Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suspect Discussion: Warrior Troll

What It was Designed For
    A defensive Warrior which helps bolster the survivability for it’s team.

What We Got
    Extremely high first-turn damage potential with two of the Shield passive’s shield types able to do modest damage + one of the strongest AoE true damage basics in the game. The Fury Increase from his Guard All can make you go from nearly no fury to full in a single turn.

Why This is a Problem
    • One of the best defensive units having one of the most competitive AoE basic attacks makes him too easy and obvious a shoe-in for many teams, even if his shield is countered (Prisoner, Angel of Pain)
    • Guard All makes it possible to have 2nd turn Fury attacks too easily

What We Could Consider Changing
    • Lower damage output of basic attack (so other offensive options are more appealing in offence-oriented teams)
    • Adjust Shield passive so it doesn’t have damaging shields (to better solidify it as a defensive option)
    • Better regulate Increased Fury from Guard All shield (admittedly fury generation right now with this is bugged and needs to be fixed regardless)

Please let us know your thoughts on this character in the comments. Keep in mind that this is not a for sure set of changes we’re going to do to this character; this is merely where our appraisal design-side is of the character, and we want to discuss this more with the community to get a better sense if changes are necessary for this character or if this character is fine as is.

OS
    Android

Some litte tweaks

Rever back his attack to single target. Also put only defensive shields... Real ones. Health shield right now does nothing, since it increases healing but does not heal on attacks. Lowering the fury generated by his power ability is also good.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Maybe just defensive shield would do it...
    He's kind of a glass canon on the HP so if he usually hit only once anyway, personally more afraid of shield damages than by his attack because first turn is so critical that depending of shield casted my strategy will change..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Rever back his attack to single target. Also put only defensive shields... Real ones. Health shield right now does nothing, since it increases healing but does not heal on attacks. Lowering the fury generated by his power ability is also good.
    Being against nerfs overall, my vote would be simply that his shield doesn't damage. It would protect the party but not hurt the other team. I like that he casts Guard All so readily on defense, because it's one less attack to make sure Eddie is obliterated before the Fury licks in. He's usually the last one I go for when slaughtering the opponent; his damage hasn't seemed problematic when facing him but since I don't have one nerf away! Kidding. I'd leave him alone or do a very soft nerf on damage at most.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Remember the bonfire event ? Spend your money and get a higher chance to get this wicked op toon! This is a bad nerf, because you over sold him so now he has to be op . Otherwise any future events like this will be laughed at and ignored. Is having this guy on your team a sure win every time? Is there no counter to his beastieness ? If you spend the money and have 3 of em and your number one defense guy in the world is that so bad? I don't have one but if that's what I need to make my team better maybe I'll spend more money. And that's the real goal hear , make people happy to spend there hard earned money here. 💀

OS
    Android
    The Troll's defense has 3 counters:

- Prisoner
    - Blue Bat
    - Death Dog

If a Troll hits hard he is a glass cannon - meaning the other team will knock him down very fast.
    If a Troll is built for durabilty his damage is way under 4k - if fully skillsharded!

There was a thread before talking about the Troll and the devs said he is solid. Why is he suddenly OP now? Done too many nerfs on other toons? Nerfing the Troll will render him useless.

OS
    Android
    I think he is mostly fine. I have never seen the fury generation as a threat as there is so many ways to get around that (freeze/stun him or the Eddie or kill him or the Eddie quick). The shield is easy to counter for a player with a big roster as they are likely to have at least one of the characters that takes the shield away. Guess it might be OP for newer players though. The one place when the shield is OP on higher levels is when he is paired with The Prisoner, and that should be fixed by changing The Prisoner rather than the Troll.

And as has been said, a troll built for high damage will be a glass cannon and a troll built for high HP will deal low damage.

I'm guessing a lot of players, including me, use him for autofarming in PvE and nerfing him will risk making him less useful in that role. Making autofarming harder is NOT something you want to do.

Btw, is his debuff working as it should? Doesn't seem to activate as often as it is supposed to (should be 2 out of every 3 attacks with full skill shards).
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    The Troll's defense has 3 counters:

- Prisoner
    - Blue Bat
    - Death Dog

If a Troll hits hard he is a glass cannon - meaning the other team will knock him down very fast.
    If a Troll is built for durabilty his damage is way under 4k - if fully skillsharded!

There was a thread before talking about the Troll and the devs said he is solid. Why is he suddenly OP now? Done too many nerfs on other toons? Nerfing the Troll will render him useless.
    agree with that, yes he might seem OP if you have no counter, but since there are three of them there shouldn't be a problem if you played this game for some months. once you have a counter this character is everything else than OP imo, he is a glass canon with only okay damage output... only in combnation with the prisoner, he is a real probleme, since no other counter exists.

i haven't seen the huge fury boost so far, since i'm more attacking with him, but if that's really so hard, it should be okay to adjust it imo.

if we nerf too much and every character is getting similar, the game would be perfectly balanced, yes. and it would pe perfectly boring. so adjusting broken and definetly OP things is okay, but we shouldn't nerf everything only because it is good, when you can actually counter it with good tactics.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    The other counter to the troll passive is to, get ready, wait a round and prep your defense.

Everyone can easily do that too.

He is a glass cannon.

I have him and use him sparingly.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Nerfing the troll is completely unnecessary... glass cannon character with plenty of counters, as has already been said. Leave him alone and fix the real problems, whydon'tcha?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools