Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

January 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss the preliminary tuning notes.

You can see the details of the preliminary notes in the Game Updates forum post.
    Last edited by Sparton_LOTB; 01-26-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Just an FYI for anyone who took a look within the first 30 minutes of the preliminary notes being posted; we noticed an error in the patch notes and had to redo the post.

Sorry about the confusion.

OS
    Android
    You could correct 'evacuator' to be 'rescuer' too
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Like the overall HP scaling on non sentinel characters.
    Hate the nerfing on the bats, unnecessary.

Pharaoh Eddie
    Talisman - Would be better a yellow or a green one instead of blue/red
    Mend Ability - Could never get Mend to freeze or stun, don´t know if that is intended or not, think it should, otherwise its useless.
    Entomb - What is it good for? How does that even work?

Vampire Hunter Eddie
    Claim Ability - Could never get it to Freeze either, thing it should, like Mummy´s Burden of the Damned

(Is anyone else seeing "Corrupt EVACUATOR Magus"? I wonder what he/she does!!! That´s funny. LoL)
    Last edited by gmac; 01-26-2017 at 10:49 PM.

OS
    Android
    Nice seeing the Assassin Pyro and Pharaoh Dogs get bulked up. I have a soft spot for those three.
    Interesting seeing Visions Ed get another offensive buff, and Soldier Eddie get some of his former glory back. Very curious how the overhauls for Cyborg, Rainmaker and Vampire Hunter will improve them.

Not sure I agree with changing the Undead Hunter's Talisman slots to green though. I heard people being rather successful with it and a Thief set. Also a bit sad not seeing the Assassin Mine get a red->purple Talisman color change but oh well.

As for Torture's nerf, I sort of read through the Suspect thread on the AoF, and is it not possible to scale back or remove the damage scaling related to the enemy's HP? It'll surely benefit the tanks like Alliance General and Sentinel Demon who are supposed to weather those hits. Sure, it'll nerf the green and red bat against bosses, but bosses are allowed to be a little tough.

Sparton, I do have one question leftover from the previous discussion thread: I was looking at my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy and I noticed that despite dealing true damage, his MAGIC is way lower than his ATK. Is this by design or is this similar to the Warrior Pyro (who used to deal physical damage but his MAGIC stat was updated a few updates after receiving true damage)?
    Last edited by Kardas; 01-26-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    I am really happy to see that the Vampire Hunter gets some attention!

Is it intended that additional attacks of Strike do only half of the initial damage?

If you are adding more slots for skill shards you might consider grouping some of the existing ones together - since he already needs 21 to be maxed. Stake for example could easily go to 5/10/15/20 from 5/5/5/10/10/15.
    Max-1851

Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    You could correct 'evacuator' to be 'rescuer' too
    Whoops, another case of mixing up internal name with localized name; sorry!

We'll probably leave that as is for now but will correct that for the version posted when the update goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    As for Torture's nerf, I sort of read through the Suspect thread on the AoF, and is it not possible to scale back or remove the damage scaling related to the enemy's HP? It'll surely benefit the tanks like Alliance General and Sentinel Demon who are supposed to weather those hits. Sure, it'll nerf the green and red bat against bosses, but bosses are allowed to be a little tough.
    We wanted to preserve the "boss killing" nature of the attack, we just saw that the HP scaling for subsequent skill levels was higher than was advertised (thus the Suspect Discussion thread). We felt that bringing the damage gains more in line with what is reported by the skill levels was the best approach here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Sparton, I do have one question leftover from the previous discussion thread: I was looking at my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy and I noticed that despite dealing true damage, his MAGIC is way lower than his ATK. Is this by design or is this similar to the Warrior Pyro (who used to deal physical damage but his MAGIC stat was updated a few updates after receiving true damage)?
    It's probably similar to the Warrior Pyro, but we may just leave him as is to pave the way for interesting decisions for talisman skill choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    Is it intended that additional attacks of Strike do only half of the initial damage?
    It is not; I think we have a fix for that, and if we do, we'll ensure that's clarified in the update's patch notes when that goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    If you are adding more slots for skill shards you might consider grouping some of the existing ones together - since he already needs 21 to be maxed. Stake for example could easily go to 5/10/15/20 from 5/5/5/10/10/15.
    There are technical constraints right now which prevent us from reducing the amount of skill levels a skill has without causing other problems, so while we won't be changing that for that character, it is a consideration we have for future ones.

OS
    Android
    some reasonable changes at the first glance. i really like the rare eddie buffs, since it's very disappointing to get a ultra rare 5* eddie that sucks :-)

are there additional changes planned for the next update, for the prisoner for example or haven't you decided yet what to do?
    would be curious about him, because he will get even stronger if the angels get a damage cut (which is okay i think).

and like gmac i'm also curious about pharaoh eddies entomb. haven't figured out that skill neither :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    some reasonable changes at the first glance. i really like the rare eddie buffs, since it's very disappointing to get a ultra rare 5* eddie that sucks :-)

are there additional changes planned for the next update, for the prisoner for example or haven't you decided yet what to do?
    would be curious about him, because he will get even stronger if the angels get a damage cut (which is okay i think).

and like gmac i'm also curious about pharaoh eddies entomb. haven't figured out that skill neither :-)
    So Entomb is an ability that works like the other Charges in the game (Magic Charge, Physical Charge, Furious Charge, MR Charge etc.) except it affects DEF buffs. So the idea is that you Entomb and then use Enrage or another DEF buffing ability and your DEF stat will go through the roof for a while.

As an example, you can Entomb, Enrage, and then use Ruin on Pharaoh Eddie (which scales based on DEF) and hit for about 12k-15K for 2 turns on a single target. It's a lot of setup, but the payoff is meant to be well worth it.

-Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    We have a host of changes and fixes we're preparing for PVP and other features, but no direct changes to the Prisoner for that next update.

We will post more about the other changes for that update closer to it's release.