Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Disappointed again

I was lucky enough to be in the beta, played for the first 3 weeks and finished 1st, and top 5 the other two weeks. It was fun but as people got used to it it became a slugfest against the prisoner. I gave up. Not having one myself, it was a time sink that rewarded you with little to nothing by the end of the week. Ooh, extra souls that 95% of the time turn into dupes, irontite to buy souls, which turn into more dules. Nothing's changed.

There's an 11page discussion on the prisoner, how imbalanced he is in pvp and nothing was done. They fixed the talisman bug, nerfed the warrior bat, sentinel bot, and others. Yet prisoner remains. Yes the warrior troll should be fixed but there are multiple counters. Even the magus bat and death dog have similar Passives as the prisoner but not nearly as good. Besides, they as well have multiple counters too. Prisoner is countered by prisoner. Yes, you can beat the prisoner without one but you cannot consistently do it without luck on your side. You need luck to have received one and if not, too bad so sad. Promises of possible fixes with brave new world talismans coming out. When is that? Weeks after prisoner owners continue to dominate Pvp?

I won't be attempting competitive pvp after the reset, it's not fun when 7 of 10 teams in your attack list have prisoners. Then after resetting the list, you get 8 of the same people . This was explained as a limitation due to player base in the beta... now live it's just as bad seeing the same names over and over. If you want to climb the ladder, you can't risk the luck involved with playing those teams. I'm sure they don't wake up to 22+ attacks after 6 hours.

I'm up to 220 +attacks against my team, 22% hold, I'm curious to see prisoner players numbers.

Anyways, after today, be sure to attack my team for easy points. Pvp isn't worth the time investment when there are such large imbalances.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    I was lucky enough to be in the beta, played for the first 3 weeks and finished 1st, and top 5 the other two weeks. It was fun but as people got used to it it became a slugfest against the prisoner. I gave up. Not having one myself, it was a time sink that rewarded you with little to nothing by the end of the week. Ooh, extra souls that 95% of the time turn into dupes, irontite to buy souls, which turn into more dules. Nothing's changed.

There's an 11page discussion on the prisoner, how imbalanced he is in pvp and nothing was done. They fixed the talisman bug, nerfed the warrior bat, sentinel bot, and others. Yet prisoner remains. Yes the warrior troll should be fixed but there are multiple counters. Even the magus bat and death dog have similar Passives as the prisoner but not nearly as good. Besides, they as well have multiple counters too. Prisoner is countered by prisoner. Yes, you can beat the prisoner without one but you cannot consistently do it without luck on your side. You need luck to have received one and if not, too bad so sad. Promises of possible fixes with brave new world talismans coming out. When is that? Weeks after prisoner owners continue to dominate Pvp?

I won't be attempting competitive pvp after the reset, it's not fun when 7 of 10 teams in your attack list have prisoners. Then after resetting the list, you get 8 of the same people . This was explained as a limitation due to player base in the beta... now live it's just as bad seeing the same names over and over. If you want to climb the ladder, you can't risk the luck involved with playing those teams. I'm sure they don't wake up to 22+ attacks after 6 hours.

I'm up to 220 +attacks against my team, 22% hold, I'm curious to see prisoner players numbers.

Anyways, after today, be sure to attack my team for easy points. Pvp isn't worth the time investment when there are such large imbalances.
    I remember that! It was before people figured out that they can launch a freeze festival with a Prisoner in their team. But that only lasted a couple of weeks or so. You probably have the right idea there - just not giving a shit anymore about PvP - play for the free coins and let it be "Prisoner vs Prisoner"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Only an idiot would argue PvP is not easier with a Prisoner. I definitely agree with you that it is.

With that being said, right now two of the top five players don't have one.

Point being - it can be done. Time and Ironite are the more critical issues
    Watching Caretakerii go from 25+ to 14th, no Prisoner! Arena always has been pay to win! All u have to do is pump in ironite & attack weaker teams, it's not rocket science. I think Nicko,Demoonchild should put ur A++ teams back in there...give em something to really whine about
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Watching Caretakerii go from 25+ to 14th, no Prisoner! Arena always has been pay to win! All u have to do is pump in ironite & attack weaker teams, it's not rocket science. I think Nicko,Demoonchild should put ur A++ teams back in there...give em something to really whine about
    Easy to talk down from the Ivory Tower isn't it? How about you take your Prisoner off for a week?

Please tell me Mr. "Attack Weaker Teams" how to do that if at a certain level 80 percent have Prisoners in their setup?

I'm not blind and can see myself that there are a few in the top ranks without a Prisoner. But the majority has one. But apparently that is not an indicator of OP - it's just whining peasants in the ears of the kings.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    Easy to talk down from the Ivory Tower isn't it? How about you take your Prisoner off for a week?

Please tell me Mr. "Attack Weaker Teams" how to do that if at a certain level 80 percent have Prisoners in their setup?

I'm not blind and can see myself that there are a few in the top ranks without a Prisoner. But the majority has one. But apparently that is not an indicator of OP - it's just whining peasants in the ears of the kings.
    I don't attack weaker teams repeatedly... just ask Nicko,Sag etc
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    I don't attack weaker teams repeatedly... just ask Nicko,Sag etc
    That is very honorable of you - it still does not solve the problem the Prisoner being OP as fuck for people that don't have one and that he appears far too often in attack lists. Even the infamous Killhouse is tired of him and says he is too much! Consider me as a whiner if you must but he is for sure not a whinging player.

OS
    iOS
    I'd be happy just to have the talismans do something again. What is the point of grinding for them if they have almost no effect?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    That is very honorable of you - it still does not solve the problem the Prisoner being OP as fuck for people that don't have one and that he appears far too often in attack lists. Even the infamous Killhouse is tired of him and says he is too much! Consider me as a whiner if you must but he is for sure not a whinging player.
    Funny but I've played Caretakerii 3-4x today. I have no holds,he has 1. How does he do it???? I'll give u the answer... wait for it....it's called strategy! If u spent as much time experimenting with ur defence as u do whining in the forum I'm sure u'd do better.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    Funny but I've played Caretakerii 3-4x today. I have no holds,he has 1. How does he do it???? I'll give u the answer... wait for it....it's called strategy! If u spent as much time experimenting with ur defence as u do whining in the forum I'm sure u'd do better.
    Still - the majority in the top 25 has a Prisoner and that doesn't justify he is massively OP. Or everybody without one must be thick as f*ck.

But I'll do that and take your advice ... would you therefore please shout a prayer to RNGsus to give me the toons to do so? Calling people somewhat "thick to set up" a right strategy is also very easy to do from the Ivory Tower when a few hundred so called rare souls haven't given you the tools to do so. But I'll work on my ox cultists and try to figure out if one or two would be best to accompany my Troll (the only competitive toon I have).

If I wouldn't know how to use strategy I wouldn't beat Prisoner teams once in a while - wouldn't I? But an AoS in a defense team doesn't make a lot of sense as the AI is as stupid as you think I am.
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 02-18-2017 at 07:04 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post

I need to repost this couse I believe that was before this patch a char close to be fair agains the prisoner: the assassin troll

My post:
    ---------------
    Prisoner:
    - Vengeance:
    True Damage;
    Transfer Negative Effects to the Enemy;
    ------45% Chance to Stun for TWO turns------

Assassin Troll:
    - Fervor:
    True Damage;
    Chance to Charge on Perfects (does not work since ever)

They simply nerf the trolls damage to be equivalent to the Prisoner... wheres the logic in doing this?
    Its really hard to understand the devs porpuse...
    ---------------

I tried to figure out whats the devs porpuse in doing this and I think now I have the aswer: They want this, simple as that. A incredible rare char dropped from a specific and expensive soul. They want the called "rng" to take care of the anxiety to have the so op prisoner in your team. They want money.
    The day the arena is full os prisoners they will simply nerf this char as hell and will try to create another object of desire.

Wait for new talis from Brave New World? Make me laugh, we have no idea how much time to be released, and if I were to guess a date, I would not say less than six months (Being optimistic and hoping to be wrong).