Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suspect Discussion: Sentinel Corrupt Droid

What It was Designed For
    Team support with moderately good damage and self-healing.

What We Got
    15k damage basic attacks.

Why This is a Problem
    • Not only should sentinels rarely do very high damage relative to other classes, it shouldn’t do that if it’s main purpose is support.

What We Could Consider Changing
    • Greatly reduce HP scaling on basic attack damage
    • Slightly reduce damage output, but make power attack not guarantee Immunity and/or Force Shield (making him more of a damaging party supporter than a buffing party supporter)

Please let us know your thoughts on this character in the comments. Keep in mind that this is not a for sure set of changes we’re going to do to this character; this is merely where our appraisal design-side is of the character, and we want to discuss this more with the community to get a better sense if changes are necessary for this character or if this character is fine as is.

Thanks for this Sparton, I have just spend 5 Skillshards on him.....
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    A well known character of mine as it's my trooper so I may be biased...
    He's a beast that's for sure, immunity for two turn is useful but not more than the 3 of pyro's power move & the force shield is cool but any multiple hitter deplete it in.. one hit
    Maybe he punch a bit hard but everytime I tryed it in defence my % fall drastically, on attack he can go far but can't turn a fight around alone he need to be part of a strategy to be of any use..
    Fought one 2 or 3 times & never found it insurmontable by any means, bring a Golden Son and forget the shield..
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Think the damage reduction makes some sense. Not sure if it just making it physical like it should be, versus what appears to be true damage when attacking.

I'm with Sag7272 on the shield side, as 1 golden son removes them all. 1 bat removes them on one person.

He has a nice shield, but isn't as OP as portrayed in my opinion. Maybe require a skill shard to get full shield capability. I think his shield doesn't have any skill levels today.

With a hit to damage and the shield, that's a big nerf.

My 2 cents.

OS
    iOS
    Agree with much of what CF said. He hits hard (mine is not hitting 15k basic unless it's against a blue character) - more like 11-12k and he's SINGLE HIT. Trolls can do 7+ K against every member of a blue team AND have a killer shield from the get go. Shield goes quickly so it's the immunity that matters. I do have to ask too - This guy is really new - and PvP was obviously in development when he was released - why release him then consider nerfing him so soon? I'm not getting that.

If he was so OP I think we'd see him on more defenses. Other than Sags - for maybe about two hours - I've never seen him.

I see AoF, GS, Mummy, GRE, CG, Prisoner on so many defenses. Never this guy. With no one here griping I think it's a safe bet he doesn't need much adjusting.
    Last edited by Nicko; 01-24-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Ok now you guys are just over thinking . I know your trying very hard to make it perfect and we appreciate that , but your not going to make everyone perfectly happy. Not even the great pizzafriday has this character, and most people probably were unaware that this droid was any good till now. It's time to release the pvp . End your nightmare of number crunching .

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by RACCAR-8000 View Post
    Ok now you guys are just over thinking . I know your trying very hard to make it perfect and we appreciate that , but your not going to make everyone perfectly happy. Not even the great pizzafriday has this character, and most people probably were unaware that this droid was any good till now. It's time to release the pvp . End your nightmare of number crunching .
    Never had any problem fighting one of those guys ... hits very hard - sure - but single damage ...

OS
    iOS
    Couple of other data points.

Blue Allied Soldier - 2 turn reflect for 4 Power pts
    Red Troll - 2 rounds of guard all damage reduction, fury boost for 4 Power pts
    Red pyro soldier - 2-3 rounds of immunity, MR , Def increases all for 5 Power
    Gunner COTD - Gold Stare Heal Shield with sizable AOE Damage for 6 Power
    Green Bot - 2 rounds immunity and force shield for 6 power

Don't see issues with shield, if anything reduce power to 5 for his special.

Adjust damage to physical, per description, and move on.

OS
    Android
    his damage output is probably too high, but he is a single hitter, so reducing it slightly seems okay for me. wouldn't change the shields, if i were you, but who asks me :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by CanyptianFit View Post
    Couple of other data points.

Blue Allied Soldier - 2 turn reflect for 4 Power pts
    Red Troll - 2 rounds of guard all damage reduction, fury boost for 4 Power pts
    Red pyro soldier - 2-3 rounds of immunity, MR , Def increases all for 5 Power
    Gunner COTD - Gold Stare Heal Shield with sizable AOE Damage for 6 Power
    Green Bot - 2 rounds immunity and force shield for 6 power

Don't see issues with shield, if anything reduce power to 5 for his special.

Adjust damage to physical, per description, and move on.
    Just a thought but...
    Maybe removing the "drain" second hit would do it, he have the description for physical but the stats of true damage... Second hit removal would remove 2-3k damages without affecting anything else...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)