Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Same here. List has no one more than 10 points higher than myself. Until last night,got Nicko. Good thing for revenges
    Been much better today
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    After the update PvP is "Pay to win but you need a Prisoner as well - without him you are screwed".

And with the silly point system you are basically going one step forward two steps back.
    Last edited by ToTameAGame; 02-16-2017 at 03:20 PM.

OS
    iOS

Revenge bug

Someone mentioned this in a previous post but I can't find it. For some reason there are some teams who have attacked me and are revengeable but when I go to revenge one, win and then return to the defense tab, beside the rest of those teams it says "can't revenge" even though I hadn't attacked them yet.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Someone mentioned this in a previous post but I can't find it. For some reason there are some teams who have attacked me and are revengeable but when I go to revenge one, win and then return to the defense tab, beside the rest of those teams it says "can't revenge" even though I hadn't attacked them yet.
    Btw: How is the Rainmaker after the nerf bat struck? Still usable? Any good for PvP?

Some thoughts I've had:

The randomness on who goes first is extremely aggravating. That's really how you win or lose a match. You may have a great team (and maybe I don't) but if you don't go first you're most likely going to lose so that's no real strategy.
    This makes the lack of having certain characters even more depressing. I'm absolutely avoiding teams with the Prisoner or Red Troll. Why? Because I don't have those. I would much rather work for coins to guarantee myself a character like these and not to try for another useless soul that will not get me the characters I want.
    There has to be a limit on how many times you get attacked per day. I can't play all the time but in what 2 days or so that's it's been available I've been attacked 120x already. Is that going to be normal?

Honestly, the only reason I will play PvP is to try to get the achievement awards and maybe get enough coins for a Legendary Soul (to be disappointed again) but honestly I think I'm going to continue the normal PvE grind more.

OS
    iOS
    Don't give up just yet m8!
    I was neeb for four days. Wrong creatures, wrong talismans. Give yourself few more days. Stack your ironite while you learn how to set up your team to withstand that first turn and does some crazy stuff you wouldn't think of in pvp. You'll need it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    Fear not, I am here to help by re-presenting a solution. Cut or eliminate trophy losses for defensive losses. I know broken record -but there really is no other way to keep people engaged beyond the top 25 people. I fear as it is people will play hard, see the prizes at the end of the week and then scale back.
    If we deem that necessary we can do that... but we don't want to discourage people from investing in better defenses, so that PVP is merely about getting easy attack wins.

We're getting a wealth of data from having a substantially higher playerbase than the PVP Beta pool, and are looking at it to help determine how we will refine matchmaking, VP rules, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    Edit Add: Another issue is you'll see too many people reaching their rank but not trophy requirements for the tier level prizes...very demotivating.
    This is bound to happen during the first week or two, but will eventually be a non-issue once people have relatively high point values (due to the weekly reset).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    For revenging, you can only revenge a given individual twice a day, but you can also only do 20 revenge battles per day. You've hit your limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo-3281 View Post
    Some thoughts I've had:

The randomness on who goes first is extremely aggravating. That's really how you win or lose a match. You may have a great team (and maybe I don't) but if you don't go first you're most likely going to lose so that's no real strategy.
    It may be that you need to rethink your character teams, and/or how you have assigned talismans. You need to build a team that can work when going first or second to maximize your chance of victory, which often necessitates more defensive play, and/or building more health talismans to improve general sustainability.

If you want some tips from the developers, check out the new Talisman Packs in the store. You don't need to buy them if that's not your thing, but it shows you some possible sets of talismans that we've found work well if you want to have competitive characters in PVP. You'll notice that usually means having at least one health talisman, balancing secondary bonuses to Def/MR, using some more advanced sets to help build up combos, etc.

OS
    Android

Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo-3281 View Post
    Some thoughts I've had:

This makes the lack of having certain characters even more depressing. I'm absolutely avoiding teams with the Prisoner or Red Troll. Why? Because I don't have those. I would much rather work for coins to guarantee myself a character like these and not to try for another useless soul that will not get me the characters I want.
    There has to be a limit on how many times you get attacked per day. I can't play all the time but in what 2 days or so that's it's been available I've been attacked 120x already. Is that going to be normal?

Honestly, the only reason I will play PvP is to try to get the achievement awards and maybe get enough coins for a Legendary Soul (to be disappointed again) but honestly I think I'm going to continue the normal PvE grind more.
    Hi Rodrigo,

It will take a little bit of time to adjust to PVP. Sag made a great post with tips/thoughts for newcomers. Also, many considerations newer players are having we had during BETA. You might wanna check that thread too.

Having said that, maybe we did get too far ahead with skill shards and new toons during the BETA testing. I believe sacrifice is just around the corner to make up for that. The game has to make champions and skill shards more available for newer player to catch up.

Best

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    This is bound to happen during the first week or two, but will eventually be a non-issue once people have relatively high point values (due to the weekly reset).
    You're sticking with that spread from beta on weekly reset? I have nothing nice to say anymore on that.

Sorry I am for the general population. No rewards for you (us), ever. Few same ppl will thrive.
    I give you the players this and next weeks reset to realize that the best of the best ppl need 400 pts for rewards while you need cca 1000+. And it is fair

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Hi Rodrigo,

It will take a little bit of time to adjust to PVP. Sag made a great post with tips/thoughts for newcomers. Also, many considerations newer players are having we had during BETA. You might wanna check that thread too.

Having said that, maybe we did get too far ahead with skill shards and new toons during the BETA testing. I believe sacrifice is just around the corner to make up for that. The game has to make champions and skill shards more available for newer player to catch up.

Best
    Hey do you think you can link me that post Sag did? I could really use some help on PVP because I don't really know what kind of team to build currently or what talismans to use. I just use a SoL eddie, assassin corrupt rescuer, hellhound, and pharaoh dog for now because that's like my only strong trooops.

Also I feel sorry for Rodrigo he got attacked 120x?!?!? I only had gotten attacked once ever since PVP started dang lol. I mean I am pretty low in the trophies only Acolyte II