Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutte View Post
    Imho the current PvP system doesn't make any sense and it is not rewarding at all since there is no loot for whatever reason.

I made a run on thursday evening and stopped at Rank 17 simply because i got bored of the always same teams and the taunt/stun/freeze fest. Despite all the bugs i slaughtered many prisoner/troll/AoF Teams without many problems (i don't have them myself) and got ... 60 ironite. Yay, partytime!
    You have to buy SoW to get that far so this is a loss-making business. Better yet, you punish the player for playing - uhm what's the point of that?

Another problem: if i had made it to #1 on saturday evening (CET), i simply would have no chance staying at a high place. I have kids and a life. The system resets when i'm alread in bed and many players just begin climbing the ranks.
    I don't see it that dark. The thing is that the devs are providing a service and for any service you enjoy you are willing to pay for it. The problem at the moment is that the game is not rewarding enough to enjoy it that much that you are willing to put a dime into. Less dupes, better rewards for legendary souls (RNG really sucks) and a point system that is actually fair in PvP would already be wnough for me to spend some money for enjoyment of time. (plus the trooper grind needs to consume way less time).
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 02-20-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    "When the Prisoner goes swimming, he doesn't get wet
    the water becomes Prisoner"

--
    Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    I don't see it that dark. The thing is that the devs are providing a service and for any service you enjoy you are willing to pay for it. The problem at the moment is that the game is not rewarding enough to enjoy it that much that you are willing to put a dime into. Less dupes, better rewards for legendary souls (RNG really sucks) and a point system that is actually fair in PvP would already be wnough for me to spend some money for enjoyment of time. (plus the trooper grind needs to consume way less time).
    To earn money from a game it has to be a decent-good game, or to have a solid fanbase like the cod serie. This is not the scenario here, this arena is not good, it's not a matter or rewards, it'a a metter of core-mechanics of the game. Playing forever versus a retarded AI is not fun, not worth paying for and boring after a very short period.

Playing versus another player as the arena-pvp idea should suggest is much more catchy, do it proper and you can sell even worthless addons, skins, gadgets for a decent price. Take as example the free to play MOBA, they earn milions through selling champions skins, and this just for the fact a lot of players enjoy the game, there is competition around it, there is interest in playing it ecc...

How can be interesting to gring versus presetted teams used by a dumb AI where the point is to build your team grinding the same levels, skip the opponents well setted and endlessy farm the others?
    You wont catch more players anyway except some tamagochi addicted, no matter which rewards you put at the end of the fight, if the fight sucks people just wont take it.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    iOS

Consider all levels of players for PVP

Top prizes should go to those who grind/spend the most. I just can't do that, so I can't be top 25. No problem, that's fair.

But PVP should be rewarding to those who can play moderately too. I achieved rank 125 last week -not too bad and the rewards at that rank are OK for moderate play, but I couldn't get them because of trophy requirements -which I couldn't achieve because my defensive attacks (248) were double my offensive ones (112).

If this keeps up people who desire to play moderately will end up deciding to go full aggro for more awards or (more likely) just put in the bare minimum for daily rewards and shop prizes.

I've already made my thoughts known on trophy losses and have suggested (what I believe to be) reasonable solutions. Please consider this. Even a moderate grind (which is a lot for me when you add on playing 50 troopers) has to be sufficiently rewarding to keep playas playing.

EDIT ADD: I by no means consider myself a moderate player in general as I put hours into the game each day -just in PVP comparatively. I think that should be weighed in on this feedback. (Implement my fast pass suggestion and I'll have more time for PVP!)
    Last edited by BillLion; 02-20-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Add
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    Ah okay, will try this too:" i play since the first week and i never got a prisoner, tailgunner, or gunner rescuer in the whole time" hope this will change asap :P

One very positive sidenote: the game doesn't crash that often anymore. Only some very occational maclos or pvte0s. Good job on this front. All in all the forum is alive again and i can see the silver light on the horizon. Only sacrifice, BNW and more content are needed for a great mobile gaming exlerience. But great progress in total, keep up this good path. The PVP adjustments are important too, but i think of this as still in progress. So i'm pretty positive about the future of this game.
    LMAO! GL! Hate what they did to ur bats. Main reason I don't attack u as much anymore.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android

One very positive sidenote: the game doesn't crash that often anymore. Only some very occational maclos or pvte0s. Good job on this front. All in all the forum is alive again and i can see the silver light on the horizon. Only sacrifice, BNW and more content are needed for a great mobile gaming exlerience. But great progress in total, keep up this good path. The PVP adjustments are important too, but i think of this as still in progress. So i'm pretty positive about the future of this game.
    Same here,3 days no errors! New record!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    hey sparton, one observation of mine:

when the pvp-list refreshes automaticly it will give you a totally different playerpool, which is mixed with highranks, middleranks and lowranks.
    when i refresh it manually, only lowranks appears 90% of the time. please check this, i made this observation so often now, that it cannot be simple coincidence.
    i belive it's also the case, when you clear your list and gain 2 extra sow. so maybe only the manually refresh causes problems.
    if every manual refresh would work that way, this issue could be solved in a simple way.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android

when the pvp-list refreshes automaticly it will give you a totally different playerpool, which is mixed with highranks, middleranks and lowranks.
    when i refresh it manually, only lowranks appears 90% of the time. please check this, i made this observation so often now, that it cannot be simple coincidence.
    i belive it's also the case, when you clear your list and gain 2 extra sow. so maybe only the manually refresh causes problems.
    if every manual refresh would work that way, this issue could be solved in a simple way.
    That's not a bug - that's actually a feature: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...1377#post31377 (3rd answer)
    "When the Prisoner goes swimming, he doesn't get wet
    the water becomes Prisoner"

--
    Chuck Norris

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTameAGame View Post
    That's not a bug - that's actually a feature: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...1377#post31377 (3rd answer)
    Missed that one. Lol lol lol. Tnx!
    And I'm heavily disappointed. But it still sucks bigtime as a feature and proves it's tweeked for us to suffer and make only early week runs. Blah

It explains shitlist! But it doesn't solve matchmaking
    Last edited by Caretaker; 02-20-2017 at 08:45 PM.

OS
    Android

Same here. Sorta. If u wait a little longer or the 2nd time u refresh it's usually better. Refresh right away,same names or lower ranks. Stupid setup,if I refresh I want better ranks. Sure seems like everything is designed to attack lower ranks
    Last edited by Silentknight; 02-20-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    Bleh, PVP is no longer fun for me now. My lack of skillsharded toons means that my fights usually go like this: If I go first, ~85% of the time I'll win unless I make a dumb move or the AI gets incredibly lucky (taunts, stuns, freezes, GS heals, invisibility, etc.). If I go second, ~70% of the time I'll lose due to losing 1-2 toons right away. My lone SSD can't take on a whole team on his own (although there have been some incredible times ).

This makes PVP rather frustrating for me, and as such, it has become more of a boring chore than a fun experience. I get attacked often enough for my offensive gains to be rendered useless. At this point, I'm doing it only for the Iron Coins that I can use to finally get more skillshards and legendary souls.

Honestly, I've yet to find a game similar in play-style to LOTB that actually has a fun PVP system. I guess it just comes with the territory of these types of games that PVP will generally be a dull experience unless you're a longtime player who has ample resources stockpiled. :S
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie