Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I do not have an AoF and I think his damage output from a single attack is fine. Sure, he hits like a ton of bricks, but there’s always going to be a “strongest” character. If its not this one, it will be another one…

What I do think is ridiculous about this character is the pairing of his single attack damage output with his passive skill! If you are in PVP, the likelihood of which side wins is strongly influenced by which side goes first. Throw an AoF on the team that goes first and that team may go 2 (or 3) rounds before the opposing team gets to respond….if the opposing team is still standing, which is very unlikely.

My recommendation is to tweak that passive somehow so that he’s not so overpowering in PVP. I’m not sure I have a great suggestion on how to do that other than to point out this rub for many players. Sure, I guess the Prisoner is the antidote to the AoF’s passive, but many don’t have a Prisoner.
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I've recently noticed that blocking beneficial effects prevents AoF's passive from giving the blocked targets an extra turn. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but if it is intended I'd say his passive is very much balanced.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by iPoop View Post
    Sure, I guess the Prisoner is the antidote to the AoF’s passive, but many don’t have a Prisoner.
    I'm not making any larger point here, but the Prisoner isn't really a counter to the AoF's passive, since it's pretty easy to take out the prisoner first, and as soon as he dies you get your extra turn for killing him (assuming no one died on your team).
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by iPoop View Post
    Sure, I guess the Prisoner is the antidote to the AoF’s passive, but many don’t have a Prisoner.
    I pick my Troll before my prisoner when I face one, preventing that second turn in first place give time to take AoF down before it can even use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    The Prisoner isn't really a counter to the AoF's passive, since it's pretty easy to take out the prisoner first, and as soon as he dies you get your extra turn for killing him (assuming no one died on your team).
    Would even say that the AoF is an excellent counter to the prisoner by himself, quick kill & all passives back instantly with a 2nd turn, that's my main reason to bring him everytime I face a prisoner team...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    I pick my Troll before my prisoner when I face one, preventing that second turn in first place give time to take AoF down before it can even use it..

Would even say that the AoF is an excellent counter to the prisoner by himself, quick kill & all passives back instantly with a 2nd turn, that's my main reason to bring him everytime I face a prisoner team...
    Both great points. AoF is a staple on my attack team, and defenses with a red troll are usually the only ones I can't get the extra turn on the first round if I go first.

My only problem with the Prisoner are the team set ups that take advantage of all the bugs causing freeze to trigger disproportionately so the attacking team never gets a turn. I suspect he'll be tough, but fair, once those freeze proc issues are taken care of.
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    I fully agree that AoF as well as AoS are very strong characters.
    I believe if they are proposing all these changes they must have tested or are testing each one of them.
    The one that I like the most is the fact of changing the type of damage to physical, I believe that with just this change it is already more balanced.

OS
    Android
    Might as well go ahead and change his name as well since there will be nothing to fear after the nerf. In PvP I fear them when I see my opponent is going 1st which is 70% of the time. I also fear using mine because he is always the first to fall. High Risk / High Reward, I think it should be left as is.

OS
    iOS

Passive is still broken

We have all learned that targeted creature must die in order for passive to work, though it's not described in that way, but there is still a problem in your coding.

Don't know when that coding for passive checks after each hit if target has died, but it's mixed up in order with endure. Creature with endure doesn't die, but AoF's pasive will still proc. So put two more lines in the passive coding that will first check if endure is on.

Neverminding the AoF, the same mixed up code order you have with those defeat swords poping up in the arena. I've seen last defending creture standing and taking it's turn low on hp, probably on 1, when swords poped up

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by HomemLivre View Post
    I fully agree that AoF as well as AoS are very strong characters.
    I believe if they are proposing all these changes they must have tested or are testing each one of them.
    The one that I like the most is the fact of changing the type of damage to physical, I believe that with just this change it is already more balanced.
    Boy you're gullible.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    We have all learned that targeted creature must die in order for passive to work, though it's not described in that way, but there is still a problem in your coding.

Don't know when that coding for passive checks after each hit if target has died, but it's mixed up in order with endure. Creature with endure doesn't die, but AoF's pasive will still proc. So put two more lines in the passive coding that will first check if endure is on.

Neverminding the AoF, the same mixed up code order you have with those defeat swords poping up in the arena. I've seen last defending creture standing and taking it's turn low on hp, probably on 1, when swords poped up
    Bump, whats the status on that passive?