Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I'd say the only considerable thing is to make his shields be only defensive so we don't get 6k+ AoE damage from Explosive Shields against which we can't do anything basically.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    iOS
    The blue allied soldier is a kind of "magus troll", and is easy to get. He hits AoE for 5000 and has a reflecting shield for 2 turns (troll only 1 turn)... You can counter the trolls with several characters (prisonner or blue bat passive, blue allied soldier's shield, etc...) or just wait a turn and don't attack them when they have the shield (was my tactic when i met them and hadn't maxed characters).
    For me this character is great with his actual skills and don't have to be nerf (or he will become useless)...

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    The blue allied soldier is a kind of "magus troll", and is easy to get. He hits AoE for 5000 and has a reflecting shield for 2 turns (troll only 1 turn)... You can counter the trolls with several characters (prisonner or blue bat passive, blue allied soldier's shield, etc...) or just wait a turn and don't attack them when they have the shield (was my tactic when i met them and hadn't maxed characters).
    For me this character is great with his actual skills and don't have to be nerf (or he will become useless)...
    How do you not attack him? You start 1st, have 2 energy, you basically can't do anything but basic attack with all your characters.
    He's not like Magus Allied Soldier, because his starting shields are passive, meaning they cost no energy.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreud-0217 View Post
    How do you not attack him? You start 1st, have 2 energy, you basically can't do anything but basic attack with all your characters.
    He's not like Magus Allied Soldier, because his starting shields are passive, meaning they cost no energy.
    You bring a Blue Bat oder a Death Dog given there is no Prisoner in the other team. As it was said many many many many times before - the problems are a few toons in combination with the Prisoner - CG for example as immunity does not work.

If you have a Viking you can use his Loot skill to take the shield from one enemy. In this case I would try to pick one that you could knock out in round one and the defense is down to 3 toons for their attack (4 single heavy hitters might be an option and take the enemy down one by one - steal with Viking and grind the enemy team down). That does help a lot - it's no cure for the Prisoner / Mummy / CG if you go second as you don't have an antidote for the stun festival and won't get a turn. I completely stopped attacking Prisoner teams now as it really pisses me off - I don't blame the ones havong one and using him. But it definitely takes the fun out for those theat don't have one.

Another possibilty would be a toon with 6 energy talismans and attack with that one first. That should give you some juice - well not at the moment as nothing is working at the moment. Quite often you jump from 2 to 4 energy and have enough for the Blue Allied soldier. For example you would have a Bomber Boy and an Blue Allied Soldier in your team - that would be a nice combination for that.
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 02-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.

OS
    Android
    Used to bring along some single hitters (to attack heal shields exclusively) combined with energy tallismans & camp myself in defense casting shields & lifesteals... Used to have 90% succes rate against Trolls, just need proper attack team to reach 2nd turn & he fall quite fast since he's usually there to protect some squishy chars..
    Of course that was before my Prisoner, good luck!
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    There are plenty of ways to get past it even when getting the first turn. One of many examples: Soldier Eddie has two basic moves that can generate power. Start with that, then use a toon with the Thieve ability (Assassin Troll, Wickerdog King etc) which steals positive effects. Several ways to go from there. Attack the same toon with Allied General and, likely, get more power and then use Magus Allied Soldier to put up a shield. Or bring Angel of Fear to get a second turn and repeat.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    I like to use Void talismans for this, too. That way your team gets a shield as well and it kind of balances out. Of course, that was before talisman effects become impossible to use; also I was taking advantage of the Golden Sun's multi-hit proc bug, so I would get a Void Shield almost every time. It'll be more tricky now (even once they fix the talisman procs).
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    I like to use Void talismans for this, too. That way your team gets a shield as well and it kind of balances out. Of course, that was before talisman effects become impossible to use; also I was taking advantage of the Golden Sun's multi-hit proc bug, so I would get a Void Shield almost every time. It'll be more tricky now (even once they fix the talisman procs).
    Not having problems with void tallisman here, it work exactly like before the update... Having two sets on different toons while attacking put odds in a reasonable zone, won't work behind another shield spell though... Guard or any shield cast first render it useless, love to cast void first & another shield after as it reflects physical/magical & unaffected true DMG end up in the other shield, the other way around render it useless as first shield get priority no matter what..
    -Bruce Dickinson

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    Not having problems with void tallisman here, it work exactly like before the update... Having two sets on different toons while attacking put odds in a reasonable zone, won't work behind another shield spell though... Guard or any shield cast first render it useless, love to cast void first & another shield after as it reflects physical/magical & unaffected true DMG end up in the other shield, the other way around render it useless as first shield get priority no matter what..
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of how it stacked with other shields (but I don't use other shields often).

Regarding whether it's working, I'm probably just noticing it proc-ing less because the AGS no longer has 12 chances to proc (3 hits x 4 enemies). I used to get it on every perfect, but now it's much more rare. Does that seem right to you? I wasn't sure if it was suffering the same fate as the offensive talismans (like freeze) which barely proc at all now, but it sounds like that's not true.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of how it stacked with other shields (but I don't use other shields often).

Regarding whether it's working, I'm probably just noticing it proc-ing less because the AGS no longer has 12 chances to proc (3 hits x 4 enemies). I used to get it on every perfect, but now it's much more rare. Does that seem right to you? I wasn't sure if it was suffering the same fate as the offensive talismans (like freeze) which barely proc at all now, but it sounds like that's not true.
    Used to have it proc everytime with my Prisoner/DM/GS combo attack because of that back some times ago...
    I used it on my Trolls & Prisoner lately I can say there's no real change since update in how often it trigger...
    Since I wasn't using multiple hits because I knew it was going away I was not even aware that Void had any problems..
    Last edited by Sag7272; 02-08-2017 at 12:51 AM.
    -Bruce Dickinson