Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Unwinnable Fight

I got caught up in an unwinnable fight today. It was not fun at all. I went about 15 rounds before I just force-closed the game to take some time off.

The enemy Golden Son Assassins just kept casting Endure, I kept healing and using Pharaoh Eddie's Invincibility (which doesn't always prevent damage BTW). They probably would have eventually wore me down had I not quit anyway, but it sucked. My screenshot shows the fight after about 8 rounds or so (5 invincibilities stacked on Pharaoh Eddie
    Name:  Screenshot_20170213-082204.png
Views: 373
Size:  490.7 KB

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by homechicken View Post
    I got caught up in an unwinnable fight today. It was not fun at all. I went about 15 rounds before I just force-closed the game to take some time off.

The enemy Golden Son Assassins just kept casting Endure, I kept healing and using Pharaoh Eddie's Invincibility (which doesn't always prevent damage BTW). They probably would have eventually wore me down had I not quit anyway, but it sucked. My screenshot shows the fight after about 8 rounds or so (5 invincibilities stacked on Pharaoh Eddie
    Name:  Screenshot_20170213-082204.png
Views: 373
Size:  490.7 KB
    That sucks, mate. The critical part of that battle is to destroy most (if not all) of the AGS at the first round itself. Try using my Wickerman for his Power skill, a Soldier/Tailgunner Eddie for their AoE damage, your CoTD, and another Warrior toon. I found that Warrior and Gunners work best.
    Best of luck!

OS
    iOS
    That does suck. I've been stuck in similarly unwinnable situations before. One way to avoid this is to bring someone who can remove/steal beneficial effects (CR Eddie/wickerdog king/assassin troll) or block beneficials (Speed of Light Eddie).
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    iOS
    Frustrating. Another strategy is bring a team which makes their ability to have an offense term impossible.

Hint: I leave my Pharaoh out of this one because he have the heavy AOE needed to do this.
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    Android
    Thanks everyone. I fought them a bunch of times with basically the same team, but then brought a trooper in and that changed up things enough that I got screwed. It might be nice to have a check when Endurance is cast that if you're already at 0 it doesn't work, but whatever. I just hate losing because I really shouldn't have and kept at it until I got real frustrated.

I don't normally take my Pharaoh on this fight, but my heavy hitters kill themselves too often right now...

OS
    Android
    That's irritating! I've been in that situation as well. Another way to avoid it is to use a character with Permadeath (e.g., Assassin CotD), which will override Endure.

druid138-6195

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    That's irritating! I've been in that situation as well. Another way to avoid it is to use a character with Permadeath (e.g., Assassin CotD), which will override Endure.

druid138-6195
    Really? Because it shouldn't since the creature has not died. Need to test that. If that's so, imo its another mixed up order of coding

OS
    Android
    I've never experience that, but in that case, I probably will bring CR Eddie to remove beneficial effect with his fury

The green Rescuer is good for moments like that. And before the nerf, that was the reason why I had the freeze Talisman on my Harpy.

OS
    Android
    Been through this before my toons didn't have enough firepower to wipe 'em all in the first rounds, so the nasty AGG's haven't got the chance to cast endurance. Used to bring up a SoL Eddie to steal their effects and, lately, a Green Rescuer (as stated above), which is good in blocking the beneficial effects, but it doesn't have much firepower.

I'm curious too about the effects of permadeath, as I didn't got the chance to test that.

All in all, it's a LoL dungeon that I can't auto play on higher levels.
    I wish for a talisman type converter