odd souls. I opened them all...

All 3* toons. None of them really that good as half of them were dupes of each other.

I know it's RNG and all that, but come ON. I just blew lord knows how many skill shards just to try and get something decent from these things only to get completely sh@t on.

Surely I can't be the only one with such rotten luck with these things?
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Trooper ID: Sam-9072

I play every day and I try to use all my troopers*

*Bar the occasional error.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear1250 View Post
    No, seriously: I want to know.

I went through a bit of an experiment briefly: after I maxed my CR Eddie out with skill shards, I decided to surrender a few weeks worth of skills shards and instead spend my trooper badges on these things.

I got about 30 odd souls. I opened them all...

All 3* toons. None of them really that good as half of them were dupes of each other.

I know it's RNG and all that, but come ON. I just blew lord knows how many skill shards just to try and get something decent from these things only to get completely sh@t on.

Surely I can't be the only one with such rotten luck with these things?
    yes i have given up on these a long time ago, it felt like I as running a Kennel....
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    I mean, yeah, the drop rates suck. But it's the only way to get a lot of characters (except legendary souls, which really aren't much better). I prefer to by a rare G/A soul occasionally but not get my hopes up. We're bound to get lucky sooner or later.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    I've not had much luck with the G/A rare should despite spending a decent amount of trooper badges on them initially. Always disappointing except my first assassin artillery dog.

The best gunner I ever got (Gunner COTD) came from a legendary soul. No complaint about that 4* character from a legendary...

This leaves a long list of gunner/assassin characters that i desire still out there. For now my badges get skill shards and I open (with little expectation) whatever G/A rare souls come my way.

OS
    Android
    Can't remember the last time I bought a G/A soul from the store, but yes, I had once a good luck from it. ONCE. It was a Tailgunner Eddie.

I got Desert Marauder, Allied Bomber Boy, and Storm Eddie from G/A souls from achievement reward, daily reward, or secret locations (can't remember which one, but they're free).

So is it worth the 3750 trooper badges? As I need skill shards more than new characters, I would say no.

OS
    iOS
    They are only worth it if you end up getting what you actually wanted.

9/10 times you're wasting your time and hard earned badges.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    I've been keeping track of all Rare GA souls I ever spent, and so far I haven't gotten a single premium character from them. This is from 15 souls.

There was also a thread where people were saying what they got from their Rare GA souls, which was 25 Rare GA souls total, and from that thread I saw 1 4* and 1 5* pop up.

It's commonly accepted that Rare Souls have a 10% chance to drop a premium character, which probably also applies for Rare Warrior/Sentinel/Magus souls.

The Rare GA soul droprate seems to be much lower though. I can only really recommend buying Rare GA souls if there's a particular 3* you want
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    I would definitely buy skill shards. I wasted tons of badges on these early on trying to get Cyborg Eddie. I have probably pulled more Gunner Dogs than I have Desert Warriors. I did get lucky once dropping 3 at a time and got an Artillery Dog & Corrupt Harpy. If you want to get Assasins and Gunners, Wait until the next time they release the BNW/Christmas souls or whatever they will be called next time and get a bunch of them. I have gotten every Gunner/Assassin in the game from these with the exception of The Prisoner, Desert Marauder, Pyro Soldier and the 4 five star Eddies

OS
    iOS
    Bought a rare gun/assassin soul, red eyes... (F'n) Soldier Eddie... Facepalm

Sid-2370

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkness View Post
    Bought a rare gun/assassin soul, red eyes... (F'n) Soldier Eddie... Facepalm

Sid-2370
    That's the usual pain. Never got my Cyborg but did get my Tailgunner Eddie a couple weeks ago and that got me excited. Now if only he'd stop shooting himself
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan