Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Suspect Discussion: Angel of Fear

What It was Designed For
    A moderately strong attacker which enables offensive teams to get extra attacking power if they get the “first blood”.

What We Got
    The strongest single-target basic in the game that has a high chance of one of the best crowd-control status effects in the game with the amazing unique utility of granting multiple extra turns on top of one of the highest attack stats with an excellent AoE option.

Why This is a Problem
    • Nothing else in the game does the single-target damage this guy does with a basic attack against high HP tarets… and few things could rival it unbuffed even with their power or fury attacks. And it stuns!
    • There’s no reason to build anything other than full HP, which is odd for a warrior
    • A fully upgraded Angel of Fear can one shot slightly weaker Sentinels, and do well over 50% of the max HP even of a top end Sentinel Soulless Demon or Allied General with… with a basic attack

What We Could Consider Changing
    • Lowering the HP scaling of his basic attack (we probably need to do this to a degree anyways; the amount of damage gain per skill level is way more than what is advertised)
    • Reducing HP/Attack scaling of his basic attack slightly and changing to physical damage

Please let us know your thoughts on this character in the comments. Keep in mind that this is not a for sure set of changes we’re going to do to this character; this is merely where our appraisal design-side is of the character, and we want to discuss this more with the community to get a better sense if changes are necessary for this character or if this character is fine as is.

OS
    Android

Thanks for addressing this

I think it's just his skill shard adjustment and a little bug with Torture ignoring shields and buffs sometime. Clearly there's a problem with Torture in this guy, because Angel of Strife also has Torture but does not do as many damage as Red Bat. Also the procs on his torture seen way higher than on Green Bat.

Lowering the damage per HP scaling or reducing his HP is a good way IMO to start.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    Another of my maxed characters... Must have been doomed or something 😕
    Have to admit that he punch a bit hard... Fully sharded ones can kill a maxed mummy in nearly one hit! Maybe just making torture physical DMG defense would protect a bit & give sense to power move def drop...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

Yes, this char is so OP, basic attack must be modified. No reason that he almost can one shot every char in game. Maybe it is good idea to change his attack to physical.

OS
    iOS
    I have one fully sharded and he's a beast. I love using him. Is he overpowered? Absolutely. I think it's great you're having dialogues about this guy, but even with the bias of owning him I'd be lying if I didn't admit I laugh every time he one-hits a Mummy after getting the attack boost from the Hellhound.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Yes the AoF is OP , and may not be fair in pvp. I'm not in pvp yet so I don't know how big of a problem he is. Here's the big problem with the nerfs . If every character is equal then there's no reason to spend money to get rare characters! The reason I spend money on the game is to get the 5star super guys. I have 3 PDKs trying to get a blue general. And now that he's not as powerful why spend the money to get him ? I'm afraid to spend my skill shards because of this reason, If i put 10 skill shards on AoF and then he gets NERFED I'll be super pissed. Who ever the best character in the game is we'll figure it out and we'll all over use that guy. The blue soldier is a example of that , lots of people sharded him and made him king, now he's no ones king . What a waste of shards. Some rare characters should be op , there's no adds ( thank you ) so yea pay to play I'm fine with that and some of us hardcore players and the ones that spend the money should have better teams. They've earned it. A AoF should be way more powerful then a ox cultists! I know your going to nerf him but go easy on him maybe just nerf a little and see how it goes. Also the prisoner says his passive doesn't work on bosses why not just add doesn't work in pvp.

OS
    Android

Stop nerfing

This reply is not just for this, but for all the "let's nerf this" threads. Nerf is always a bad solution. Skill shards do not Fall from trees and cannot be removed from a certain carachter so nerfing a caracther is not fair for those who invested resources and shards on them.
    Instead, introduce talismans and carachters that can overcome their ability if you want to keep the game interesting.

OS
    iOS
    When I see AoF I like the ultra common blue Allied Soldier shield. Returns the favor if you will.

Doesn't he share same skill as Green Bat? Seeing more of them lately.

In general, Dev team, glad you are raising this for discussion. Please address the skill shard "reset" capability and the broken mechanics before nerfing anyone.

Thanks for listening.

OS
    iOS
    What about party cost ? It was only a thing when I was very low level and I couldn't field the team I wanted because the characters were to powerful for me. What if you keep the op guys op and just raise the cost of em . No more complaints about NERFING, also maybe there'll be some strategy to bring in a meathead . All off a sudden a hourglass might be a playable toon . People would complain they can't bring 4 super guys, but I think it's better then nerf. Or removable skill shards, I've been pushing for that for awhile now. And what about future characters? If there all average stats and no super guys no ones going to buy em. Also with the new sale your basically play 45$ for 3 skill shards, I know you get more then just that but that's the main selling point. If people pay that much and there shared toon gets nerfed there going to rage quit! No paying customers no game and that can't happen. Anyway my point is party cost , what do you think? Right now yellow and blue bat cost 16 and red bat is 14. Weird. So Eddie can stay the same because there all 16. Then 2 op toons and one weak one that might compliment the others or maybe you would use a maxed 4star toon . 4 star would be weaker but maybe you like his power or passive. Or 3 solid toons. So yea party cost 💀

OS
    iOS
    He is vastly strong for sure. Not got one but would like one for sure! His single hit is the most OP part I think but his power move is pretty good too....the passive though is a great one and I think needs to stay as it makes him worthwhile. Maybe lower his single hit power.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496